Sponsored

Factory rear steel bumper (or MP concepts aluminum) end caps...are they needed?

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
I bought a blemished MP Concepts rear bumper, figuring no big deal, I'm going to paint it anyway...then found out the end caps that blend into the fenders are plastic. Are they plastic on the OEM steel bumper as well? Is there a reason not to leave them off altogether (looking stupid, bad fuel economy, mud inside the bumper) ?

I don't find them particularly attractive and would consider not putting end caps on at all, unless there's a good reason to use them.
Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
I have no idea what you're talking about, but from your description I say leave them off.

Don’t screw up your fenders by dropping a shelf on your bumper.

Edit: if they were on my factory rear plastic bumper, they are no longer there.

OP
OP
JEEPmole

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
Jeep Wrangler JL Factory rear steel bumper (or MP concepts aluminum) end caps...are they needed? PXL_20220903_021401740.MP
this thing ^^

Sponsored

Hotchyy

First Name
Romeo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLU
Occupation
Parks & Rec
I bought a blemished MP Concepts rear bumper, figuring no big deal, I'm going to paint it anyway...then found out the end caps that blend into the fenders are plastic. Are they plastic on the OEM steel bumper as well? Is there a reason not to leave them off altogether (looking stupid, bad fuel economy, mud inside the bumper) ?

I don't find them particularly attractive and would consider not putting end caps on at all, unless there's a good reason to use them.
They’re plastic on the OEM ones, and if you have sport fenders they may not match up.

D5B2C429-98B0-46A1-9593-80F93C3A1D2C.jpeg

mferrara91

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Yes they are plastic on the steel bumpers.

Canucklesammich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
Have them stock on mine; had to remove them to replace weak OEM brackets with the Metal Cloak brackets. I put 'em back on, of course.

OP
OP
JEEPmole

JEEPmole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys 2dr
I'm going for the full width (no choice, it's a full width bumper), I'm just asking about the piece that connects the rear bumper with the fender.