First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Plumbing, HVAC, Electrical
Anyone else have any issues with the full Fab Four tube doors on a JL? I just got them this week. Glad I decided to put them together even though its still freezing cold. Even with this spacer they give you it hits the frame and doesn’t latch. I wont hear from them until Monday most likely so just seeing if anyone else has these and they work or the same problem?

FFE7D2A8-C6AB-49D1-8DFC-E6C5544D91F7.jpeg
Sponsored

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Hey were you able to fix this? I just got mine and I haven’t put it together yet but just checking up on this if I run into the same issues

Platinum7990

First Name
Zeb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2021 Rubicon 392 & 2022 Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Cybersecurity
Hey sorry I got my doors and am running into the same issues. Can you tell me if you were able to fix it ?

j_anthony2000

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have the half doors and have had several conversations with Fab Fours regarding the design and the installation issue. Although they are super nice, I have stressed my concern to them and am still in the process of sending in photos of these issues. They will tell you that you should be adjusting the striker latch / plate for it to latch correctly. I didn't really like this answer because it could have been worked into the latch design. I had to use completely different bolts and spacers to allow the door to latch further away from the door frame so that door wouldn't hit the paint. Facing the drivers door, it's the lower right corner that would hit first and that dictates the amount of additional spacing needed for the latch position. A few tips: Fab Fours are recommending on their website JK mirrors (from Quadratec) to be mounted to their door / mirror bracket. https://www.quadratec.com/products/13111_0333_14.htm

You also will need to use the JK door hinge pin nuts. The JL hinge pin nuts are too long. The latch they use on their doors is a prefab latch designed from the JK specs. I just wish the install was a bit easier and for the cost of these doors, it should fit perfectly, which is does not.
Fab Fours stated to send them install photos to [email protected] and they will assist in figuring out a solution. Maybe if we flood them with install issues, they will rework the latch design.

CarlasJeepRubicon

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Commercial / Print Packaging Rep.
Absolute B/S.... Fab Fours should step up to the plate and fix the issue! I purchased these doors for our 2021 JLU for a hefty price and not to come with the correct door latches is pure B/S! They either don't have the technology to rework current products or have excessive inventory and are blowing it off telling us we need to adjust our Latch hoop. . Guess what, we cannot adjust our Latch hoop! (2 holes - 2 screws and it doesn't adjust)

I've made numerous complaints to Fab Fours without a reply.

I've warranteed' these doors with Fab Fours with no reply.

Being a US company, I wonder why they are not more responsive.

It's been a month since receiving the doors and not being able to install them correctly due the latch issue- I decided to cut additional latch spacers out of 1/4" shatter proof Acrylic. It's works well but looks stupid from the outside, the door handle is recessed in by 1/2 and doesn't look flush like the rear doors. Very Disappointed and considering returning them for a refund!
Sponsored