Sponsored

Factory LED Package DRL/Turn Signals- AWOL Part Numbers - Fighting with Dealership

SilverSahara

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
What a surprise, a dealership is being a POS. I bought a JL Sahara back in the first week of April and knew exactly what we wanted, a silver Sahara with all the options. After the dealership "found" the exact Jeep we wanted, and after we filled out paperwork and cut a check, all of a sudden it wasn't available... typical dealership BS... Rairdon's of Kirkland, WA if anyone cares. They did however have one on the lot that had everything except the LED package and Headliner (both of which are options we paid for) so after I called them on it, they agreed to order and install the LED package as soon as it became available, which we were told was the end of April.
Fast forward 6 weeks, after multiple follow-ups, the parts guy says he can order the headlights and fog lights, I asked about the side markers and turn signals.. crickets... Guy had no clue what I was talking about and couldn't find anything on them, problem is, neither can I. Nothing online or any parts catalog (Guide Book included) I could find has any info on the LED package DRL's/Turn signals, just heads and fogs. So, what do jeep guys do with a problem like this, turn to other jeep guys. Has anyone seen any part numbers or has Jeep forgotten about 1/3 of their LED package? Still haven't heard anything on the headliner either but one battle at a time.
Sponsored

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I could be wrong, but I thought for the LED sidemarkers/turn signals it would require a fender swap.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Here are the P/N's for the LED fender lights--
Passenger side: 55112884AD
Driver Side: 55112885AD

Also looks like you might need a new wiring harness too--
"SOCKET AND WIRING, Turn Signal Lamp": 68315806AA
"SOCKET AND WIRING": 68315806AB

Not sure what the difference between the two harnesses...hopefully this helps you

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
You should just get them to install the available Rubicon fender flares, they come with LED lights.

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
You should just get them to install the available Rubicon fender flares, they come with LED lights.
Not a bad idea but you would still need the wiring harness for DRL - if you have Sport trim like me.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
Not a bad idea but you would still need the wiring harness for DRL - if you have Sport trim like me.
It would be strange if it doesn't include that. Have these started shipping yet to see how they bolt up?

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
It would be strange if it doesn't include that. Have these started shipping yet to see how they bolt up?
I installed take off LED headlights and I currently do not get the Halo. The LEDs are expecting 4 wires but my connection is only feeding them 3. I think the same goes for the turn signals. I am not sure if there is a harness that would add the additional wire or how/where the harness and/or the extra wire would connect to the jeep.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Service
I can't think of a reason that the LED turn signals would be wired up any differently than the halogens, unless it has to do with the DRL's and using a common line for the LED or something.

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Here are the P/N's for the LED fender lights--
Passenger side: 55112884AD
Driver Side: 55112885AD

Also looks like you might need a new wiring harness too--
"SOCKET AND WIRING, Turn Signal Lamp": 68315806AA
"SOCKET AND WIRING": 68315806AB

Not sure what the difference between the two harnesses...hopefully this helps you
Hey Nathan,

Where did you find these part numbers?

Thanks,

Dennis

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Side note- the halos are also an option on the touchscreen under lighting. If you don’t see them lighting up, there might be a need for a reflash or simply turning that option on.

Sponsored

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
Side note- the halos are also an option on the touchscreen under lighting. If you don’t see them lighting up, there might be a need for a reflash or simply turning that option on.
Definitely a possibility. Looking at the halogen headlights they have a male connector with 3 out of 6 pins present. I think that the LED headlights had a male connector with 4 out of 6 pins present. I will pull one of the lights this weekend to confirm.

I have Sport S trim. I think the Sahara and Rubicon trims have 4 wires going to the headlights and turn signals and that the Sport trims only have 3.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
Hey Nathan,

Where did you find these part numbers?

Thanks,

Dennis
I work in the service department at a Jeep dealer and have access to almost anything. I ran my vin (I have the LED package from factory) and that’s what it gave me for part numbers.

jebjkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
There is no LED package available after purchase. You can separately purchase ALL the parts that come in the LED package for a lot of money. Tricky dealer words saying they will get the LED package as soon as it is available since there will not be a LED package for anything other than during the build.

You can buy the LED headlights and fog lights individually as accessories, but all other parts would have to be purchased as parts and they will not come up as "available" for your VIN [since you did not get the LED package].

The high fenders [Rubicon style] are available as an accessory and they will come with separate DRL and turn signals, but I am not sure about whether they are LED. The Rubicon gets DRL's separate from the turn signals regardless of the LED package, but with the LED package they are LED vice incandescent lights. I am not sure what the high line fenders come with. The design of the DRL/turn signal housing is different on halogen vs LED Rubicons.

A Tazer JL will allow you to program the DRL, headlights, turn signals, etc so you do not have go to the dealership for that service.

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
I work in the service department at a Jeep dealer and have access to almost anything. I ran my vin (I have the LED package from factory) and that’s what it gave me for part numbers.
Thanks Nathan!

Can you provide the parts for headlights and taillights too? I'm most interested in the wiring parts.

Thanks,

Dennis

pichenet

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport S
There is no LED package available after purchase. You can separately purchase ALL the parts that come in the LED package for a lot of money. Tricky dealer words saying they will get the LED package as soon as it is available since there will not be a LED package for anything other than during the build.

You can buy the LED headlights and fog lights individually as accessories, but all other parts would have to be purchased as parts and they will not come up as "available" for your VIN [since you did not get the LED package].

The high fenders [Rubicon style] are available as an accessory and they will come with separate DRL and turn signals, but I am not sure about whether they are LED. The Rubicon gets DRL's separate from the turn signals regardless of the LED package, but with the LED package they are LED vice incandescent lights. I am not sure what the high line fenders come with. The design of the DRL/turn signal housing is different on halogen vs LED Rubicons.

A Tazer JL will allow you to program the DRL, headlights, turn signals, etc so you do not have go to the dealership for that service.
The LED headlight package lists a wiring harness and upgrading your factory halogens.

I've done ok so far cost wise on the headlights and fogs (take offs). Patience is the key. For example, once there are some good aftermarket fenders available there will be take off fenders with LED avail. The tail lights might be a bit more difficult.

Wiring is most interesting for me right now as I don't think the tazor will help without the 4rth wires. The Tazor guys have been reviewing wiring diagrams and have yet to come back and say they can do it (on sport trim). I haven't heard of anyone getting halos working on sport trim yet.
Sponsored