Factory CBS/CBQ leather or aftermarket?

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
Have had the JL with CBS leather for 3 months now and if I had to do it again would skip the stitched leather. First of all thought I was getting gray dash on granite Crystal rubi with CBS option-got red and I am ok with that. Got red stitched steering wheel with tungsten stitched seats. No stitching on armrest or doors or dash. Got dash and doors out of a sport. I really think the seat foam is sub par also. My build sheet does not mention premium seat foam like regular factory leather. I like the look of the stitched leather but for that kind of dough should have at least got what comes standard in a rubi with leather and no two toned stitching.
I thought dash is determined by body color, not leather option. I have CBS in a Sahara HellaYella, no regrets at 9mos.
Sponsored

Last edited:

PEABUDY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR GRANITE CRYSTAL
Vehicle Showcase
I thought dash is determined by body color, not leather option. I have CBS in Mubarak HellaYella, no regrets at 9mos.
You got a way better deal on CBS leather on the Sahara vs on my Rubicon. You got your leather stitching all one color. Plus you got stitched on center and door armrests. My Rubicon has red stitched steering wheel and shifter boots and tungsten white on seats. No stitching on armrest on center or doors. Took it to dealer yesterday and they are checking on it. I basically got sport interior with CBS seats.

lakebuster

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Rubicon JL and 2015 Jeep JK Willys Wheeler
Looking at 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon in Granite Crystal and White. One was supposed to have CBS and the other CBQ. They both came in with cloth seats. Waiting on FCA to credit dealer for incorrect seats. I have talked to local Katzkin dealer about install, but they offer ventilated seats with fans but not cooled A/C vent lines to seats as in my car. Still better than nothing!
Sponsored