Factory Fender Flares Stuck

19SilverRubicon

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 door Rubicon
The Factory Fender Flares are the worst design I have ever seen. Jeep was designed as an off road vehicle, and these JL Fender Flares collect small rocks between the metal body and plastic Flares. I had a JK for the last 7 years and never had this issue. I live up in the mountains of Colorado off a dirt road and this is crazy the amount of rocks that is collected. This issue should be addresses with Chrysler @JeepCares

I have added trim lock rubber hose between the body and Flares and it works okay, but I should not have to do this to a 40K off rock vehicle. Whats up Jeep?

I can't be the only one that is having this issue
Sponsored

Goheels050917

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU (SOLD - March 2021)
Occupation
SD-WAN Engineer - Technical Author
The Factory Fender Flares are the worst design I have ever seen. Jeep was designed as an off road vehicle, and these JL Fender Flares collect small rocks between the metal body and plastic Flares. I had a JK for the last 7 years and never had this issue. I live up in the mountains of Colorado off a dirt road and this is crazy the amount of rocks that is collected. This issue should be addresses with Chrysler @JeepCares

I have added trim lock rubber hose between the body and Flares and it works okay, but I should not have to do this to a 40K off rock vehicle. Whats up Jeep?

I can't be the only one that is having this issue
Im with ya. I hate having to dry my jeep in those spots after a wash. Basically you gotta fold the towel to get it in there.

RMojitoJL

First Name
Skyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon *Mojito*, 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Occupation
Loan Officer
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed not the best design considering small rocks etc as they get stuck. But the rubber trim seems to be a cheap fix, many have not had issues after the fact.
Lets face it, they aren't changing them at this point...

:jk:

Sponsored

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
I ordered the rubber tubing ahead of my JLUR’s arrival. This was one of first items I added when my JL arrived.

blessidsoul12

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 billet silver JLUR, 2019 chevy suburban
I haven't posted on this topic before, though I do have same issue.

But to make the rhetorical comment about whether or not you're the only one makes it appear as though you have missed the 48,641 other threads, posts, and hacks specifically about this topic...

It'd be like starting a thread about how there is snow building up on the headlights, a crazy loud cooling fan, funny clicking noise when turning left at slow speeds, or how you don't have off road pages...

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.
Im with ya. I hate having to dry my jeep in those spots after a wash. Basically you gotta fold the towel to get it in there.
Detailing tip: Use a leaf blower to dry hard to access spots.
I have been using one to dry my sports cars (especially Black cars) to reduce and prevent swirls.
Plenty of Youtube videos on the topic. :)
Cheers.
Sponsored