Sponsored

Factory springs vs Mopar 2" kit springs?

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
So after reading numerous posts about the Rubicon Unlimited factory springs being set by the package ordered. Which I have the tow group, hard top, steel bumper package and numerous have said the factory springs are installed to accommodate these features.

My question is if the springs are weighted to handle these options, when we order the Mopar lift kit, it is not, so what will the Mopar lift kit be like since it's not built for the tow group, steel bumper and hardtop options?

Seems like the Mopar lift kit should come in different configurations?

Any info on this?
Sponsored

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
The lift kits are model/engine specific. Other than that, your lift height will vary according to your add-ons i.e. bumpers, hard tops, etc. That is why Sports get more net lift than a Rubicon.

OP
OP

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
The lift kits are model/engine specific. Other than that, your lift height will vary according to your add-ons i.e. bumpers, hard tops, etc. That is why Sports get more net lift than a Rubicon.

Well engine specific yes, but not model specific. So seems fairly generic in regards to steel bumper pkg, towing pkg, winch, etc...heck my winch plate is heavy enough with the winch.

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
Well engine specific yes, but not model specific. So seems fairly generic in regards to steel bumper pkg, towing pkg, winch, etc...heck my winch plate is heavy enough with the winch.
By model specific I meant 4 door versus 2 door. Anyone can look at the installation instructions and discover that.

2Wheel-Lee

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2006 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD, 1986 Suzuki Samurai, 1975 Datsun 620
By model specific I meant 4 door versus 2 door. Anyone can look at the installation instructions and discover that.
Look at all the OE springs available, and you'll see what the OP means. There are a lot of part numbers, beyond more than just 2dr and 4dr and the engine configurations.

I didn't study this page to make sure it makes the point, but this may shine some light on all the springs available. Yes, it appears the Mopar kit is more generic.

https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/...ont-suspension-cat/suspension-components-scat

FrankieFJL

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
IT Professional
Vehicle Showcase
To answer the OP question, look at my first response. There are a multitude of configurations for all the models out of the factory but when you buy the lift kit it is specific to either four-door or two door and engine size. That’s it. To quote myself.
your lift height will vary according to your add-ons i.e. bumpers, hard tops, etc. That is why Sports get more net lift than a Rubicon.
Sponsored