Sponsored

LeJerk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
It's sad that they're still making cars with garbage halogen headlights.
Sponsored

Rustycoins26

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Has anyone done this recently?!? All dealerships I’ve talked to said there is no sales code for 2021 and up. They said they can’t flash the system to tell the jeep that I have LEDs. I have a 2021 Sport S with the forth wire and found a set of take off LEDs for 500 dollars.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone done this recently?!? All dealerships I’ve talked to said there is no sales code for 2021 and up. They said they can’t flash the system to tell the jeep that I have LEDs. I have a 2021 Sport S with the forth wire and found a set of take off LEDs for 500 dollars.
Should consider going with a programmer like Tazer Mini or JScan. Do it yourself and not worry about paying dealer. I did a complete LED conversion (headlights, DRLs, Fogs, Taillights) on my new 22 and used tazer for all programming 👍🏻

Rustycoins26

First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Should consider going with a programmer like Tazer Mini or JScan. Do it yourself and not worry about paying dealer. I did a complete LED conversion (headlights, DRLs, Fogs, Taillights) on my new 22 and used tazer for all programming 👍🏻
I have considered it but at that price point I’d rather just go with diode dynamics elite series for the headlights.

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have considered it but at that price point I’d rather just go with diode dynamics elite series for the headlights.
I’ve never used but from I read the JScan route is less than what dealer would charge 🤷‍♂️

Sponsored

Om4r

First Name
Omar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S EcoDiesel
great write up! thanks for sharing. I was actually seriously contemplating doing the exact opposite as you. My 2020 Sport S came with LED headlights/fog lights and I quickly learned after my first snow storm with my jeep that they suck in a snow storm. LED doesn't produce any heat to melt off snow and because of the design of the recessed headlights, the snow just packs in and covers the headlight completely. same with the fog lights.
Ended up buying some Diode Dynamics SS3 PRO series to replace the fog lights. I'd loose my headlights but with the fog lights I would still have visibility. worked as planned! the DD produce enough heat to melt away any snow build up. Super bright too for the hot summer nights!

Mel-T

First Name
Mel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I'm selling a set of my halogen headlights if you're interested.

MyDaughters20JL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JL Sport S
piece by piece, I've upgraded my daughter's '21 Sport S to "mostly" led's, and strangely enough, even with never having anything flashed, have never had any issues with warning lights/dash messages and everything works as it should.

When I upgraded her fenders to the high clearance rubicon fenders (also added the XR extensions), she opted for the halogen version, even though they were the same as the LED option. her reasoning was that she felt we had pushed our luck with all the LED upgrades & NOT having to flash/change anything, why push it....it's her jeep, I'm not going to argue with what she wants.

Headlights upgraded to these:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07N1B396Z/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Jeep Wrangler JL Factory Halogen to OEM LED Headlights Swap - What I Learned IMG_0420

Tail lights upgraded to these:
https://winjetinc.com/products/2018...ightbars-sequential-turn-signals-black-smoke/

Fog lights upgraded to these (due to her bumper, she has 2 sets of these in her front bumper):
https://www.diodedynamics.com/stage-series-3-sae-yellow-sport-led-pod-pair.html

Jeep Wrangler JL Factory Halogen to OEM LED Headlights Swap - What I Learned IMG_0532

Last edited:

JLR SPT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR
Hey all just installed Mopar LED's and had some gremlins initially and wanted to share. I just completed a Mopar LED fender & headlight install in my 2018 JLR. Same input as what I've read....time consuming and tight spaces during install. The gremlins were as follows: Driver tail light stopped all functions, aux brake light stopped functioning, power door locks stopped functioning, and got various errors over few days of driving. "turn signals not working" "Taillights not working". Passenger tail and brake worked normally but others were completely dead. The key fob would flash some of the lights but no mechanical action on any of the locks. I went back inside passenger footwell and rechecked my wiring for halos (it was correct) & carefully reseated all the BCM plugs. Happy to report ALL gremlins are gone and all non-working functions resumed normal operation. I suspect that I did not fully/correctly seat the plug that got the halo wires. Seems obvious now that it was one of the 4 plugs that got unplugged but that top left plug is most difficult to reach. I have dealer appt to add LPX code $249 to get halos working. I hope this might helps others as I was pretty concerned about gremlins but turned out to be simple fix. Lights looks awesome and throw a strong crisp white line....should have done this 4 years ago ;-) Cheers

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all just installed Mopar LED's and had some gremlins initially and wanted to share. I just completed a Mopar LED fender & headlight install in my 2018 JLR. Same input as what I've read....time consuming and tight spaces during install. The gremlins were as follows: Driver tail light stopped all functions, aux brake light stopped functioning, power door locks stopped functioning, and got various errors over few days of driving. "turn signals not working" "Taillights not working". Passenger tail and brake worked normally but others were completely dead. The key fob would flash some of the lights but no mechanical action on any of the locks. I went back inside passenger footwell and rechecked my wiring for halos (it was correct) & carefully reseated all the BCM plugs. Happy to report ALL gremlins are gone and all non-working functions resumed normal operation. I suspect that I did not fully/correctly seat the plug that got the halo wires. Seems obvious now that it was one of the 4 plugs that got unplugged but that top left plug is most difficult to reach. I have dealer appt to add LPX code $249 to get halos working. I hope this might helps others as I was pretty concerned about gremlins but turned out to be simple fix. Lights looks awesome and throw a strong crisp white line....should have done this 4 years ago ;-) Cheers
If you have converted all LEDs I would consider a programmer (Tazer JL) like I stated above. The code for headlight halos only covers the halos. Surprised you are not having issues with the DRLs in the flare, they are usually the most finicky.
Sponsored