OP
Nole_Dynasty

Nole_Dynasty

First Name
Seminole
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The intake is not installed at the factory. The sticker does not say "Factory Installed". It is installed by a vehicle processor as part of a pre-delivery inspection prior to the vehicle being transported to the dealership. They do not cut into the hood. I know someone who does this for a living. He installs optional accessories (that don't require any type of cutting to the body) and inspects/repairs damage prior to transport.

The OP will need to ask the dealership if they will cut the hood and install the vent.
Got it, makes sense. Doubt the dealer is going to do that but will make the ask if I move forward with the vehicle.

Zyaal8r

First Name
zyaal8r
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
So that answers the question on how these come with the $525 option. The lid and intermediate pipe are very easy to install. Your essentially paying $200 for a 15 min job.
I just purchased the kit from the dealer, however I’m hesitant to install the vent due to the warning on the box. Why would it have this crazy warning If they are being sold And installed as a factory option?

EDE142E8-7E31-436B-93E0-89B06CD81E18.jpeg

BrntWS6

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I just purchased the kit from the dealer, however I’m hesitant to install the vent due to the warning on the box. Why would it have this crazy warning If they are being sold And installed as a factory option?

EDE142E8-7E31-436B-93E0-89B06CD81E18.jpeg
Instructions also say this.....
Screenshot_20200620-192243_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
Sorry to resurrect the dead here, but is there a consensus on if it's necessary to so the hood cut out? Or can you still benefit from the system without doing the cut out?

Advertisement

Tazer JL - Z Automotive

Advertisement