Factory/stock front trackbar measurement

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
What is the stock JLU front trackbar length (center-of-eye to center-of-eye)? I'm figuring/hoping someone has a take-off sitting around. I would measure my own, but my jeep is still being built.

I picked up some new Rancho HD adjustables local for cheap from someone who ended up getting a complete kit that had them included and didn't need them anymore, but I'm finding mixed info about the front. They are "officially" listed as being for 2"-4.5" lift, but when I asked Rancho direct they said they are listed on the gladiator as being for 1.5", but they couldn't answer if they were actually adjustable to 0". I found a couple reviews by customers stating they were adjustable even lower ("close to stock length") than 2" lift. The front one measures ~37.5" ~33.5"center to center at the shortest length.

I plan to install new brackets in the front (to support a 3" lift) to allow maximum adjustability to not only center the axle but also maintain proper angle, but having done my research (that I should have done before I bought these, but it was an impulse because they were so cheap) I'm afraid that they might end up being too long at their shortest when also using the bracket.

Long explanation for a simple "can you measure for me" request, lol.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: The Rancho front does not measure 37.5", it measures around 33.5" at it's shortest setting. Apparently my wife in her effort to "clean up my mess" put the rear bar back into the front bar's box.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
After digging some more, I found a spec sheet for a lift kit online that listed the stock trackbar eye-to-eye as 33.75" to 33.80". Since the Rancho is adjustable down to 33.5", it would seem that the Rancho will work for 0"-4.5" lifts (not just 2"-4.5"). So looks like I am good and should have the adjustability I need.

Reactions: zyt

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
A track bar relocation can be used on the rear, to raise the rear roll center, which would require a close to stock length track bar. The front is more involved. You wouldn't use a front relocation bracket, unless you also flipped the drag link. And a drag link flip isn't needed unless you're lifting for than 4.5" over stock height. At the 3" lift you mentioned, a front track bar relocation and drag link flip aren't needed, so a longer than stock track bar will be all that's needed to center the front axle.

OP
OP
moments.by.ron

moments.by.ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
A track bar relocation can be used on the rear, to raise the rear roll center, which would require a close to stock length track bar. The front is more involved. You wouldn't use a front relocation bracket, unless you also flipped the drag link. And a drag link flip isn't needed unless you're lifting for than 4.5" over stock height. At the 3" lift you mentioned, a front track bar relocation and drag link flip aren't needed, so a longer than stock track bar will be all that's needed to center the front axle.
Okay, I've heard mixed opinions on this and I appreciate the feedback. Mixed opinions on whether it's effective, not necessarily whether it's "needed". The bracket I was planning on installing is a shorty for a 2.5"-3.5" lift. I know synergy makes one that is intended only for lifts greater than 3" which involves the draglink flip. But the Teraflex bracket was designed to only slightly raise the position of the trackbar back to where it normally would be positioned before the axle was pushed down, and then the new track bar was mainly because its more HD (thicker) and also to have some adjustment to really dial in the centered axle. While the bracket may not be "needed" and a longer trackbar would be fine, I was leaning toward "optimal" performance.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Okay, I've heard mixed opinions on this and I appreciate the feedback. Mixed opinions on whether it's effective, not necessarily whether it's "needed". The bracket I was planning on installing is a shorty for a 2.5"-3.5" lift. I know synergy makes one that is intended only for lifts greater than 3" which involves the draglink flip. But the Teraflex bracket was designed to only slightly raise the position of the trackbar back to where it normally would be positioned before the axle was pushed down, and then the new track bar was mainly because its more HD (thicker) and also to have some adjustment to really dial in the centered axle. While the bracket may not be "needed" and a longer trackbar would be fine, I was leaning toward "optimal" performance.
Whether at stock height or lifted, the front track bar and drag link will remain parallel with each other. After 4.5" of lift is when they both reach a great enough angle in relation to the ground to cause excessive bump steer. It's only at that point where an axle side track bar relocation bracket and drag link flip are needed to regain the loss of optimal performance. Below 4.5" of added height, a relocation/flip won't bring any appreciable gain in performance, but will actually cost some uptravel because more bumpstop will be needed to prevent the knuckle side of the drag link from hitting the passenger frame rail.

I'm all about optimizing performance. In my opinion, the only thing worth adding to a heavy duty tie rod, drag link, and front track bar is a frame side reinforcement for the track bar. For the rear I have an adjustable track bar set to about factory length, an axle side relocation/reinforcement, and the frame side reinforcement.
Sponsored