Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
  • Banned
Has anyone seen a cargo cover made out of fabric, such that (and unlike a cargo box) it's easily collapsible and storable within the rig when situations arise that find us transporting tall items in the cargo area when passenger seats can't be dropped because they hold passengers...

while also is strong enough, when installed, to permit items--even heavy items-- to be stored above it like a cargo box?

I was thinking that maybe some GPCA product (like their Pro cover) for the JK might do this with straps incorporated into the cargo cover that tighten against their tie down D plate product:

https://www.gpca.us/shop/tie-down-d-plate/

(I have GPCA's JL solution on back order...so we'll see about this product "fitting the bill")

Essentially I seek the strength of a cargo box's ability to have gear stored above it, and the collapsibility and small storage of fabric when the cover gets in the way of tall item storage.

I appreciate that some cargo box covers can hinge up to the angle of the back of the back seats to facilitate such storage.

The screws in the JL tub which hold down the hardtop, otherwise closest to the back seats, are still distanced from these seats, making the area forward of them, but behind the back seats, prone to fabric sagging short of some hardware based solution (unlike what's pictured in the GPCA photo, which I presume is of a JK.)

Thanks.
Sponsored