Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
  • Banned
**EDIT** I love these forums!!!! Why? Because I used to really dislike Jeep people but these forums made me realize that the small percentage that I ran across that are super douchey aren’t the majority of Jeep owners. Some are still douche badges though, like the guy in the grey lifeted sport on Switzerland. Trail in CO TWO Weekends ago who was talking shot about tacomas and how tacomas and their owners are complete shitbags.
Also I’m drunk

At keeping you comfortable on a road trip. 😫

7 hour trip from CO to Moab and just got in. Yikes, that was kind of brutal. So question, what mods areyou guys running to shrink the transmission to reduce the size of the center consolein order to expand the footwell so you can drive comfortably if you’re taller than 3’?

also, this thing is basically a death trap.Any attempts to keep up with traffic going 90 in. A 55 on I70 thought CO , just make sure you have a large value of life insurance because you AA will die.

also also, if you drive a pickup truck , I hate you, you’re guilty by associating. Those a-holes want to do 30 over in traffic and cut everyone off to save 2 minutes to their drive. No lie, 30 minutes after th y swerve in front of me, they’re elright in front of me again, they got nowhere…

after the Breckenridge Driscoll exit, people become intelligent.
Sponsored

Last edited:

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

I love my Jeep, but man, you're not kidding.

In the ~9 months since I've owned it, we've driven:
- Nashville to Texas
- Texas to Florida and back
- Fort Worth to San Antonio and back (2x)
- Fort Worth to Colorado Springs and back

And I have a daily (M-Th) ~30 mile round trip all highways to take my daughters to school.

The dead pedal helps, but man. And heaven forbid there's wind more than 5MPH.

I've gotten to where I just hang out in the right lane with the cruise set on 70 and enjoy the ride. Trying to go any faster than that is a waste of effort and $$.

For my normal use-case, a Cherokee or Grand Cherokee would have been a much more responsible, logical choice.

But you can't take the top off either of those, now can you?

Man, I love my Jeep.

Last edited:

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
"Fact"?

Comfort is subjective. And it must be said that 90 mph is plainly not in the Wrangler's wheelhouse. That's a mission brief for a different vehicle.

Horses for courses, old boy. ;)

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S

7 hour trip from CO to Moab and just got in. Yikes, that was kind of brutal. So question, what mods areyou guys running to shrink the transmission to reduce the size of the center consolein order to expand the footwell so you can drive comfortably if you’re taller than 3’?

also, this thing is basically a death trap.Any attempts to keep up with traffic going 90 in. A 55 on I70 thought CO , just make sure you have a large value of life insurance because you AA will die.

also also, if you drive a pickup truck , I hate you, you’re guilty by associating. Those a-holes want to do 30 over in traffic and cut everyone off to save 2 minutes to their drive. No lie, 30 minutes after th y swerve in front of me, they’re elright in front of me again, they got nowhere…

I don't put in drive times as long as that, probably no more than 2 hours at a stretch. But I'm 6'4" and I have never felt cramped. As far as speed, I never go that fast so I don't know.

OP
OP
hiimmike

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
  • Banned
I love my Jeep, but man, you're not kidding.

In the ~9 months since I've owned it, we've driven:
- Nashville to Texas
- Texas to Florida and back
- Fort Worth to San Antonio and back (2x)
- Fort Worth to Colorado Springs and back

And I have a daily (M-Th) ~30 mile round trip all highways to take my daughters to school.

The dead pedal helps, but man. And heaven forbid there's wind more than 5MPH.

I've gotten to where I just hang out in the right lane with the cruise set on 70 and enjoy the ride. Trying to go any faster than that is a waste of effort and $$.

But man, I love my Jeep.
Thank you for sympathizing! 😁

Sponsored

OP
OP
hiimmike

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
  • Banned
I don't put in drive times as long as that, probably no more than 2 hours at a stretch. But I'm 6'4" and I have never felt cramped. As far as speed, I never go that fast so I don't know.
At 6’4” where do you position you seat so your legs aren’t all weird and knees twisted and crooked? My freaking legs from knees down were asleep for 1/2 the ride.

Carolina Jeeper

First Name
Rollie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Electronics Technician at R. J. Reynolds
I guess I'm tougher than some since I've driven about 15 hours straight through from Oklahoma to North Carolina. It wasn't terrible for me, but my legs do get stiff and I just get tired of being on the road that long.

The Wrangler is definitely uncomfortable on long trips and I'm sure it's worse for taller people. The seat bottoms need an angle adjustment that could help taller or shorter people.

angrynewyorker

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gobi 22 JLUR XR

I’d say that maybe it just doesn’t fit you. I’ve done 15 hour road trips in a JK and many 7 and 12 hour road trips in the JL and find them extremely comfortable and are my favorite vehicle to road trip in. I’m never sore or fatigued after long trips, but I found my 4Runner TRD Pros to be the absolute worst road trip vehicles. Legs and butt start hurting an hour in and only get worse from there. I’m 6 foot tall and 180 for reference.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x

CAUTION— this forum has been infiltrated by a Consumer Reports Plant!! PS, you left out way to hard seats.😉

Sponsored

jaymz

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon Unlimited
I tow my 3000lb. boat 250 miles to the river 6-8 times a year at 70-80mph with no issues whatsoever.

I must be doing something wrong.

JABCAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GC High Altitude 4x4, '22 JLU on order
Occupation
College Professor
I, too, found our JKU fine for long road trips. Tbh, there’s no reason to try to go, or maintain, 90 mph in a Wrangler. However it does maintain 75-80 just fine (speed limits are 70-75 down here).

Now way back, my ‘94 Sahara wasn’t the best for long trips or highway driving. That brick topped out at 65 mph if going down hill with a stiff wind at your back.

smokeythecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys Sport 2-door, 2019 Mini Cooper S
At 6’4” where do you position you seat so your legs aren’t all weird and knees twisted and crooked? My freaking legs from knees down were asleep for 1/2 the ride.
After I put cruise control on my left leg extends nicely to the left of the brake pedal and the right leg goes in between the brake pedal and the accelerator pedal. At least I'm pretty sure that is what is going on. I have felt comfortable enough that I'm not paying super close attention. But also, don't you stop at regular intervals to stretch or walk around?

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
What’s wrong with you nancies? 😂

I’m a tall, well-fed dude and I love the Wrangler for long road trips. Did a thousand miles in one day recently and it was good. Easily as comfy as my old 4Runner.

(I call you nancies just to rib, not in any serious way. I know comfort is very subjective.)

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
??? Drove a 2019 Sahara 2.0T from Houston to Sheridan, WY in summer of 2019 and it is what convinced me to buy a Rubicon a few months later. The only issue I had was buffeting on the roof which I fixed in my Rubicon with a pool noodle.

I have driven from Houston and back to:

Big Sky, Montana
Yellowstone NP (2x)
Dillon, CO
Colorado Springs, CO (4x)

I find my Wrangler as comfortable as any other vehicle I have owned and there have been a fair number of them.
Sponsored

Last edited: