JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Went through my paperwork. Here it is. I paid exactly $1,780.
Shows exactly what I got on the left.. Good deal or not for the price?

20220630_190004.jpg
Sponsored

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
The coverage you mentioned doesn't quite sound like a mopar warranty. The 3rd tier one should cover everything the original 36 month one did but I don't believe that covers tires and windshields and if they claim it covered "everything" then what does the next level up cover?
-
My dealership pretended he was trying to sell me a mopar warranty but only really offered the other brand.... I think it was called "wishful thinking coverage", I let him keep it for himself
-
Also, the extended warranties don't come with oil changes or maintainence but there is a plan that does which is also a mopar plan separate from a warranty
-
A real Mopar waranty you'll be able to see on your Mopar page once it's registered and it would be silly not to get the top tier if you do pull the trigger and yeah, the referrals on this site will definitely save coin over the stealership on real warranties
-
As honest as the salesman is, sometimes he misspeaks (there, I said that without calling them dirty rotten liars who should be taken out back and..... oops!, almost slipped)
-
Anyways, you asked so.... you may want to check into all this 🤠
By the way, congrats on the new Jeep !!

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
Went through my paperwork. Here it is. I paid exactly $1,780.
Shows exactly what I got on the left.. Good deal or not for the price?

Jeep Wrangler JL Factory extended warranty worth it? 20220630_190004
Couple things:
1. You could've gotten the Mopar Added Care 60/100 with $200 deductible for $680 at the link I provided previously.
2. The other stuff is garbage & I'd cancel that immediately.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
The coverage you mentioned doesn't quite sound like a mopar warranty. The 3rd tier one should cover everything the original 36 month one did but I don't believe that covers tires and windshields and if they claim it covered "everything" then what does the next level up cover?
-
My dealership pretended he was trying to sell me a mopar warranty but only really offered the other brand.... I think it was called "wishful thinking coverage", I let him keep it for himself
-
Also, the extended warranties don't come with oil changes or maintainence but there is a plan that does which is also a mopar plan separate from a warranty
-
A real Mopar waranty you'll be able to see on your Mopar page once it's registered and it would be silly not to get the top tier if you do pull the trigger and yeah, the referrals on this site will definitely save coin over the stealership on real warranties
-
As honest as the salesman is, sometimes he misspeaks (there, I said that without calling them dirty rotten liars who should be taken out back and..... oops!, almost slipped)
-
Anyways, you asked so.... you may want to check into all this 🤠
By the way, congrats on the new Jeep !!
It's Mopar https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/mvp/81-770-7338_PP-2A-MPL_Lam_MVPMultiCare_2opt.pdf

Just paying for things you'll most likely never use, and double paying for things such as roadside assistance which is not only standard on the vehicle, but also included in the Mopar Added Care Plus plan he purchased. The "scheduled maintenance" is already basically covered by the Jeep Waves program, so you paid $450 for what maintenance exactly?

Sponsored

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
I've bought the FCA Mopar MaxCare extended (factory extended is the only way to go). The Max Care is better than Added Care as the Max is the same as your bumper to bumper 3/36. Covers everything. You can also transfer it to the new buyer if you sell your Wrangler OR ask for a refund on however many unused months are left (the refund is prorated on whatever is left). I did this on my '16 Hellcat, sold it in '18 (got back about $1500) and used it for my '19 Redeye. Also, since it's the Mopar factory warranty, any dealer will treat it like the original factory, no questions asked. Also covers lost key fobs too!
I bought mine online here: https://chryslerwarrantydirect.com
For the Max Care 5year/100K miles $200 deductible, it's $830 for your Jeep and it's full bumper to bumper.

Deleted member 59498

I got the Mopar for 6/60 I think less than or right at 1000 from Mopar. Basically 1000 dollars for 3 more years on bumper to bumper. Cheap insurance to me.

Of course they are going to make more than they pay out that is how they stay in business :) Same as insurance companies.

Go_Galt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
What was your cost if you don't mind me asking...
I got my Mopar vehicle protection plan (Max care) through Granger Motors (known for very aggressive pricing), and an 8 year, 85,000 mile plan with a $100 deductible was only $1,335 at the time I bought it.

I have never purchased any kind of extended warranty plan, but this price on a modern FCA vehicle with all of the goofy/finicky tech... that's an absolute no-brainer, IMO.

The 8yr, 85,000 mileage plan was a good fit for me, as mine is a wheeling/road trip toy that will only have moderate yearly mileage. But I entertained prices on higher mileage or different deductible plans ($0, $100, and $200), and all were very attractive prices, IMO.

