Sponsored

Factory Radio Issues Need Help (2019 JL Rubicon)

DMR2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Hello.
A couple weeks ago, I purchased a 2019 JL Rubicon that has the upgraded Alpine stereo system.
I haven't even made my first car payment on it.
Today, as I was listening to Sirius XM, and about a mile down the road, the radio all of a sudden got a lot of static in it sounding like crap!
It kind of acts like a bad connection or something.
It doesn't matter if it is on Sirius XM, regular FM radio, or what, there is a lot of static!
I turned the radio off and back on a few times trying to see if that would help.
At a stop light, I turned the Jeep off and restarted it and still no luck fixing this.
I am not sure where to begin with this, or even if it's a simple fix.
I sure as heck hope it is as I'm kind of not happy about it!
Anyone else have this issue and know what the fix is?
I'll take it to the dealer if I have to - but if it's something I can fix, I'd like to try that first before losing my wheels for who knows how long for them to fix it.
Thanks for any help with this.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DMR2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
So after I posted my original post, an hour later I went out to see if I could figure it out.
I started the Jeep up and the radio and all worked fine... crystal clear. What the hell?
Drove it around to see if it would go back to having static in it, and everything is working.
I'm scratching my head on what could be causing the original issue so it does not do that again.

Gellie

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So after I posted my original post, an hour later I went out to see if I could figure it out.
I started the Jeep up and the radio and all worked fine... crystal clear. What the hell?
Drove it around to see if it would go back to having static in it, and everything is working.
I'm scratching my head on what could be causing the original issue so it does not do that again.
Maybe you just needed to re ping to the satellite?

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds like a loose connection somewhere.

Hopefully it doesn’t happen again.

Fingers crossed.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Welcome to Jeep ownership. It is guaranteed to be a fun ride!

Sponsored

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Welcome to Jeep ownership. It is guaranteed to be a fun ride!
I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic. Is the JL really that bad? Asking for a friend....

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

I can’t tell if you are being sarcastic. Is the JL really that bad? Asking for a friend....
Jeeps are quirky. I have owned three, all with different minor issues. Just remember that these are not BMW's (even know the price might be close) and that the minor issues pale in comparison to how much fun you will have in the Jeep. I always get tons of miles out of them without issue. Just be prepared for the minor electrical gremlins, the soft-tops that become leaky, the driving experience (two-live axles are way different than modern cars), etc. The reason why Jeep people wave to Jeep people is not because we are part of a club, but because you know the ownership experience like I do. Don’t be scared of the JL, it’s a great truck.

GRXKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2010 F150, 2016 Escape, 1970 GTX
Occupation
Own and operate a remodeling company
What a bunch of bullshit replies. I have 2021 and it does the same thing after the radio is on a few hours. Who cares if it’s not a BMW it should work

Sponsored

jromanmd

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
What a bunch of bullshit replies. I have 2021 and it does the same thing after the radio is on a few hours. Who cares if it’s not a BMW it should work
Wow. Someone didnt get what they wanted for Dinner today. Boo-Hoo

GRXKen

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2010 F150, 2016 Escape, 1970 GTX
Occupation
Own and operate a remodeling company
I always get what I want for dinner.

If you want to make the forum useful give helpful answers. Just because it’s a jeep does not make it ok for the manufacturer to build a faulty product. Accepting a defect is not showing support for the community.
Sponsored