Sponsored

Factory Ordering a Sport S, What Should I Cut?

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Half doors and the 8.4" w/Alpine are my votes. You live in a warm climate where you can run the half doors year round. They are great quality and there are no other half doors close in quality. And unless you are not wanting to listen to radio or plan on upgrading if you don't get the Alpine system... go with Alpine. You'll be able to hear the radio with no top and windows out still.

IMG_8970.jpeg
Sponsored

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
Here's my dream Sport-S config ($42k):

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...DA,TQJ,WF9,A7,UAQ,AEK,AJ1,AAN,RC4,AJB,GXD,22S

Upgrades include:

- half doors
- 8.4 in screen
- remote key
- safety group

Here's the bare minimum features I could live with ($36k):

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...C1,DFT,DLK,Z1H,SDA,TQJ,WF9,A7,UAG,AAN,RC4,22S

- no half doors
- standard screen
- no remote key
- no safety group

I am torn, because while I really want all the additional features, I'm not convinced they're all worth $6k.

Gun to your head, what features would you cut, given these two configs? Is there anything you got in this list that you're unhappy with?
Cut off the child support and buy a Rubicon.

LostSoul

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
future JLUR
Keep
-half doors - will be hard to find and you already have plans to use them
- safety group - impossible to add

Lose
- 8.4 in screen - might be able to upgrade for less(-$2095)
- remote key - Meaning proximity? do you have it now?(-$645)

Add
Anti-spin (+595)
Trailer tow (+795)
and maybe Sec-Trac (+695)

enjoy the ride, after enjoying the wait for the build.

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
Dump safety group and half doors

WorkingMan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Here's my dream Sport-S config ($42k):

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...DA,TQJ,WF9,A7,UAQ,AEK,AJ1,AAN,RC4,AJB,GXD,22S

Upgrades include:

- half doors
- 8.4 in screen
- remote key
- safety group

Here's the bare minimum features I could live with ($36k):

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...C1,DFT,DLK,Z1H,SDA,TQJ,WF9,A7,UAG,AAN,RC4,22S

- no half doors
- standard screen
- no remote key
- no safety group

I am torn, because while I really want all the additional features, I'm not convinced they're all worth $6k.

Gun to your head, what features would you cut, given these two configs? Is there anything you got in this list that you're unhappy with?
Get the tow package.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Gun to your head, what features would you cut, given these two configs?
I have a Sport, which means I cut everything except a steering wheel and tires. 😁

Generally, factory accessories, whether optioned individually or in so-called packages, are where the OEMs make their money. It's amazing how more expensive I could have made my factory-ordered Wrangler, without any change to the engine or suspension (i.e., the stuff that really matters.)

With it established that the mark-up on factory options is always significant, I say equip your Sport S in exactly the manner that you want. If the half doors sound fun and the Safety Group gives you peace of mind, now, that's probably not going to change even if you order and then live with a vehicle on which those features are absent.

Why are 1/2 doors a thing on a vehicle that takes doors off?
Aesthetics, for sure, and lateral visibility in certain off-road environments.

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Probably don't want me to answer this one.... I went with a 2 door, roll up windows, manual locks, small screen, soft top, and manual tranny. I am around tech all day at work and it is a refreshing change to get away from it all when in the Jeep....

Four-door here.

About once every two months I wish I had manual windows so I could load large carboard boxes with the door straps and detents disconnected, but still use the windows. Well, maybe not full manual. Do they still make those little black gearbox thingies with four C batteries?

@Themallcrawler what are you planning on using the jeep for? Are you going to add a lot of bits to it? Do they require electricity? Then get the tow package, just for the auxiliary switches.

I've the limited slip, but I don't see it being much use in Miami if you don't drive crazy.

If your name is the clue, I vote proximity entry and half doors. Give us some hints!
Sponsored