First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Metal Fabricator & Stuff
I'm still trying to figure out why my factory installed Aux Switches don't have any juice. The switch indicator lights come on and the switches are configurable in UConnect, but there is no power at the wire stubs. Does anyone know where the factory installed Aux Switch relays and fuses are? The factory main fuse box has spots for relays at "HD ACCY" relays 1, 2, 3, & 4, but no relays are present in the associated spots. From the videos I've seen and every thread I've read here in regards to the Aux Switches, the relays are supposed to be over by the brake booster. Alas, they are not there. Anyone else with factory installed Aux Switches have relays in K17, 18, 20, & 21? I sure don't.

Thanks for any info you might have. I've already read all other Aux Switch related threads to no avail.

Regards,
Ethan
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ethan

Ethan

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Metal Fabricator & Stuff
Ethan,
I went to the garage to check for you. My JLR has the factory aux switch package and the fuse block has fuses and relays in the labeled spots for aux 1 through 4, including K17, 18, 20, and 21. I'm using aux 1 and 3 without any issues, it sounds as if you're missing the relays.
Good luck sorting this out.
Randy
Randy,

That's a huge help! Thanks! I've been mulling this over for a couple of weeks and now I know! I'll swap a relay in from somewhere else and give it a go. Then I'll call the dealer and make 'em send me the relays.

Much appreciated!

-Ethan

GWM4Tennis

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Randy,

That's a huge help! Thanks! I've been mulling this over for a couple of weeks and now I know! I'll swap a relay in from somewhere else and give it a go. Then I'll call the dealer and make 'em send me the relays.

Much appreciated!

-Ethan
I am having the same issue, did you get the relays and did it fix the problem?

OP
OP
Ethan

Ethan

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Metal Fabricator & Stuff
I finally brought the Jeep to the dealer and they had to replace the PDC (Power Distribution Center, AKA: fuse box). The factory installed PDC had no lugs soldered to the main circuit board for the factory installed Aux Switches and Trailer Plug.... So, it's resolved some 2.5 years later.

OP
OP
Ethan

Ethan

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Metal Fabricator & Stuff
I am having the same issue, did you get the relays and did it fix the problem?
Sorry for the 1 year delay on response... LOL! Anyway, yes, they just fixed it. Had to replace the PDC (fuse box).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ethan

Ethan

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Metal Fabricator & Stuff
If I may ask, what did that cost?
It was covered under warranty. The Aux Switches and Tow Package were factory installed options. The factory installed the wrong PDC so the options never worked from day one. I just ignored it until I had to bring the Jeep tot the dealer for other things. Namely paint bubbling... which they're giving me the runaround about.