Sponsored

Factory Plastic to Steel bumper swap

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
There are many different brackets when going plastic to steel. If you ordered just the bumper you will need those. Most don’t interchange. I didn’t use rivnuts at all. I was able to use regular bolts/nuts where the rivnuts would go. The steel bumper uses unique led fogs. Mine came with the bumper. If you have led or halogen from plastic, they make some kind of adapters. I don’t know specifics. Yes closure panel (plastic) is unique to this bumper too.
PM if you want. If you look at a parts breakdown of each bumper, you should be able to see compatible or non compatible parts between the two.
Thanks. Allmoparparts told me all the hardware/fasteners were included with the bumper and skid, but reading these threads sounds like I need closure panel and led brackets. The led’s themselves are the same though, yes?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeep1967

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon JL, 2008 Sahara JK, 2000 Sport TJ, 1995 Sport YJ
Thanks. Allmoparparts told me all the hardware/fasteners were included with the bumper and skid, but reading these threads sounds like I need closure panel and led brackets. The led’s themselves are the same though, yes?
I do not believe the LEDs are the same. One uses four holes and other uses two. I think this is where the brackets come in Basically to adapt one style to the other. I had a plastic non-LED bumper so I purchased a steel bumper with LEDs already installed from a member here. So I really don’t know what the plastic bumper LED lights look like.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
If the LED’s were the same, you wouldn’t need adapter brackets. There are 4 different fog lights on the JL, for some awful reason.

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I do not believe the LEDs are the same. One uses four holes and other uses two. I think this is where the brackets come in Basically to adapt one style to the other. I had a plastic non-LED bumper so I purchased a steel bumper with LEDs already installed from a member here. So I really don’t know what the plastic bumper LED lights look like.
If the LED’s were the same, you wouldn’t need adapter brackets. There are 4 different fog lights on the JL, for some awful reason.
Looks like when you order the bumper, it comes with the LED fogs. Problem solved. :)
Just need the closeout panel And rivnuts for the skid I guess. Will see tomorrow.

Kian

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel Billet Silver
I’m upgrading from plastic to steel bumper as well. I’ve only ordered the steel bumper and steel skid plate.. can someone please list the part numbers for the steel bracket and rivnuts needed to complete the swap?

thanks in advance!

Sponsored

Amaruq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR 6spd
I’m upgrading from plastic to steel bumper as well. I’ve only ordered the steel bumper and steel skid plate.. can someone please list the part numbers for the steel bracket and rivnuts needed to complete the swap?

thanks in advance!
If you order the bumper and skid new, it comes with everything you need except the top close out panel that bridges the gap between bumper and grille.

Kian

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR EcoDiesel Billet Silver
If you order the bumper and skid new, it comes with everything you need except the top close out panel that bridges the gap between bumper and grille.
thank you!

Grace213

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Here are the parts I ordered from Quadratec:

06512587AA x 7 screw skid to bumper
68353836AA skid bracket left
68353837AA skid bracket right
06511076AA x 4 nut/rivet
6104414AA x 4 bolt for nut/rivet
68293984AB skid plate

The MOPAR bumper from Quadratec has the LED fogs pre-installed.
Ordering everything separately is about $120 cheaper than ordering the complete skid plate kit that is offered.
Hope this helps
Sponsored