Sponsored

Factory halogen fog lights vs 20" LED light bar.

GlitteryPonies

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport S
So I am looking to replace my plastic bumper with a metal bumper. At first I was looking for a bumper that will keep my factory halogen fog lights (I use them all the time at night) but like some of the designs that use a 20" light bar (go rhino for example). If I make the change over to a light bar, is that something I can run at night all the time like I do my factories? Do they flood too much and cause oncoming traffic to be blinded? Is there a company that makes a light bar the same color as the factory halogen headlights so I don't have 2 different color lights up front? I tried to search for this and came up blank.
Sponsored

BigJimSlade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Every light bar I've seen throws way too much light to be used on the road. I've never seen one that has a distinct cutoff. (I've only seen cheap bars, mind you. Maybe some of the high dollar stuff is different.) They're great in the boonies and off road, though.

Diesel550

First Name
Addam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
I put a Rigid 20" on my hood a few weeks ago. While I do run it on paved roads, I immediately turn it off if I see the lights from approaching traffic.

20181230_151247.jpg

InspiredEngineering

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL, 2013 JKU on 60's, 1997 TJ on D60s
While a 20" LED bar would be much brighter than the stock headlights, it would be too much for street use. And illegal in every state. If you live in a very rural area or dont see others on the road too often you should be fine, but running it whilst other drivers are around is asking for trouble.