Fact: Jeep Wrangler is the least capable vehicle ever

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Jeep is quite capable....capable of ....

1. Tipping over during a wind storm
2. Losing all semblance of control when hitting a groove at highway speeds
3. Cracking a windshield when hit by a butterfly
4. Cramping the drivers legs
5. Being passed by a dump truck going up hill
6. Having a 'farm jack' while maintaining stock ride height

But it is also capable of providing the driver with a unique and exciting vehicle that does more than go from point A to point B.
Sponsored

OP
OP
hiimmike

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Also
 don’t take the top off your Jeep!!! You’ve been WARNED! đŸ˜Č
Jeep Wrangler JL Fact: Jeep Wrangler is the least capable vehicle ever 543CD419-93E4-4696-9363-D6D6075A8D0F

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
with my X5M I'm always worried abt getting curve rash on my rims, or some deuce bag door dinging me in the parking lot. With my lifted Jeep no worries at all abt a curve rash - and anybody wanting to door ding, they will be at the short end of the stick when they open their door into my LoD Signature rock sliders...lol
Part of the appeal of the Wrangler for me is total stress free driving. I always worry about damaging my other fun cars. I don't have the same anxiety with Wranglers. No worries about damage. The Wrangler is a lot of fun without the usual headaches of owning a fun car. I find I reach for the Wrangler key much more than my other fun cars. So much that I have used a Wrangler as a daily driver since '1997.

Wranglers are ideal for both urban and off road. Streets and roads around here seem to be as bad as some off road. Lol. No worries about damaging tires, rims, while driving over potholes or speed bumps. I always park my other fun cars far away from other cars in the most remote spaces to prevent door dings. I never parallel park any of those cars. Not with the Wrangler! Most parking spaces are fair game! The spare tire is a great bumper for cars trying to park too close. :CWL:

The huge ground clearance is great for parking in winter also. The city plows and the snow gets pushed into the parking spaces. The packed in snow or frozen ice makes it impossible for most cars to park. The Wrangler can just roll in and out of those spaces.

One issue with the Wrangler and parallel parking. Spaces in the city can be very tight. Sometimes the car parked behind is too close for the gate to swing open.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Jeep is quite capable....capable of ....

1. Tipping over during a wind storm
2. Losing all semblance of control when hitting a groove at highway speeds
3. Cracking a windshield when hit by a butterfly
4. Cramping the drivers legs
5. Being passed by a dump truck going up hill
6. Having a 'farm jack' while maintaining stock ride height

But it is also capable of providing the driver with a unique and exciting vehicle that does more than go from point A to point B.
I hear ya on the cracks at higher speeds. Our roads that connect to bridges are heaving a lot cause of freeze and I literally almost flipped it off the highway going 65 the other day cause I didn’t know. Since then they milled the roads on all bridges in that stretch down and have signs up. It’s bad. I slow down to 45 now cause it’s still pretty bad.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
**EDIT** I love these forums!!!! Why? Because I used to really dislike Jeep people but these forums made me realize that the small percentage that I ran across that are super douchey aren’t the majority of Jeep owners. Some are still douche badges though, like the guy in the grey lifeted sport on Switzerland. Trail in CO TWO Weekends ago who was talking shot about tacomas and how tacomas and their owners are complete shitbags.
Also I’m drunk

At keeping you comfortable on a road trip. đŸ˜«

7 hour trip from CO to Moab and just got in. Yikes, that was kind of brutal. So question, what mods areyou guys running to shrink the transmission to reduce the size of the center consolein order to expand the footwell so you can drive comfortably if you’re taller than 3’?

also, this thing is basically a death trap.Any attempts to keep up with traffic going 90 in. A 55 on I70 thought CO , just make sure you have a large value of life insurance because you AA will die.

also also, if you drive a pickup truck , I hate you, you’re guilty by associating. Those a-holes want to do 30 over in traffic and cut everyone off to save 2 minutes to their drive. No lie, 30 minutes after th y swerve in front of me, they’re elright in front of me again, they got nowhere

This is why I try not to post after drinking. :CWL:

In the summer of 1978 I drove my 1977 CJ 7 from Oregon to Colorado, then to South Carolina and up to Massachusetts to visit buddies. It was a great trip, but it was also a hot bumpy, noisy, tiring drive — just what you’d expect of a simple, short wheelbase, uninsulated, 4-wheel drive. It got me there and I never felt unsafe. At least the seats were better than the seats in the military Jeeps.

My JL is much more comfortable than that old CJ but, obviously, it’s not optimized for highway comfort or excessive speed.

This thread is like buying a BMW 7-Series and then complaining about how poorly it performed in the Baja 1000.

