Factory half doors (dual door group)

Rubi Bluez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Hydra Blue Rubicon Unlimited 392
Occupation
Fed at USG
So foolishly I didn't know about/ ordered the factory half door (dual door group) when I got my 392. I asked the dealers parts department about ordering the kit following my purchase, and they're claiming that the package can't be ordered. Has anyone else heard of this? I'd love to have those painted half doors for the warm weather...
Sponsored

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Unfortunately, they’re telling the truth. You can order every part individually and assemble/paint yourself, but it’s much more cost effective to wait for someone to put some up for sale and repaint if they’re not your color.

I bought mine in hydro blue across the country and repainted Sarge Green because I made the same mistake!

OP
OP

Rubi Bluez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fed at USG
Unfortunately, they’re telling the truth. You can order every part individually and assemble/paint yourself, but it’s much more cost effective to wait for someone to put some up for sale and repaint if they’re not your color.

I bought mine in hydro blue across the country and repainted Sarge Green because I made the same mistake!
Mine is Hydra blue! Bummer. Why would anyone get rid of those?!!!

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Most likely bought a dealer stock JL that came with them and they didn't want them
Or they ordered them and decided they weren't going to use them enough to justify the price.
Many people flip them for a profit.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Most likely bought a dealer stock JL that came with them and they didn't want them
Or they ordered them and decided they weren't going to use them enough to justify the price.
It was actually a forum member that parted with his Jeep and held onto the half doors to resell himself.

The dealer wasn’t going to give him anything for them as it seems it’s only a small percentage of us overall that want them and are willing to pay.

Sponsored

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
There is a bit of profit flipping happening right now on half doors. However I won't complain because it is the only way those doors are getting to those who want them. I got lucky and pounced on a set about an hour away from me. After paint and adjustment I love them.

Rob97RR

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392 XR Rubi, 2023 C8 Corvette Z06 & 2023 Ducati
Occupation
Stay at home dad to 2 munchkins, best job in the world!
I actually did both! 😄 I ordered them with my original 2021 392, but eventually sold them (separately) because the buyer I sold that Jeep to didn't want them. Then the 2022 XR I ended up replacing it with already had them when it showed up for sale at the dealership. I debated keeping them, but decided to sell them to offset the sales tax I had to pay for the new 2022.

To the OP: Keep your eyes on the Facebook 392 groups & the Facebook Marketplace, I see them pop up for sale on them from time to time.

Best of luck and congrats on the new ride!

-Rob

PandaJL

First Name
Aly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Wrangler
Yep they are telling the truth. I looked at this when a dealer lot had a config I lied, except no half doors. I spent forever calling around trying to find a way to make it work - but it is true that you just have to get all the parts, assemble them, and arrange painting. Likely for much more than just ordering them when you buy. That’s why I opted to custom order my jeep (and still await it)

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Been looking for white with proximity locks for over a year. Pounced on a set 12 hours away in TN.
With what they were going for, buying another color and painting them was not cost effective for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL Factory half doors (dual door group) IMG_1711.JPG

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
And now Hydro Blue is gone - will be even harder to find.

Sponsored

Jtaugner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURD / 03 Cobra
Build Thread
Link
You can buy aftermarket half doors, they just don't have the uppers.

OP
OP

Rubi Bluez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Fed at USG
Been looking for white with proximity locks for over a year. Pounced on a set 12 hours away in TN.
With what they were going for, buying another color and painting them was not cost effective for me.

Jeep Wrangler JL Factory half doors (dual door group) IMG_1711.JPG
Are those the Jeep accessory wheels?!!!! I was looking into those! Got any more pics?!

19 JLUR Bright Whit3

First Name
Zeke
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Stretched 2 door Rubi (LOL)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired Punisher
Vehicle Showcase
Are those the Jeep accessory wheels?!!!! I was looking into those! Got any more pics?!
Yes, they are the Mopar slotted Off-Road wheel.

Jeep Wrangler JL Factory half doors (dual door group) 81TllP1JWWL._AC_SX466_

Pretty when new, but I have wheeled them and they have rock rash. LOL

Jeep Wrangler JL Factory half doors (dual door group) IMG_1770.JPG

Jeep Wrangler JL Factory half doors (dual door group) IMG_1769.JPG

I'm swapping out for beadlocks in the next week or so. I'm not sure if I'm getting new tires yet, but these rims are yours if you come up and get them. PM for an insane deal. I'll probably list them in the member marketplace in the next week or so.
Sponsored