First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
iamkraze.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I've had multiple problems with them as well..

1. I replaced the traction control module on an older car I had and needed the gear ratio updated on the module. This is an easy change but they called me 2 hours later telling me the mechanic had trouble getting it to work and was going to charge me more than the agreed upon price. Turns out the tech blew a fuse and couldnt figure out why it wasnt communicating. I told them it worked the moment I dropped it off and handed them the keys because I was monitoring it with my own OBDII sensor to drive it to the destination. They ended up taking a portion off of the overall work but it still wasn't the agreed upon price. I was stuck though as only a dealer can reprogram the module.

2. I bought a new wrangler and it was overheating. I made an appointment to see them and limped it to them. I sat in line and it allowed the engine to cool off. I explained to them that the engine is overheating and they need to take a look. The jeep only had 300 miles on it at the time so I wasn't going to even bother looking at it. They told me I needed to "show them" it overheating. So I angrily drove around the block until the engine was in the red so they could see me actively damaging the engine. Never understood that one...

3. Made an appointment for an oil change.. dude told me that his techs went to lunch together and it would be atleast 2 hours before I could get the vehicle back. I asked why I even needed to make an appointment then. Turns out they dont even utilize them for oil changes.

OP
OP

spenat

First Name
nat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 sting grey JLUR
Clubs

yeah

had an appt today

Three things wanted done

1. paint bubbles looked at and documented and hopefully set up to get fixed, literally told " go to another dealer "

for the seatbelt recall and oil change, " 5 hours" can wait out side or come back , no ride home etc.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Lew (Can't remember how to correctly spell his name), from Buena Park Jeep (Premier Jeep) has always been decent with me. Reading so many horror stories about Jeep Service, the bar was set pretty low and while the service times don't always pan out, he's very friendly at the least. Helped me with no issues to perform my steering box tsb and 1 oil change.

WAOLIFE

First Name
Adrian & Josie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUM - 3.6L - Sky Touch & 2015 WK2O - 3.6L - IG: @wa0life
Occupation
Fiddler of Parts
Thats all

They literally could give two foxes about customers and re-calls/ warranty work
90% of Jeep dealerships suck arse!

Sponsored

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

F Scott Robinson? Is he related to F Scott Fitzgerald?

40”JLURD

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Bad Mother Fucker
I've had multiple problems with them as well..

1. I replaced the traction control module on an older car I had and needed the gear ratio updated on the module. This is an easy change but they called me 2 hours later telling me the mechanic had trouble getting it to work and was going to charge me more than the agreed upon price. Turns out the tech blew a fuse and couldnt figure out why it wasnt communicating. I told them it worked the moment I dropped it off and handed them the keys because I was monitoring it with my own OBDII sensor to drive it to the destination. They ended up taking a portion off of the overall work but it still wasn't the agreed upon price. I was stuck though as only a dealer can reprogram the module.

2. I bought a new wrangler and it was overheating. I made an appointment to see them and limped it to them. I sat in line and it allowed the engine to cool off. I explained to them that the engine is overheating and they need to take a look. The jeep only had 300 miles on it at the time so I wasn't going to even bother looking at it. They told me I needed to "show them" it overheating. So I angrily drove around the block until the engine was in the red so they could see me actively damaging the engine. Never understood that one...

3. Made an appointment for an oil change.. dude told me that his techs went to lunch together and it would be atleast 2 hours before I could get the vehicle back. I asked why I even needed to make an appointment then. Turns out they dont even utilize them for oil changes.
Every single time I call it’s at least 3.5 hours for an oil change! Ridiculous!!!!

I’m only bothering with it since the diesel is kind of a bitch to do an oil change on and expensive and I’ve got like 4 free from Jeep wave. After that definitely never using them again

Pig-Pen

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Occupation
jabroni
Clubs

Every single time I call it’s at least 3.5 hours for an oil change! Ridiculous!!!!

I’m only bothering with it since the diesel is kind of a bitch to do an oil change on and expensive and I’ve got like 4 free from Jeep wave. After that definitely never using them again
can you take it to another dealer for the oil change?

Spaffy

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL 2Dr Willys, '16 Ram 2500, '69 Dodge Polara
I see some things never change.

In 2013 I purchased a brand new Dodge Charger RT from Scott Robinson in Torrance. Worst vehicle buying experience I have ever had.

I was using Trucar through my bank and they were a verified Trucar partner dealership that had the exact car that I wanted, on the lot, that perfectly mirrored my Trucar "garunteed price."

They agreed to honor the Trucar price. I gave them the Trucar agreement with everything listed in black and white.

Sales manager came back in and said they "lost the paperwork" and weren't able to honor it without those papers. I smiled and said no problem; what's your email? I have a copy here on my phone. He was not pleased, but I sent it to him.

You could tell the "new" smart phone age was really pissing off this sales manager.

He then tried to get me a "better deal" and "save me money" by talking about what he could offer me- all in terms of monthly price. Never once mentioning final price. I politely declined.

I went into the finance office to sign paperwork and they hand me a loan application. I inform the finance writer, as I had informed the sales manager, I was using my own bank to finance the vehicle and have the pre-approval. She was surprised and said she was informed I wanted to finance through the dealer by the sales manager.

Next hurdle, the price was about $7,500 more than I was expecting / what was agreed upon.

I went over the agreement with a fine-tooth comb.

They attempted to add a $3,500 extended warranty plan, a $2,500 pre-paid service plan, and a $1,500 Mopar vehicle tracking option to the purchase contract without ever mentioning one word about any of these things to me, or informing me they were adding these to the purchase agreement.

Had I not read the contract and just signed it, I would have never known about these charges.

Sequentially, each time I informed the finance writer I did not want these items the sales manager had to be called into the office to authorize their removal (and try to sell me the product.)

In the end I was able to get the deal I wanted, after wasting 6 hours of my life in "negotiations" to get a garunteed price.

I guess I've had pretty good luck with every other dealership I've dealt with. Scott Robinson is the only one I've felt has treated me like a third rate used car dealership, trying to pull the wool over my eyes at every opertunity.

I would never buy (or service) a vehicle from that group ever again. I would rather pay more at another dealer than be treated that way again.

bikeindirt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURD
Lew (Can't remember how to correctly spell his name), from Buena Park Jeep (Premier Jeep) has always been decent with me. Reading so many horror stories about Jeep Service, the bar was set pretty low and while the service times don't always pan out, he's very friendly at the least. Helped me with no issues to perform my steering box tsb and 1 oil change.
funny you say that,,,

Had an issue with my 2 month old JLURD,,, The dealer in Tustin's service was so bad I was in shock, they had my Jeep for >5 days and never even popped the hood...refused to give me an estimate as to when they would pop the hood... I was at a complete loss for words,,,

I got a recommendation from a friend, had it towed it from Tustin to Buena Park Premier (that was fun)... Problem solved the day it got dropped off....The guys at Buena Park were friendly, with clear communication, and done. Nothing over the top or extreme, they just did the job.

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
@RobTrachtman at tuttle click Irvine is the man to talk to in California.. 4% below invoice no fees, no accessories, and finances rates are rock bottom.. Also he is super nice, responsive and helpful.. I have bought 2 Wranglers from him.
Sponsored