Factory installed AUX switches have no power

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I have a 19 JLUR with the Factory AUX switch option. I have a set of lights connected to AUX 1 in the engine bay. Tonight I tried connecting a set of lights to Aux 4 in the passenger footwell and it turns out that none of the wires on the inside have any power(including the ‘direct to battery’ wire). I searched the forum and all the threads have been about people who installed the AUX button kit. I checked all the fuses, and they aren’t blown and have power when I hit the button on the dash. Any tips for a JL with the factory wiring without having to go to the dealer?

thanks!

edit: added line about the fuses.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I have a 19 JLUR with the Factory AUX switch option. I have a set of lights connected to AUX 1 in the engine bay. Tonight I tried connecting a set of lights to Aux 4 in the passenger footwell and it turns out that none of the wires on the inside have any power(including the ‘direct to battery’ wire). I searched the forum and all the threads have been about people who installed the AUX button kit. I checked all the fuses, and they aren’t blown and have power when I hit the button on the dash. Any tips for a JL with the factory wiring without having to go to the dealer?

thanks!

edit: added line about the fuses.
@niJL

Read here:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/lost-power-on-aux-switch-thoughts.43293/#post-955500

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/aux-switch-panel-loss-of-all-power.56986/

OP
OP
niJL

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Thanks,
I’ll give that a try tonight when it’s cools down and report back! Can’t believe I missed those posts in my search, I must be getting rusty. :whew:

OP
OP
niJL

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Looking at that TSB, it looks like it solve the issue of the switch bank not having any power, therefore not working. My switches work and provide power to the wires in the engine bay, just not in the footwell. Do you think this is still applicable?
@niJL

I have followed this forum very closely for well over 2 yrs.. I don't recall anyone else posting that Aux's in engine compartment worked and the Aux's in the passenger foot well did not work or vice versa.

Whether the TSB will cure your issue, I do not know. I have heard/read here, that doing what is required to complete the TSB is easy to do... supposedly.

With that said, I'd give it a try... ya never know.

?.....have you been pushing wires, a wire hangar or anything thru the grommet on the passenger side of your JL.. ?

Sponsored

OP
OP
niJL

niJL

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
@Rhinebeck01

I haven't run any wires through the passenger side grommet. This was the first time I did anything in that footwell besides unplug my door harness. I did run wires for my ARB compressor past that grommet, but didn't use anything sharp. I just dropped the wires down from the engine bay down to the passenger side frame rail and over to the grommet under the middle rear seat.

I'll still give the TSB a try since taking the dash apart is pretty easy. I'll report back here once I complete the TSB.

Thanks!

USMCHercPilot

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
@Rhinebeck01

I haven't run any wires through the passenger side grommet. This was the first time I did anything in that footwell besides unplug my door harness. I did run wires for my ARB compressor past that grommet, but didn't use anything sharp. I just dropped the wires down from the engine bay down to the passenger side frame rail and over to the grommet under the middle rear seat.

I'll still give the TSB a try since taking the dash apart is pretty easy. I'll report back here once I complete the TSB.

Thanks!
Any update on the fix? I have the exact same problem. New 2021 Rubicon with factory Aux switches. I installed rock lights and used the engine bay Aux 4 and it worked great. I then installed a GMRS radio in the interior using the pass side bundle hot battery wire. That worked no problem. I then tried to use the switched wire to power another item and it has no power. I then got the multimeter out and none of the interior aux wires have power other than the hot battery wire. Checked the F50 fuse which is supposed to be the fuse for the ignition on wire. And it is good. I then pulled it and with the engine running tested the fuse input and still no power. Could it be maybe a relay problem? I’m about to give up and let the dealer mess with it! Thanks!

ALRUI

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2003 F150 S-Crew FX4, Others
What did you come up with?
Sponsored