Sponsored

Factory warranty- Mopar lift

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
If you have the mopar lift installed at dealer does it void your warranty and Is there a size limit for tires. I’m looking at adding 37s and wondering if adding both will void it. I have a rubicon
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
If you have the mopar lift installed at dealer does it void your warranty and Is there a size limit for tires. I’m looking at adding 37s and wondering if adding both will void it. I have a rubicon
Nope. A Mopar lift installed by a Jeep dealer, and probably even if not, as long as it was properly installed, should have no effect on your warranty. As for 37's, I don't know. However, they can't deny a warranty claim unrelated to the tires. The tires would have had to be at least a part of the cause of the problem.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Nope. A Mopar lift installed by a Jeep dealer, and probably even if not, as long as it was properly installed, should have no effect on your warranty. As for 37's, I don't know. However, they can't deny a warranty claim unrelated to the tires. The tires would have had to be at least a part of the cause of the problem.
Same goes for any aftermarket lift. You warranty won't cover the components of the lift, but it doesn't void the warranty on everything else.

OP
OP
Bszczepanski

Bszczepanski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
So is it only the components you replace in the suspension? Can a dealer claim the Lift or tires caused it some how to void any future repairs even if not relevant.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
So is it only the components you replace in the suspension? Can a dealer claim the Lift or tires caused it some how to void any future repairs even if not relevant.
They can try, but have to prove it.

Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
All the warranty info is on Mopars website. The lift is warrantied for 2 years if properly installed and doesn't matter by whom.

JASPER

First Name
Wayolife Sucks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon and 2014 JK 2dr
they can say lift and largers tires put a strain on engine, transmission manual and auto, axles, wheel hubs,steering componants, they can say anything. pretty much you lift it they can void anything connected to the tires

adamj2121

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordering Soon: 2018 JLU Rubicon
they can say lift and largers tires put a strain on engine, transmission manual and auto, axles, wheel hubs,steering componants, they can say anything. pretty much you lift it they can void anything connected to the tires
they can say it, but they can't void the warranty unless they PROVE it. Now I'm sure there will be plenty of dealers that will say they can't honor the warranty, but you can either press them until they do (not worth the hassle, IMO) or find a dealer that will honor the warranty.

Merlin28

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 JK Sahara builds , JL Rubicon, 95 XJ build
Most annoying thing about all this is all the nubes that will be lifting jeeps.
Big
Money maker for
Aftermarket with all these people buying into an image...

Sponsored

ROOSTER1974

First Name
Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150xlt, 2015 Equinox LT1 and soon a 2018 Wrangler JL Sport!
Speaking of "nubes" my fiancé and I just ordered our 2018 JL Sport with the 2.0 turbo! This has always been her dream vehicle and yes we will be installing the Mopar 2" lift kit shortly after it arrives. We are beyond stoked!

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Most dealers i talked to said if you spend the extra money with them and install it it will be covered no matter what happens unless you go out and drive hard and break it. thats just like back in the 90s when we put chips in our diesels. if we did it and it blew the motor ford would not cover it. but you paid them the extra 500 they wanted to buy and put it in they would cover it no matter what it did to the engine. i guess its worth paying extra with them sometimes for this kind of things

Penance81

First Name
Tillman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It is definitely covered under warranty. The catch is per Mopar site and reps it must be installed by a certified mopar technician. My dealer installed it and I had to have this discussion when they were keeping my vehicle for 3 and 4 days trying to get to the bottom of the whole coil spring bow debacle. Mopar covered my dealer for all labor and provided me with a loner vehicle. Like any warranty work if you go out and break something lift or no lift you could have that argument depending on the circumstances. From my conversation the lift itself has a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty for its parts. It's parts will not void the warranty of any of the factory Jeep parts for their 3 year 36,000 mile warranty.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
It is definitely covered under warranty. The catch is per Mopar site and reps it must be installed by a certified mopar technician. My dealer installed it and I had to have this discussion when they were keeping my vehicle for 3 and 4 days trying to get to the bottom of the whole coil spring bow debacle. Mopar covered my dealer for all labor and provided me with a loner vehicle. Like any warranty work if you go out and break something lift or no lift you could have that argument depending on the circumstances. From my conversation the lift itself has a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty for its parts. It's parts will not void the warranty of any of the factory Jeep parts for their 3 year 36,000 mile warranty.
that would have sucked for those that put it on themselves because they would have not been so easy going on it and you would have been a hassle at first. did they now replace or fix the problem on the springs yet ?

Penance81

First Name
Tillman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
that would have sucked for those that put it on themselves because they would have not been so easy going on it and you would have been a hassle at first. did they now replace or fix the problem on the springs yet ?
No true fix yet, they did grind down the isolator some to make it so the spring at least does not hit the side of the bump stop. They were told new isolators to fix the issue should be available April 1st.
Sponsored