Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Now reading about Ball-joints and warranty coverage with 37's I will pull my Wheels/Tires off sale. I was thinking about keeping them anyway and running the new 17's with 37's for trails. Then use the 20's with my 35's for home driving and any issue take Jeep in with those. Since my Dealership did Mopar lift and ordered my Wheels/Tires and installed they will warranty. My dealership takes 6 out 0f 10 Jeeps and puts Mopar lift with 35's and 37's all the time on their lot. They sale fast.
Sponsored

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
As said, some dealers are absolutely fine with lifts, while others will try and link the lift and bigger tires as soon as the failed part could be linked to these mods. Even if a dealer is known to be fine with mods, all it takes is a new regional rep or service manager and you're screwed.

SmileyRecon21

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon
The reason I had my dealership install the Mopar lift was the warranty. At some later time can always do a @Roky lift. 😎 :swear: Since I call my Rubi my retirement Jeep I hope I convince myself not to trade it in 2/3 years. I have habit of once normal warranty over they tend to disappear. Two items on my MOST hate to do list is # 1 Move and #2 Auto repair issues.
What size tires are you running with your mopar lift?

falcon241073

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
My ball joints continue to click even after I tightened them, and I now have some side to side movement and occasional shimmy/wobble.

What are the chances that they would replace the ball joints under warranty given that I have a Mopar lift and 37s?

Also, does anyone know the part numbers for the iron knuckles that come on the 392/Dieser and Xtreme Recon? If I am changing ball joints I may as well replace the knuckles.
I do not believe the part numbers have changed since I got them.

Mopar iron knuckles

68477358AA - Front Knuckle, Right

68477359AA - Front Knuckle, Left

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What size tires are you running with your mopar lift?
[/QUOTE

Toyo Open Country MT 35's When the shipping issue gets resolved and tire prices lower, I am getting 37's and will run those on trails and change back to my 35's for in town driving.

Sponsored

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
hmmm... now you've given me something to think about.

Love the Pro-tip. That would certainly be a Homer Simpson "DOH!!" moment. LOL!! :LOL: I think I'll be alright though. Just doing 2.5" with 35s to the garage door opening should be fine.
Reminds me when my dad and I put up a fence in Grandma's backyard. Got done after working all day and my dad says, "Ma, come out and take a look!" She says, "Oh, it looks great boys! But how are you going to get the van out?".

Van was still in the middle of the backyard and was only only a small gate by the side of the house. We just looked at each other like complete idiots. Took down a section of fence, drove the van out, and put it back. :headbang:🤪🤬

SmileyRecon21

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon
I have 35” factory wheels that came on my new rubicon XR. Don’t ask me why I ordered 37” Nittos and scheduled the lift for Tuesday. Talk about an impulse buy! I can’t get over having my 18 jk that had a factory mopar 4” lift height compared to what I have now. My wife got hit by a drunk driver 2 weeks ago.

59C947DA-466A-43D4-8664-129E36474B43.jpeg
Sponsored