factory slush mats

RisingEagle

First Name
Armond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4DR Ocean Blue Rubicon
for all considering what floor mats to get - I just picked up the Mopar Jeep slush mats. I'm not sure what I was expecting - but these are better than whatever that was.

I've had WeatherTech in my vehicles forever; I drag too much junk in my vehicles not to have some type of tub mat to catch it all. The Mopars reminded me of the WeatherTech - like they were custom molded to fit ALL of the space down there. the tub comes up a good couple inches I think, and the built-in drain is awesome. cut a couple small tabs of the carpet, remove the rubber grommet (save it to put the grommet in your floor mat) - and the mat goes right into the drain in the front floorboards.

I had ordered with carpet mats - my floor was quickly filling up with sand. these slush mats are worth the price

also fyi - if ordered with the jeep, I don't think you get the red lettering (and you also do NOT get the carpet mats, not that much of anyone will care if they are using these anyway). The red Jeep lettering on the mats really ties them into the interior.

I know some are debating on what mats to get - I highly recommend getting these. might be a couple dollars more than most others - but you'll have them in the Jeep until you sell it, or you pull them out for a trade-in
Sponsored

Tpham

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler sport s
First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Registered Respiratory Therapist
I am a New 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport owner and want to get all weather mats for it but cant decide if I should go with Weather tech or the Mopar ones with the drain plugs. Any ideas, concerns, or helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I am a New 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport owner and want to get all weather mats for it but cant decide if I should go with Weather tech or the Mopar ones with the drain plugs. Any ideas, concerns, or helpful info would be greatly appreciated.
Actually, you should be considering 3 mat offerings not the 2 you mentioned>
  1. WeatherTech
  2. Husky X-act Contour's
  3. Mopar All Weather Mats
What way you go should be based on usage. Are you going to deal with lots of snow, mud, water, sand, horse chitt? If so you are more apt to appreciate the WeatherTech offering and it's high sides coverage.

Now if you want decent coverage, want a prettier mat, a softer mat then you will like the Husky offering.

As for the Mopar All Weather Mats... well, most here probably have those. Ordered them with their vehicle or got them shortly after they got their vehicle. Those same owner's did not have the other two mat offerings as they were not yet available. As for the pros and cons of the Mopar mat, well, I'll let owner's of same speak up.

For the record, I had the WeatherTechs for a month or so and then switched to the Husky's. I'm liking the Husky's better and I was a die hard WeatherTech guy for many years.

Do your research and think, think before you buy.....

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Occupation
Registered Respiratory Therapist
Actually, you should be considering 3 mat offerings not the 2 you mentioned>
  1. WeatherTech
  2. Husky X-act Contour's
  3. Mopar All Weather Mats
What way you go should be based on usage. Are you going to deal with lots of snow, mud, water, sand, horse chitt? If so you are more apt to appreciate the WeatherTech offering and it's high sides coverage.

Now if you want decent coverage, want a prettier mat, a softer mat then you will like the Husky offering.

As for the Mopar All Weather Mats... well, most here probably have those. Ordered them with their vehicle or got them shortly after they got their vehicle. Those same owner's did not have the other two mat offerings as they were not yet available. As for the pros and cons of the Mopar mat, well, I'll let owner's of same speak up.

For the record, I had the WeatherTechs for a month or so and then switched to the Husky's. I'm liking the Husky's better and I was a die hard WeatherTech guy for many years.

Do your research and think, think before you buy.....

Thanks, I live in Ohio so yes sometimes we get a lot of snow and other times not so much. I do live in the country so dirt, mud are possibilities but not horse chitt! LOL!! I will wait to hear from some others and I am going to Jeep Jam in Aug so thought I could talk to others there as well.

Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
I have MOPAR mats. They’re nice. I mean, they’re floor mats in a Jeep... as long as you’re not the guy/gal who thinks a floor mat plug should be capable of combating the forces exerted by water when forging a deep river (hint: put the plugs in the actual floor before you try that, and maybe remove your carpets, first), I think you’ll like them. If you want the Jeep logo to be red, order them separately from your truck (long, boring story, but trust me). I’m sure aftermarket are nice, too. I’ve had WeatherTec in other vehicles and think the MOPAR offering is nicer (nof plastic-y like WT).

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
snipe:
I have MOPAR mats. I’ve had WeatherTec in other vehicles and think the MOPAR offering is nicer (nof plastic-y like WT).
I think the WeatherTech's are superior to all offerings, in regard to coverage... but it's the "plastic-y" you mention (I agree 100%) is what made me get rid of the WeatherTech's in my JL and go with the Husky X-act Contours. I sacrificed coverage for a prettier mat with decent side coverage, that just plain felt better under the feet.

Respo

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Anyone know the difference between the factory’s mopar part numbers? I’m finding 12285203 AC and 12285203 AD, they both say they have the red lettering so I’m confused. One is more $

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Kinda cool I saw this post this morning... I ordered 812285203AC about a month ago on Amazon. Saw this post this morning with the updated P/N and reached out to the seller - they’re going to swap out 812285203AC for 812285203AD. Hopefully this 4th iteration of the part is the last and works as expected. Thank you JL Forum!

DougJaneway

First Name
37NDJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Local Government Official
So, I saw someone comment on the drain plugs not standing up to water fording. Has anyone tried this? The mats plug into the floor like the drain plugs, but mine don't seem very secure in the drain. Its nice for cleaning out your mats without taking them out of the jeep, but if it ruins your water fording capability is it really worth it?
Sponsored