This is the way.

Also, since it's the Mopar factory warranty, any dealer will treat it like the original factory, no questions asked. Also covers lost key fobs too!
I didn't know this, and that's awesome. For what these key fobs cost on the higher trim JLs, this is such a no-brainer that I don't see many situations where an owner isn't getting serious value and peace of mind, for the prices being offered by several outfits like Granger, on these warranties.

Last edited:

Lizziewizzie

First Name
Liz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Sahara - Granite Crystal Metallic
I've bought the FCA Mopar MaxCare extended (factory extended is the only way to go). The Max Care is better than Added Care as the Max is the same as your bumper to bumper 3/36. Covers everything. You can also transfer it to the new buyer if you sell your Wrangler OR ask for a refund on however many unused months are left (the refund is prorated on whatever is left). I did this on my '16 Hellcat, sold it in '18 (got back about $1500) and used it for my '19 Redeye. Also, since it's the Mopar factory warranty, any dealer will treat it like the original factory, no questions asked. Also covers lost key fobs too!
I bought mine online here: https://chryslerwarrantydirect.com
For the Max Care 5year/100K miles $200 deductible, it's $830 for your Jeep and it's full bumper to bumper.
Terrific! I just bought from this site for my 2 week old Sahara. :)

Deleted member 59498

I heard Geico has a good warranty you can add to insurance but I am not familiar with it all I see it on my policy as an option though.

Sponsored

Jeeppaul91

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLURXR
Occupation
Real Estate
The mark up is insane for all finance department “add ons” and warranties. I sold cars for a few years and left the industry due to the general lack of morality and the brutal hours. We sold “paint protection” for $1,000 and so many people bought it. It got applied to every new and used vehicle during delivery prep, whether people paid for it or not. People literally paid $1,000 for something that they would’ve got for free just by refusing, but we were trained to sell it well. The catch was that if they tried to make a claim, they were pretty much always shown a stone chip etc that voided the warranty. Dealerships make the bulk of their money on new car deals on the “back end”, which are warranties, add ons, gap insurance, service plans, etc. If you had agreed to pay the original price prior to discount, you would have essentially added close to $4k after taxes to the price of your vehicle, and they 100% would’ve been ok with selling you something that has stupid mark up and little value for full price. The tactic is to hit them with a crazy price over and over and over, then offer a “50%” discount and the consumer assumes its a great deal and takes the bait.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
We paid $1700 for a 5 yr/100k Mopar MaxCare for my wife's Grand Cherokee. She drives about 25k mi/year so the factory bumper to bumper is already expired (in a year & 1/2). Her GC has so many expensive parts, like air suspension, that if one thing fails the extended service contract more than pays for itself. If it doesn, well it was $1,700 worth of insurance -which is exactly what it is, an insurance policy. No different than the Annual premium you pay for auto insurance.
That's what I meant by peace-of-mind.

O)()()()()(O

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I just purchased the 7 year unlimited mileage max care warranty for $2910 from Tom Winkels with
the $100 deductible.
I got mine through Tom as well. Very easy transaction and great to work with. I was looking into the unlimited mileage plan but we talked, projected some mileage, and I decided to go with the less expensive 8 year / 125k miles plan. I also saved some money by opting for the $200 deductible because (to me) the purpose of the MaxCare is piece mind for a major repair. When I saw the odometer blow past 36k , there was a nice feeling knowing that it was still covered for another 80k + miles.

DurangoWino

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Santa Fe and 2023 Rubi XR 4-door
Occupation
Retired
I did my deal over the phone from CO, but my salesman in Conroe, TX said that the dealer gives you a basically unlimited warranty for as long as you own the Jeep. You do have to maintain their recommended service schedule - you can only miss one of them by 1000 miles or less to maintain the warranty. Have not made it to the dealer yet to inquire about the details. Just glad they are covering it! With the way things are being built nowadays, I think a warranty is a good investment if you plan on keeping your Jeep for an extended time.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
It's Mopar https://www.mopar.com/content/dam/mopar/pdf/mvp/81-770-7338_PP-2A-MPL_Lam_MVPMultiCare_2opt.pdf

Just paying for things you'll most likely never use, and double paying for things such as roadside assistance which is not only standard on the vehicle, but also included in the Mopar Added Care Plus plan he purchased. The "scheduled maintenance" is already basically covered by the Jeep Waves program, so you paid $450 for what maintenance exactly?
That's what I thought and told them. This is why I always say no. They frigging got me this time after a long drive and being half a sleep. Oh well. Now I have to figure out how to cancel it. 😞
Sponsored