First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
Living in a very wet part of the world, the uppers were an important reason why the factory doors were so appealing to me. Seeing the structure of the upper and the gaskets, etc, is really encouraging! Sure, the split widow isn't the best, but I'd really only be using the uppers during mixed weather days/seasons. Now if Mopar will hurry up and release them as accessories, I can try to convince my wife that I need them.
Sponsored

drshaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 6MT, 2015 Ody
I think it's interesting they shot the vid with hardtop vehicles. I'd think these might be more of a soft-top accessory, but I also haven't reviewed the order guide to see if you can/can't get these with a hard-top only.

clayps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep Wrangler Sport
So I assume the black screws that hold the hinge to the door are that way to allow customers to adjust initial alignment of the hinges upon first install? After installed you tighten them and that should be it? Seems kind of odd to me...

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
It's nice to have this option but 2 things:
- Pain to have to move the mirrors over. For $4300, they should include a pair of mirrors attached to the door.
- What about those who live in cold climates? What happens below 5C or 41F? Maybe this is just a cover your butt move. This is a screen shot from the end of the video.

Jeep Wrangler JL Factory Half Door Installation Video For JL / JLU / JT 1614370622143

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Pain to have to move the mirrors over. For $4300, they should include a pair of mirrors attached to the door.
How I interpreted the video is that the mirrors are included, but not attached to the door. I assumed for easier shipping.

If the plastic is like what I had in a TJ soft top, in cold temperatures it get stiff and can crack easily. Basically when it was cold you didn't want to mess with plastic windows. A friend had someone try to help him by hitting (I don't know how hard, but I had the impression was not that hard) the plastic to knock snow off one time and it cracked the plastic.

EDIT: btw.... $4,300?!?! That's crazy! I'm not questioning how much it might cost them to produce these doors and all that.. is that four doors? do 2 doors come in at half the cost? either way... I really loved my buddy's TJ with half doors in the summer. Much more than doorless for some reason, I think just having a place to rest my arm. But I'm not willing to pay that damn much for it. I would prefer a plastic black door if it meant a significant cost savings. How it is though, looks like I'll stay doorless for the foreseeable future

Sponsored

pnut

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 392 XR
How I interpreted the video is that the mirrors are included, but not attached to the door. I assumed for easier shipping.

EDIT: btw.... $4,300?!?! That's crazy! I
good point on the mirrors, maybe I am wrong.

Yeah $4300 is alot. I expect this will be a low take rate option, maybe I will be the only one on the trail with them :)

danzy55

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2003 Wranger TJ Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks but when will they release these half doors as accessories to the general market? I have a 2020 and am interested in buying.
I bet within a month you'll be able to order through Mopar/JPP

631_Islander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Unlimited Rubicon with 8 speed and 3.6L Pentastar without eTorque
I bet within a month you'll be able to order through Mopar/JPP
I asked my dealer about these just last week. He wasn’t even able to locate a part number yet. Hoping your prediction is true as I want these exact half doors with premium uppers for my summer build.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

Not pumped with the front double window. I understand why it’s like that for sealing the uppers better but it’s not to very clean looking. The bottoms look amazing though. I’d be interested in this option still though.

Sponsored

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
interessting, I did not know the upper part was half soft half ridgid with a lot of plastic etc. For some reason I had the image of the old CJ soft doors "metal frame" in mind but I guess with the plastic in everything now it makes sense but it seems a bit more bulky for storage in the back though.
"I did not know the upper part was half soft half rigid..." Perfect for all the 40+ year old Jeep owners on here...:facepalm:

BullMoose1776

First Name
Bull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Project Manager
So...you only have to install the mirrors THE FIRST TIME, RIGHT? Not EVERY time?

also, why the Hell did they make her wear a mask? C'mon. She's by her self.

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
I don’t really understand the point of half doors. Expensive, huge pain in the ass, and not getting much more openness than if you had just put your windows down. Just take the doors completely off and be done with it - Way easier, better looking, and more FUN!

daveprice7

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport 2DR, 2020 Willys 2DR
Occupation
Nerd
I don’t really understand the point of half doors. Expensive, huge pain in the ass, and not getting much more openness than if you had just put your windows down. Just take the doors completely off and be done with it - Way easier, better looking, and more FUN!
They are stupid expensive. But, doorless isn't always practical (varied weather), legal, or as safe. Expanding the window opening by 6 inches in both directions is not nothing, plus it becomes a much more comfortable arm rest height (and no window squeegee digging into your arm).

I really like the way they look, being the same height as the tailgate, but everyone will have their options about that. There are plenty of other things folks buy for their Jeep that are every bit as frivolous, right? At least half doors are a traditional Jeep style thing, compared to, say, angry grille or 24" rims.
Sponsored