Factory Mopar 2" lift and running 37" tires on a Rubicon

Nghteyes

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Unlimited
I just went out and put a straight edge across the top of the soft top on its highest point and then dropped a tape measure from there to the ground and I measured out at 79” to the ground. Strange you say your Jk is the same measurement with a 2” lift and 35’s... If you still have 6” of clearance before you hit anything you will be fine. you will not come close to that with this set up.
Thank you very much for doing that. I greatly appreciate it. Could I ask what kind and size 37s you put on?

Thank you
Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
No problem..... they are Nitto Ridge Grapplers. 37x12.50x17

utefan

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2016 JKU 75th Anniversary, 1996 XJ
Pics as requested. My driveway is a slope if the side picture looks wierd. Camera doesn't pick that up well.
img_0094-jpg.jpg

img_0095-jpg.jpg

img_0098-jpg.jpg

d79a1caa-e6b4-48e4-99c5-b41d2b3962e9-jpeg.jpg
Love that Billet Silver..... I was torn between that and Firecracker Red, I gotta be honest--that silver is just awesome. Nice ride brother.

Happy Jeeping.

Cheers!

utefan

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2016 JKU 75th Anniversary, 1996 XJ
Just in case anyone is interested, I just got the 2" Mopar lift and love it. The lift increased my height by 2-7/8". No bowing...fingers crossed it stays that way. I have to say that the ride from this lift is incredible. No lift is as good as the factory ride, but the Mopar 2" lift is giving stock a run for its money. Jeep drives great, the only thing I have really noticed is edged bumps are a bit more jarring, but not much--I am being very picky.

If you are going to have a dealer do the install, make sure you look up book labor and bring it with you. It's sad, but some people are paying north of $800 in labor. You should be in the $300 - $450 range.

Good luck and Happy Jeeping.

Cheers!!!

Sponsored

BobK

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Semi-Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My Mopar lift kit will be here in a week and the very next weekend my son and I are going to do the install ourselves in the garage. I do not have a lift, but have four jack stands and a hydraulic jack, along with an impact wrench and all the hand tools necessary.

I'm concerned about two things. 1) will I be able to lift the Jeep to the right height with my jack to do this work and still work in my garage? I'm a bit concerned about the angle bracket in the center of a two car garage door interfering once the JLUR is lifted.

2) After watching this video I see them doing the install on a lift (I wish) and I see them lowering the axel to get the springs on. How did anyone without a lift perform that step. My assumption is to raise the Jeep to the right height, insert tall jack stand under frame, then move the jack to the center of the front axel? Is that correct and/or acceptable? If you've installed this lift, how high did you have to raise the Jeep up to use the jack stands and still have room after the tires are off to droop the axel to get the springs off?

Thanks in advance.

Bob

Last edited:

Csward12

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
Occupation
Law Enforcement
My Mopar lift kit will be here in a week and the very next weekend my son and I are going to do the install ourselves in the garage. I do not have a lift, but have four jack stands and a hydraulic jack, along with an impact wrench and all the hand tools necessary.

I'm concerned about two things. 1) will I be able to lift the Jeep to the right height with my jack to do this work and still work in my garage? I'm a bit concerned about the angle bracket in the center of a two car garage door interfering once the JLUR is lifted.

2) After watching this video I see them doing the install on a lift (I wish) and I see them lowering the axel to get the springs on. How did anyone without a lift perform that step. My assumption is to raise the Jeep to the right height, insert tall jack stand under frame, then move the jack to the center of the front axel? Is that correct and/or acceptable? If you've installed this lift, how high did you have to raise the Jeep up to use the jack stands and still have room after the tires are off to droop the axel to get the springs off?

Thanks in advance.

Bob
I went up 3 notches on my 6 ton jack stands

MOKE

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 F-150, 2018 JLU
Occupation
Business Development
37 NITTO's w/ 2 inch and no issues.

JLGuyFTLD

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Occupation
Jeep Marketing
I just got my Mopar 2" installed today on my JLUR. Running 37X12.50/R17 Cooper SST PRO tires on the factory rims. I ended up adding on 1 3/4 inch spacers from Spidertrax and the Rough Country rear tire bracket. No clearance issues at full lock or anything. Actually not even close. It has been rainy like crazy but once that slows down I will try and get some pictures and a good flex shot to test how that works out. As far as gains, at the fenders it shows an increase of 4.5 inches.
POST a pic! sounds AWESOME!

Sponsored

jsingh13

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS300, 2021 White JLUR 3.6
Anyone having radial pull or sway on the highways with their Nitto 37's? Debating between those and Pro Comp MT2 as a Jeep shop near me said Nitto's cause radial pull. I want to be able to drive with one hand comfortably without having to worry about it swaying into another lane lol
Sponsored