If you want comfort at speed with some capability off-road, buy a Ford Raptor. If you do that please don’t tie one on and then lose your mind when you discover it’s too big and too softly sprung to go where your Jeep goes. ;)

Sponsored

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
Jeeps are not built for high speed driving. Period. I never drive mine over 65. It's a 2 door.
I have plenty of other vehicles for high speed or longer trips. Picking up my 2022 C8 corvette HTC
at the museum 3/3/22. I buy cars for specific duties. 2018 Ram 5500 dump truck, hauling. 2021 Ram 5500 Larimie with kelderman air ride, nice truck and hauls Host cascade TC, Corvette, fun.
2018 Durango short trips. 2019 45 foot DP long, long trips. 2021 cherokee limited, wifes car.
Etc, there are more but you get the idea.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Ha, I feel you :). However I love my little slow dump truck like vehicle that I can run over any pothole, let the inside get filthy, let the outside get filthy. People can accidentally run into the back of me at 20 mph and I drive away with ZERO damage (this actually happened, his front end was crushed and the radiator was blowing steam). I can hit things with the front and drive away with ZERO damage. It's pretty cool imo. Also, not being to drive fast keeps me legal!

Oh and the most important thing.. blizzards here in CO.

Last edited:

OHJeeper

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JLUS, 2008 JLUX, 2018 JLUR
Am I the only one who noticed these 2 sentences???

Also I’m drunk
... and then

7 hour trip from CO to Moab and just got in. Yikes, that was kind of brutal.
So, OP, did you plow a bunch of beers as soon as you got home (and are drunk) or were there some "road pops" in this equation? đŸ€Ł

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Yep! Hey I only know where to look because I've been playing on there deciding on a vanity plate, if I even want one. It's not like it shows who has it, just whether it's available or not.
This is why I try not to post after drinking. :CWL:
Drinking and posting is like a sport. What else am I going to be doing sitting at home playing on the computer?? :)

OldBlue

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See my Signature
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Aerospace Forgings Test Lab
Vehicle Showcase
I have no issues with it. Is it as comfortable a highway vehicle as the WK2 I traded in for it? No, and I'm okay with that. I just drove mine 5.5 hours home from mid-Michigan and had no problem with the comfort of it. Again, not WK2 comfortable, but no issues, no back pain, and I ran I-75 (75mph zone) at 80 with no problems (but I didn't have a head wind either!). I just set the cruise and smile as I'm going!

Sponsored

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
That happened to me while I was minding my own business in my lane. The outcome was not good. But I did get a new Jeep out of it. It was a Honda that hit me though and not a Prius.

Jeep Wrangler JL Fact: Jeep Wrangler is the least capable vehicle ever 543CD419-93E4-4696-9363-D6D6075A8D0F

I'm 6'1" and don't have a problem with comfort on long drives. I rarely go over 75-80, which is no problem on a flat road with a tail wind. Uphill with a head wind and I can watch the fuel gauge drop.
Just goes to show how safe these little trucks are (yeah I called it a truck rofl)..

PatrickM

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I drove 2000km in Spin in the JLUR recently
.in fact 2x 1000 km and cruised at 65 mph in total comfort. I’d have goneva lot faster in my BMW 430 convertible, but honestly, the 4 door is just soooo comfand roomy, the BMW wasn’t an option.

I love my Jeep

jbcrane

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21.JLU.6MT.GCM.35.4.88.ZEON12
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technical/Indstrial 3D Animator
Vehicle Showcase
**EDIT** I love these forums!!!! Why? Because I used to really dislike Jeep people but these forums made me realize that the small percentage that I ran across that are super douchey aren’t the majority of Jeep owners. Some are still douche badges though, like the guy in the grey lifeted sport on Switzerland. Trail in CO TWO Weekends ago who was talking shot about tacomas and how tacomas and their owners are complete shitbags.
Also I’m drunk

At keeping you comfortable on a road trip. đŸ˜«

7 hour trip from CO to Moab and just got in. Yikes, that was kind of brutal. So question, what mods areyou guys running to shrink the transmission to reduce the size of the center consolein order to expand the footwell so you can drive comfortably if you’re taller than 3’?

also, this thing is basically a death trap.Any attempts to keep up with traffic going 90 in. A 55 on I70 thought CO , just make sure you have a large value of life insurance because you AA will die.

also also, if you drive a pickup truck , I hate you, you’re guilty by associating. Those a-holes want to do 30 over in traffic and cut everyone off to save 2 minutes to their drive. No lie, 30 minutes after th y swerve in front of me, they’re elright in front of me again, they got nowhere

after the Breckenridge Driscoll exit, people become intelligent.
Howdy neighbor, I drove my Wrangler from Colorado to Seattle, down the Washington/Oregon/California coast and across Nevada/Utah and home over two weeks in September. 4,600 miles. No problems what so ever. So I guess it's what you're willing to get used to. I'm just under 6 foot and have my seat all the way back in its tracks most of the time. And oh yeh, it's a 6-speed manual trans. Try experimenting with the position/tilt of the steering wheel and see if that helps. I never try to drive 90mph in the Jeep, much less any other car. Sorry, no input there ;-). And the Switzerland Trail is pretty epic. I have a gray, lifted Sport but it wasn't me... honest.

Capt Milks

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon
It is all about trade offs. If you want a plush ride at 90 mph buy a buick. It will not go off road but will ride reeeaaal nice. If you lift your jeep and put 37's on it is not going to handle as good as that buick on the pavement, but it will do great off road. If you put soft joints in your suspension it will flex great but will want to wonder on the highway a little. It all trade offs. Why did Ford do the IFS in the Bronco....for a better ride. Will it flex as much as a solid axle, no. All about trade offs. If you want a car/truck to do everything well it will not do anything great.