Sponsored

Factory Build Options/Accessories

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Hey all,

I'm wanting to know people's opinions on factory build accessories (floor mats, storage bags, etc NOT PACKAGES). What are highly recommended to order from factory, and what ones to avoid, or ones you'd suggest 3rd party aftermarket.

There are a lot of options, and not being a Jeep owner previously, I don't know the benefits or drawbacks of many of these including pricing.

Love to hear everyone's feedback!
Sponsored

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
Some of the accessories are hard to get right now

HealthRebel

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLRU Ocean Blue
Hey all,

I'm wanting to know people's opinions on factory build accessories (floor mats, storage bags, etc NOT PACKAGES). What are highly recommended to order from factory, and what ones to avoid, or ones you'd suggest 3rd party aftermarket.

There are a lot of options, and not being a Jeep owner previously, I don't know the benefits or drawbacks of many of these including pricing.

Love to hear everyone's feedback!
I'm just doing the floor mats on my JLRU order.

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
There are some things that can only be added at the factory. Proximity sensor and other things. Look the forum over really closely before ordering.

Cookie Monster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLURT
Vehicle Showcase
Don't order the all weather rubber floor mats from the factory. The wrangler comes with carpet/cloth ones. You buy the all weather ones from your favorite online retailer for cheaper and you end up with two sets of floor mats. If you add the all weather ones to your order, those will be the only ones you get.

I ordered the soft top storage bag, i haven't developed a strong opinion on it yet. It does the job of storing the windows with a felt layer between each window to help prevent scratches. It works, dunno if aftermarket ones are better. At $65 (under invoice deal) it seemed like worth a try.

Sponsored

OP
OP

ulbsti25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Some of the accessories are hard to get right now
Like which ones?

Don't order the all weather rubber floor mats from the factory. The wrangler comes with carpet/cloth ones. You buy the all weather ones from your favorite online retailer for cheaper and you end up with two sets of floor mats. If you add the all weather ones to your order, those will be the only ones you get.

I ordered the soft top storage bag, i haven't developed a strong opinion on it yet. It does the job of storing the windows with a felt layer between each window to help prevent scratches. It works, dunno if aftermarket ones are better. At $65 (under invoice deal) it seemed like worth a try.
Thanks! That's the information I'm looking for.

Keep the suggestions coming!

Kidder212

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 2.0L turbo
The trail rail for one last I looked you had to order in separate pieces, the price ordering in piecemeal is very expensive.

cwadle

First Name
cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I would recommend the cargo bay bin, makes a really nice storage space for tools and supplies. Door sill guards are great as well, otherwise you will absolutely scratch the paint. (I have in areas not protected by the guard). Beyond this, the other options are mostly personal preference.
For my use, which involves keeping stuff in my cargo area at all times. (Gear) the cargo management rail system worked out well.

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I would recommend the cargo bay bin, makes a really nice storage space for tools and supplies. Door sill guards are great as well, otherwise you will absolutely scratch the paint. (I have in areas not protected by the guard). Beyond this, the other options are mostly personal preference.
For my use, which involves keeping stuff in my cargo area at all times. (Gear) the cargo management rail system worked out well.
I’d go after market door sills but that’s me.

I’m not sure which accessories I’d get w purchase vs just grabbing post sale. It should be cheaper and there may be better non-mopar options?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Which ones? There are so many brands
Mine came with the Mopar ones and I absolutely love them.

We go to the beach and I come back and dump them. Clean again.

We go hit some muddy trails I come back spray them. Clean again.

Any brand fitted for the JL will work the same id imagine.

DrDee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Beetle 2003, Sahara 4 door Silver 2020
Mine came with the Mopar ones and I absolutely love them.

We go to the beach and I come back and dump them. Clean again.

We go hit some muddy trails I come back spray them. Clean again.

Any brand fitted for the JL will work the same id imagine.
Thanks

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
weather tech floor liner is a good brand and will cover front to back of the jeep. they can be pricey but you're getting good quality stuff. as to any accessories that you want to get or looking at. look at the price difference between the factory and aftermarket. factory stuff will be higher in price as if you went to an aftermarket company.
Sponsored