Fact: Jeep Wrangler is the least capable vehicle ever

Jeepn’

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I’m in the market for a JL and I gotta say, it cannot be worse than my Tacoma for road trips. It’s on 33s and that thing couldnt hold a gear to save its life. Bed isn’t water or dust proof despite all my efforts, so our things always got wet or dirty. Seating is absolutely terrible too. We saw the entire western half of the US in it and dealt with it’s shortcomings, but it’s getting sold today for a JL order. Bitter sweet to see it go but I’m excited to get into a wrangler!
Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I'm 6'3" and 260lbs. The ONLY issue I have is the headroom. My head is at the sportbar. Otherwise, no problems. I'm running 37's with factory gears and I have no problem going 90, if I choose. I drove my JLUR from Dallas to Vegas and back last summer. I had a great trip and was comfortable. Wind is no problem in mine, no more than in the wife's Grand Cherokee at least....

PuppyJeep

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
I'm 6'3" and 260lbs. The ONLY issue I have is the headroom. My head is at the sportbar. Otherwise, no problems. I'm running 37's with factory gears and I have no problem going 90, if I choose. I drove my JLUR from Dallas to Vegas and back last summer. I had a great trip and was comfortable. Wind is no problem in mine, no more than in the wife's Grand Cherokee at least....

Head room is important. No manufacturer builds a vehicle for tall people. It feels like I enter a suicide mission every time I sit in a vehicle.

Can one of you multi billion $ companies build something for people 6'6" plus?

PuppyJeep

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JK
same story for socks, shoes, pants, and shirts. Nobody makes this stuff for tall people.

40Caliber

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 door Rubicon
Sit on your couch at home for 5 hrs and let me know how you feel when you get up. Anything you do for 5+ hours will make you stiff
I don't know... Maybe because I am 58 years old. It surely doesn't take me 4 hours to get stiff.

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
My JLUR was suppose to be my weekend toy yet this is what my daily driver is doing these days…..

EE58883C-B9B5-4D6D-B9B6-932248B79CFC.jpeg

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
My JLUR was suppose to be my weekend toy yet this is what my daily driver is doing these days…..

Jeep Wrangler JL Fact: Jeep Wrangler is the least capable vehicle ever EE58883C-B9B5-4D6D-B9B6-932248B79CFC
My GC has been out of the garage twice since getting my Wrangler in August so I completely understand!:jk:

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I rotate mine about every 4 or 5 days. One parks behind the other so after about 4 days I pull one out, pull the 2nd one out, put the first one back in place and pull the 2nd one in behind it.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Head room is important. No manufacturer builds a vehicle for tall people. It feels like I enter a suicide mission every time I sit in a vehicle.

Can one of you multi billion $ companies build something for people 6'6" plus?
same story for socks, shoes, pants, and shirts. Nobody makes this stuff for tall people.
6'4", 36" inseam.

What I've observed is that, rather frequently, the clothing brands believe lanky folks are also irredeemably fat. Add a "Tall" designation to a knit or oxford shirt, for example, and suddenly one is looking at a tent with a collar and buttons. This is due in part to said Talls rarely being available in anything smaller than 2XL.

Hey, Lacoste and any other clothing brand that's listening: Some of us know when to put the fork down!

I'm wearing a Large Tall Carhartt flannel shirt right now, and it's plainly evident that the tailoring adds more than just sleeve and tail length, which is all it should add.

Rant over. :)

MDawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4xe, 2022 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I am 6'3" and drove my daughter's Jeep from Atlanta to Houston (13 hours straight with a few breaks to stretch legs). I didn't think it was that uncomfortable. It was tough to keep it straight though since a cold front had just blown through, and I was driving west bound (wind out of the north). In a couple months, I'll be doing a Nashville to Houston run in my Rubicon 4xe.

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I rotate mine about every 4 or 5 days. One parks behind the other so after about 4 days I pull one out, pull the 2nd one out, put the first one back in place and pull the 2nd one in behind it.
with my X5M I'm always worried abt getting curve rash on my rims, or some douche bag door dinging me in the parking lot. With my lifted Jeep no worries at all abt a curve rash - and anybody wanting to door ding, they will be at the short end of the stick when they open their door into my LoD Signature rock sliders...lol

Last edited:
OP
OP
hiimmike

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I’m in the market for a JL and I gotta say, it cannot be worse than my Tacoma for road trips. It’s on 33s and that thing couldnt hold a gear to save its life. Bed isn’t water or dust proof despite all my efforts, so our things always got wet or dirty. Seating is absolutely terrible too. We saw the entire western half of the US in it and dealt with it’s shortcomings, but it’s getting sold today for a JL order. Bitter sweet to see it go but I’m excited to get into a wrangler!
I looked at Tacomas 3-4 years ago and said the same thing. It was always shifting between 5th and 6th on the freeway, it was annoying. I have a buddy who has an overlanding Tacoma and he re-geared and he’s on 33s, says it’s so much better now. I was super excited for the 2016 Tacoma too, with that special Atkinson motor. Oh well, 6 years later I ended up with the Jeep!

Terminex

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE
Occupation
Fixing stupid....
**EDIT** I love these forums!!!! Why? Because I used to really dislike Jeep people but these forums made me realize that the small percentage that I ran across that are super douchey aren’t the majority of Jeep owners. Some are still douche badges though, like the guy in the grey lifeted sport on Switzerland. Trail in CO TWO Weekends ago who was talking shot about tacomas and how tacomas and their owners are complete shitbags.
Also I’m drunk

At keeping you comfortable on a road trip. 😫

7 hour trip from CO to Moab and just got in. Yikes, that was kind of brutal. So question, what mods areyou guys running to shrink the transmission to reduce the size of the center consolein order to expand the footwell so you can drive comfortably if you’re taller than 3’?

also, this thing is basically a death trap.Any attempts to keep up with traffic going 90 in. A 55 on I70 thought CO , just make sure you have a large value of life insurance because you AA will die.

also also, if you drive a pickup truck , I hate you, you’re guilty by associating. Those a-holes want to do 30 over in traffic and cut everyone off to save 2 minutes to their drive. No lie, 30 minutes after th y swerve in front of me, they’re elright in front of me again, they got nowhere…

after the Breckenridge Driscoll exit, people become intelligent.
Im 6’5” and i have no problems doing 7-12 hour drives every month.

the desert does it seat jackers made the difference for me. Raising just the front of the seat put the base at a much better angle for me.

OP
OP
hiimmike

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I like this community because we have a lot of helpful individuals who agreed with me that not only can it be uncomfortable but we still love it nonetheless! Then there are the few stereotypical Jeep people that I always picture who are just mad at the world for some reason. 😂 I’m definitely going to try a dead pedal and that seat jacket thing. All packed up from my campsite in Moab and about to grab some breakfast tacos in town and make the trek home! Just in time too, big storms coming in. I was super lucky and got a perfect weekend!
Sponsored