Sponsored

Factory LED Package DRL/Turn Signals- AWOL Part Numbers - Fighting with Dealership

Mickgolf00

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Here are the P/N's for the LED fender lights--
Passenger side: 55112884AD
Driver Side: 55112885AD

Also looks like you might need a new wiring harness too--
"SOCKET AND WIRING, Turn Signal Lamp": 68315806AA
"SOCKET AND WIRING": 68315806AB

Not sure what the difference between the two harnesses...hopefully this helps you
My setup is below purchased from the JL forum Marketplace from takeoffs:
Passenger Side: 55112884AE
Driver Side: 55112885AD

Ordered the harness PN given above and they do not match up with the potential exception of the (2) wire marker light harness.
I tried to match up the connectors from the wiring diagrams and they don't appear to match the LED wiring. One of the three connectors appears to be the socket for a halogen bulb.
I attached pictures of both the harness plugs and the assembly plugs as best I could. I'd like to break the code on this without having to splice. Anyone have any thoughts?

harness1.jpg

harness2.jpg

harness plug1.jpg

back harness plug1.jpg

harness plug2.jpg

back harness plug2.jpg

harness sm plug.jpg

LED assy.jpg

assy sm plug.jpg

assy lg plug.jpg
Sponsored

Jcarrig3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
You have run into the same problem I have. The wiring harness you received is for the halogen bulbs. The wire harness for the LED Turns/DRLs comes with the lamp assembly and so far nobody outside Jeep manufacturing knows what the part number is for that wire set up or where to buy it. I have resigned myself to the idea that I will probably need to make my own wire harness. I have some Molex connectors coming tonight. I should know later if I ordered the right size. I will let you know what I find out.

Mickgolf00

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
You have run into the same problem I have. The wiring harness you received is for the halogen bulbs. The wire harness for the LED Turns/DRLs comes with the lamp assembly and so far nobody outside Jeep manufacturing knows what the part number is for that wire set up or where to buy it. I have resigned myself to the idea that I will probably need to make my own wire harness. I have some Molex connectors coming tonight. I should know later if I ordered the right size. I will let you know what I find out.
That would be great. I’m not ready to give up yet. Hoping someone comes through with the OEM but I’d take making my own as well. Let me know if you need an assist! Appreciate the feedback.
Side note. I see that the main LED connector going into the assembly is a small white connector the plugs into a board that I assume controls the LED.

Jcarrig3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
That would be great. I’m not ready to give up yet. Hoping someone comes through with the OEM but I’d take making my own as well. Let me know if you need an assist! Appreciate the feedback.
Side note. I see that the main LED connector going into the assembly is a small white connector the plugs into a board that I assume controls the LED.
Yep that is the piece!

20181217_123414.jpg

Sponsored

Jcarrig3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
Here is what the end of the actual harness should look like. And just for good measure a photo of what I think is a partial part number for the OEM harness. (MOPAR uses 8 digits and 2 letters for their parts.)
20181217_123013.jpg
20181217_123303.jpg
20181217_123332.jpg

Jcarrig3

First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLUR
I received the parts I ordered and confirmed that the white connector piece will fit. Now I just need to make sure the black connector is correct, but that will have to wait until I take my fender apart. I also need to find the wire terminals either locally or online. At this point though it looks like I am well on my way to making my own wire harness.

Mickgolf00

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Wow! Great news! Sounds like you’re in your way. Im working the OEM angle and will update if I receive anything positive. Thanks for the update!

Jeepbro12

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sport s
I have a 2018 sport s I acquired the rubicon front and rear bumper and put those on then I got the rubicon high fender flares from quadratec. Went to put them on today they lit up started to work then when it cycled they began to hyper flash then shut off completely. I called the dealer he suggested a resistor can someone please help me if they have done the upgrade from the halogen sport flares to the rubicon led

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I have a 2018 sport s I acquired the rubicon front and rear bumper and put those on then I got the rubicon high fender flares from quadratec. Went to put them on today they lit up started to work then when it cycled they began to hyper flash then shut off completely. I called the dealer he suggested a resistor can someone please help me if they have done the upgrade from the halogen sport flares to the rubicon led
The dealership suggested a resistor? That's ridiculous. It needs to be programmed.

Sponsored