Sponsored

Factory Ordering a Sport S, What Should I Cut?

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
Here's my dream Sport-S config ($42k):

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...DA,TQJ,WF9,A7,UAQ,AEK,AJ1,AAN,RC4,AJB,GXD,22S

Upgrades include:

- half doors
- 8.4 in screen
- remote key
- safety group

Here's the bare minimum features I could live with ($36k):

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...C1,DFT,DLK,Z1H,SDA,TQJ,WF9,A7,UAG,AAN,RC4,22S

- no half doors
- standard screen
- no remote key
- no safety group

I am torn, because while I really want all the additional features, I'm not convinced they're all worth $6k.

Gun to your head, what features would you cut, given these two configs? Is there anything you got in this list that you're unhappy with?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
Just me, but I don't need the bigger screen or remote key.

I don't have the safety stuff, either, but I won't knock it if that is important to your family.
Any strong opinions on the half doors? Are there good cheaper after market ones or are the OEM ones the way to go?

NoahVD

First Name
Noah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I love the 8.4 screen. Much more clarity on it and very versatile thanks to apple car play or android auto.
I would cut safety group for sure

AlgUSF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUS, 2014 Tundra, 2013 Odyssey, 2002 Civic
Depends on what you're using it for. Mine is not my daily driver, so it is basic as it gets. JLUS 6MT, 5" screen. For me, the drive is all the infotainment I need. :)

If it was my daily driver, I'd get power everything upgraded audio, adaptive cruise control.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I have safety (require with LED on my model), 8.4 (standard on my model, and remote proximity.

I chose not to spend the money for the half doors , I wasn't going to spend $4k on 4 doors and I want dual tops.

I could live with out the safety group. (I have a bad neck, that someday may be problematic) I like blind spot detection

The 8.4 I could live without, I would get the Alpine with the 7.0 screen. The stock speakers were very lacking from playing with them at the dealer. I am not that much of Nav or techy person. (I haven't even set up Apple Carplay on my Jeep.)

The remote proximity is nice but not required. It isn't that expensive in the grand scheme of things.

I couldn't access your build. My bare minimum build (for my MA climate) would have been Hard top, heated seats, LED, LSD and Apline speaker upgrade.

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
Here's my dream Sport-S config ($42k):

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...DA,TQJ,WF9,A7,UAQ,AEK,AJ1,AAN,RC4,AJB,GXD,22S

Upgrades include:

- half doors
- 8.4 in screen
- remote key
- safety group

Here's the bare minimum features I could live with ($36k):

https://www.jeep.com/bmo.wrangler.2...C1,DFT,DLK,Z1H,SDA,TQJ,WF9,A7,UAG,AAN,RC4,22S

- no half doors
- standard screen
- no remote key
- no safety group

I am torn, because while I really want all the additional features, I'm not convinced they're all worth $6k.

Gun to your head, what features would you cut, given these two configs? Is there anything you got in this list that you're unhappy with?
Cut: Dual Doors as they delay delivery significantly right now.

Cut: safety group unless you want lower insurance or something. If not then cut this package out.

Add: Side Steps as they give the Jeep a nice finished look.

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
I love the 8.4 screen. Much more clarity on it and very versatile thanks to apple car play or android auto.
I would cut safety group for sure
I couldn't find any photos that anyone has comparing the two systems. Do you have any?

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
I have safety (require with LED on my model), 8.4 (standard on my model, and remote proximity.

I chose not to spend the money for the half doors , I wasn't going to spend $4k on 4 doors and I want dual tops.

I could live with out the safety group. (I have a bad neck, that someday may be problematic) I like blind spot detection

The 8.4 I could live without, I would get the Alpine with the 7.0 screen. The stock speakers were very lacking from playing with them at the dealer. I am not that much of Nav or techy person. (I haven't even set up Apple Carplay on my Jeep.)

The remote proximity is nice but not required. It isn't that expensive in the grand scheme of things.

I couldn't access your build. My bare minimum build (for my MA climate) would have been Hard top, heated seats, LED, LSD and Apline speaker upgrade.
Do you use aftermarket half doors? If so, which ones?

Jenny-van

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Not to refute 631_Islander, because there are many data points to support his claim that dual doors delay delivery. However my friend and I ordered jeeps two days apart, his with half doors and mine without, and they arrived on the same truck approx 30 days after the order.

ETA: our data point is extremely recent, Jeeps were delivered to the dealer on 8 June.

I’m with dgoodhue; I ordered the 7” screen with the upgraded alpine speakers. We didn’t care about nav, and the 7” unit still does CarPlay. Decided I could better use that money on the tow group.

Sponsored

Jenny-van

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I couldn't find any photos that anyone has comparing the two systems. Do you have any?
One thing I learned AFTER the Jeep was built… 8.4” screen gets you an auto-dimming rear mirror. 7” is relegated to flipping the lever.
8.4” has off road pages but most info is included in the gauge cluster if you want to see it.
In terms of audio quality, i was under the impression it depended solely on whether you get the upgraded speakers, but maybe I’m wrong.

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
I don't have aftermarket doors. I suppose if you wanted or prioritized half door, I would go OEM.
half doors are a priority for me, in fact I might immediately try to sell my full doors lol. But I could be convinced that after market is the better way to go. I just haven't seen anyone post about any after market half doors that are comparable or better than OEM.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
For a 2-door I’d get the half doors. I don’t think there is a comparable aftermarket option. I had the 7 inch on my sport S and i kept it in my rubicon. Just don’t miss the larger screen. I never lock my doors so i didn’t get remote proximity.

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Last I looked you can't get the 8.4 on sport s anymore....
Sponsored