Factory Mopar 2" lift and running 37" tires on a Rubicon

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I have the hardtop but I should still be OK with same set up but the hard top right ?
Sponsored

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I have the hardtop but I should still be OK with same set up but the hard top right ?
Yes as the hard top is slimmer up top than the soft top so you should clear fine. What is the entrance of your garage measure out to?

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Looks like garage floor to opening on top is 82 in I should clear with the setup you got right ?

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
with a hard top and 82" to clear the opening to get into the garage, I would say yes, you are fine. You will probably have 4-5" of clearance

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Cool thanks I remember when I had my F250 12 inch lift 40 inch tires I had to special make the garage 9 foot garage doors when I was building my home LOL

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
How do you like the way it rides with 37's

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I only had 200 miles on when I made the change so there wasn't a lot of time behind the wheel as stock, so maybe that wasn't enough time to get used to stock ride to really be able to comment but With that said it drives great considering the Nitto's are not the lightest tire out there. I was very skeptical of all the rave reviews of 37" with the JL, but I can add to it now and say it really does drive great. Its not going to win any races but its not a dog like the JK was. It is much improved in just about everything. I love it.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I test drove one with 37 toyo's let me tell you I floored it gets up and goes it's not slow that transmission is geared low and the 410 gears it gets up and goes. It surprises everyone that rides in it or drives one. I am finalizing my build sheet I just don't know what to do on cloth or leather. I've had both my JK has cloth now leather gets hot and cold but if you spill something on cloth it soaks in faster. Where leather you can wipe it off. That letter just makes that red Dash and black leather look expensive

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
My JLUR just arrived at the dealers...now time to build!!! Hopefully be flying out by the end of next week to pick it up....then I’ll have 3 weeks with it before I head to Costa Rica while Engo outfits it with the Winch, LEDS and rock lights!!! Things just got real!!! Ordered on 2/5

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
I am not much of a fan of the leather used for the wrangler for many reasons, so I have premium black cloth and love it. I think it looks perfect. If you have cloth, to help with those stains get some Detrapel
file.jpg

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
You ordered yours March 5th and got it already that's got to be a first that's fast not too many people got there that fast

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
You ordered yours March 5th and got it already that's got to be a first that's fast not too many people got there that fast
2/5.....47 days

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
right at 7 weeks thats good. they are telling me about 6 to 8 weeks

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I gained 3" from the mopar. I think with the highline fenders you could run 37s and maybe barely touch. Here is mine with 35s. Tons of room, we need someone on here to flex it with 37s. I think member mbuck has 2" with 37s...

IMG_0745.JPG.jpeg
H
FB_IMG_1520229713041.jpg
eck they are running 37s here with no lift because they took off the bottom part of the factory fender where the turn signals come off with it as you can see in this photo. They put it on the flex trailer the show last month as TMS and it didn't hit in the front i saw it first hand and saw there score

FB_IMG_1520207558873.jpg

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Pics as requested. My driveway is a slope if the side picture looks wierd. Camera doesn't pick that up well.
img_0094-jpg.jpg

img_0095-jpg.jpg

img_0098-jpg.jpg

d79a1caa-e6b4-48e4-99c5-b41d2b3962e9-jpeg.jpg
is that the trail grappler or ridge grappler ? i had the trail grappler along time ago when i had my truck and they were so loud i took them back and got the Toyo MT open country.. You say they are not loud ? I really want the mud look and would like to get the quietest mud tire that i can. everyone i see on here is all going to the cooper stt pro. what do you think about that tire ? they say its really a quiet tire
Sponsored