Sponsored

Factory 2" Lift and 35" Tires

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
Hey Guys

Has anyone ordered and received the factory 2" lift and added the 35" tires yet? If so what the total height of the vehicle? just wondering if I will have enough clearance with my garage.

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
zeek

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
I have not personally ordered my JL yet, but here is a dealer that installed a 2" lift.

Thanks for posting. It looks awsome with the lift. They didn’t give the height but there is a significant difference there between stock and lifted. Think it might be touch and go with my garage. I’ll drop them a comment and see if they can give me the exact height. Does anyone know if you can use the stock rubicon wheels with 35” tires? Will they fit? Will they look weird?

dwoodwo1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Premium, Granite
Is a tune necessary when putting on larger tires? Is the speedometer reading affected?

OP
OP
zeek

zeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY20 JL Wrangler
Is a tune necessary when putting on larger tires? Is the speedometer reading affected?
I think I remember one of the jeep guys saying at the launch that if you add 35" tires the computer would self adjust to give you the right speed. It was on a youtube video.

Sponsored

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
I have 35's with a 2 inch lift and still have 7 inches clearance on my garage.

aCeMedic13

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
RN/Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
Garage door is standard 7ft tall.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I love how dealers advertise nonsense to hype a sale "custom lifted!!!" ... b***h thats a bought, bolt on MOPAR lift anyone can do in their driveway on a Saturday afternoon with a jack, jack stands, and basic tools with a buddy and some beer that you are charging probably an extra $7-9k for. Now if a dealer had their own CNC table, and a fabricator on hand (or a few) and actually created their own lifts and links with minimal off the shelf bought parts....then we could talk about that whole "custom" thing......

Its like these ricers that think their Civic is the greatest rice cooker of all time....no it isnt....give it 5 minutes I am sure you will pass another "slant life" coffee can, pissed off weedeater dude on the other side of the street running the same sub 100HP cold air small turbo motor you are.

*rant over*

download.jpg

regardless of all that ranting....the 2" lift does look pretty good on that Sahara!

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK X 2-DR
Curious what the 4dr Ruby with Mopar lift looks like with the standard Ruby wheels and tires. When I get my JL, I was planning on going ahead and getting the 2" lift from Mopar but wondering how "odd" it would look w/o the bigger tires.

Sponsored

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
I agree on the dealer hype.
I have $20 invested in my budget boost lift, albeit it is only temporary until I can build a full lift.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
Based on that video, looks like the front tires stick out from the fenders maybe 3 to 4 inches? That is on the Sahara model with 35x12.50R17 tires on zero offset wheels as the guy in the video mentioned. So to have the tires not stick out so far, a positive offset wheel would be needed, keeping in mind to watch for the inside of the tire contacting the frame or other components, if the positive offset is too great.

jericbarg

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-Granite
Occupation
Healthcare
I would not pay $800 for the mopar lift, it is not worth the $$.
Budget boost and build your own or wait a month and several much better and cheaper options will be out.

FCrackerJLRubi

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Curious what the 4dr Ruby with Mopar lift looks like with the standard Ruby wheels and tires. When I get my JL, I was planning on going ahead and getting the 2" lift from Mopar but wondering how "odd" it would look w/o the bigger tires.
I was wondering the same thing since the Rubi has the high fenders, if it might make it look too tall for the tires.

Indio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep TJ, 1985 Jeep CJ-7, 1972 Series III Land Rover
Occupation
Procrastinator
I agree on the dealer hype.
I have $20 invested in my budget boost lift, albeit it is only temporary until I can build a full lift.
Did you simply put some spacers under the coil springs to get some added lift? Probably if the owner only wants an inch or so of lift, that seems a good way to go and much less expensive than new control arms. Do you envision any downside in terms of caster change or shocks reaching their end point with a limited coil spacer type lift? I've only owned leaf spring Jeeps, but it seems to me the caster change from a one inch spacer lift would be fairly minimal? Not sure if two inch would be pushing it.
Sponsored