Factory Hardtop fitting over Bestop Trektop

mber24

First Name
Mara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Hey everyone, not sure if I'm posting in the right place. But I'm looking to buy a hardtop from someone this weekend and am currently running a Bestop Trektop and I was wondering if anyone knows if the hard top can be installed over the soft top. It's a 3 hour drive to pick it up and it's freezing here so travelling without any top and installing the hard top when I pick it up is out of the question
Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Hey everyone, not sure if I'm posting in the right place. But I'm looking to buy a hardtop from someone this weekend and am currently running a Bestop Trektop and I was wondering if anyone knows if the hard top can be installed over the soft top. It's a 3 hour drive to pick it up and it's freezing here so travelling without any top and installing the hard top when I pick it up is out of the question
No, you have to disassemble the trektop completely.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
To follow up on what @Arterius2 posted.

Removing the Bestop Trektop is really quick and easy. Just remove the 10 bolts holding the door surrounds on to the roll bar and the entire top comes off in one piece and easily folds into an area that will fit in the back of a JLU with the seats folded down. the rear corner pieces are a quick removal as well.

OP
OP
mber24

mber24

First Name
Mara
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
To follow up on what @Arterius2 posted.

Removing the Bestop Trektop is really quick and easy. Just remove the 10 bolts holding the door surrounds on to the roll bar and the entire top comes off in one piece and easily folds into an area that will fit in the back of a JLU with the seats folded down. the rear corner pieces are a quick removal as well.
Thanks for the info! I didn't install it myself so I had no clue how hard it was or if I want to disassemble it in the cold lol. I might just rent a trailer. Thanks for the help :)

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info! I didn't install it myself so I had no clue how hard it was or if I want to disassemble it in the cold lol. I might just rent a trailer. Thanks for the help :)
Depends on how cold it is I guess. It will take 15 minutes if you take your time, and much quicker if you have a buddy working on the other side of the top.
Sponsored