Graydd

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Long trip solution...Nissan Titan xd platinum reserve with plush heated and air-conditioned seats and a v8 diesel. Life is too short to show up wore out already.

20210409_144316.jpg

20210410_194524.jpg
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
C
Long trip solution...Nissan Titan xd platinum reserve with plush heated and air-conditioned seats and a v8 diesel. Life is too short to show up wore out already.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fact: Jeep Wrangler is the least capable vehicle ever 20210410_194524

Jeep Wrangler JL Fact: Jeep Wrangler is the least capable vehicle ever 20210410_194524
C-mon, toughen up, thatā€™s almost as bad as the guys who trailer their Harleys to Sturgis then ride in the last mile! We give them a pass if itā€™s a Knuckle, Pan or flathead but not a new one. So get a flat fender if youā€™re gonna tow it! Full disclosureā€” I will be towing my 21 behind MH.šŸ˜Š

narcotik33

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Rubicon XtremeRecon
Had a 2016 Taco TRD off road. Looked nice, but the thing was a pig, couldnā€™t drive above 85 mph comfortably. I also couldnā€™t sit in it for longer than 2 hours. I havenā€™t had any trouble driving my 2015 2door Sahara wrangler @ 6ā€™ 215lbs. Itā€™s noisy driving the thing on the highway, but I knew that going in. Love my Jeep, hated the Taco.

LKG

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLUR (soon), Gen 2 Cummins, 22 Sport Alt. R.I.P
I, too, found our JKU fine for long road trips. Tbh, thereā€™s no reason to try to go, or maintain, 90 mph in a Wrangler. However it does maintain 75-80 just fine (speed limits are 70-75 down here).

Now way back, my ā€˜94 Sahara wasnā€™t the best for long trips or highway driving. That brick topped out at 65 mph if going down hill with a stiff wind at your back.
I got my 93 YJ up to 80 once, just to see if it would. It did and now I never have to again.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
toughen up, thatā€™s almost as bad as the guys who trailer their Harleys to Sturgis then ride in the last mile!
We call that event Trailer Week. ;)

Meanwhile, I'm touring with guys who'll ride their Urals from Maine to Virginia and other points south for our annual rallies.

Sponsored

Leisure Freak

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport, 1981 Toyota SR5 Convertible PU, 2002 Chevy Tracker, 2015 Impala, 90 Civic,
2019 JL Sport. 6' 3" and have done a number of 8 hour a day interstate drives. No comfort complaints from me. Set the seat all the way back and as low as it allows. I do use the cruise control and move my legs around as much as I can. Never done 90 in it but have done plenty of 80 mph stretches as posted on the highway where I frequent on my road trips. Handles ok but do see the mpg drop at anything 70+.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We call that event Trailer Week. ;)

Meanwhile, I'm touring with guys who'll ride their Urals from Maine to Virginia and other points south for our annual rallies.
[/QUOTE
:LOL: Trailer week! Thatā€™s appropriate! PS I have never seen a Ural in the wild.

Jefe106

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sahara
Fact: Jeeps were invented in 1941 to beat the Nazis. It was pretty capable of doing that.
My JL is a direct descendent so whatever. And I happily drive it no matter what. BTW, rather drive this than the Humvees I drove in the Army as far as comfort goes.

WorkingMan

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
I love my Jeep, but man, you're not kidding.

In the ~9 months since I've owned it, we've driven:
- Nashville to Texas
- Texas to Florida and back
- Fort Worth to San Antonio and back (2x)
- Fort Worth to Colorado Springs and back

And I have a daily (M-Th) ~30 mile round trip all highways to take my daughters to school.

The dead pedal helps, but man. And heaven forbid there's wind more than 5MPH.

I've gotten to where I just hang out in the right lane with the cruise set on 70 and enjoy the ride. Trying to go any faster than that is a waste of effort and $$.

For my normal use-case, a Cherokee or Grand Cherokee would have been a much more responsible, logical choice.

But you can't take the top off either of those, now can you?

Man, I love my Jeep.
I don't know which Wrangler y'all drive but mine goes 90 MPH easy. I do 80+MPH 30 miles to work every morning then switch to the state highway for a leisurely drive home. Average 23-24 MPG. I never get tired of driving it.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Trailer week! Thatā€™s appropriate!

PS - I have never seen a Ural in the wild.
They're hen's teeth, to be sure. I have to be extra frosty when piloting it, since drivers in the adjacent lane who slow down to gawk and/or take photos create an unnecessary danger to me and any other vehicles in the vicinity. Lord knows how many Instagram posts I appear in, lol.

Tangentially, JL-generation Jeeps are actually an infrequent sight for me. We've JKs as far as the eye can see, though.

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Fact: Jeeps were invented in 1941 to beat the Nazis. It was pretty capable of doing that.
My JL is a direct descendent so whatever. And I happily drive it no matter what. BTW, rather drive this than the Humvees I drove in the Army as far as comfort goes.
^^^^^^
this man get's it!!

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They're hen's teeth, to be sure. I have to be extra frosty when piloting it, since drivers in the adjacent lane who slow down to gawk and/or take photos create an unnecessary danger to me and any other vehicles in the vicinity. Lord knows how many Instagram posts I appear in, lol.

Tangentially, JL-generation Jeeps are actually an infrequent sight for me. We've JKs as far as the eye can see, though.
I know that one well! Got the same when driving my 54 Corvette, even had a cop pull me over because ā€œI canā€™t remember the last time I saw one and just wanted a good look) Sigh!

BeachPilot74

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR, 2013 F-F150
Occupation
Airline Pilot
To the OP, sounds like you just need to sell the Jeep and find something else to drive. Jeep is not meant to be a luxury ride. Somebody else I am sure will put your Jeep to good use. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
To the OP, sounds like you just need to sell the Jeep and find something else to drive. Jeep is not meant to be a luxury ride. Somebody else I am sure will put your Jeep to good use. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Maybe heā€™s just venting because he canā€™t afford the Land Rover he really wants?

RLSTREET

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU