Sponsored

ExtremeTerrain.com - very poor customer service experience

BlizzyBlizz83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon (White)
Just wanted to share an extremely poor customer experience I had with extremeterrain.com as a warning to others.

They sent out an offer saying if I spent $250, then they would give me a $50 coupon code. I spent the $250 just for that reason and followed all the rules, but they failed to send me the $50 code. No problem, I just reached out to them to remind them to send it to me. When I did, they *acknowledged* that it was their mistake, that they messed up and didn't send me the coupon, but then they 100% refused to do anything about it whatsoever. They literally agreed 100% that it was there fault but then refused to do anything at all to make it right. Was shocked and have never been treated like that as a customer anywhere. Felt like a complete and total scam. I've made a fair number of orders from them and spent thousands of dollars but will never buy from them again.
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, that is what happens when business is too good.

Quadratec is not being its responsive usual these days, either. I inquired about a winch via a PM; took them a few days to respond. Which is fine. I responded last Thursday that I am ready to move ahead; it is now Tuesday...crickets so far... Sent a follow up PM this morning...still nothing...

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
Yeah, that is what happens when business is too good.

Quadratec is not being its responsive usual these days, either. I inquired about a winch via a PM; took them a few days to respond. Which is fine. I responded last Thursday that I am ready to move ahead; it is now Tuesday...crickets so far...
Call them or use their chat. Ive bought a few things from them for the past few months, Ive called them anf chat with them with no issues. Last chat the guy was a bit rude but answer my questions anyway.

Ive had a somewhat bad experience with ET last year. Quadratec has offered flawless customer service and great deals.

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Call them or use their chat. Ive bought a few things from them for the past few months, Ive called them anf chat with them with no issues. Last chat the guy was a bit rude but answer my questions anyway.
Yeah. I may have to do that. In the past they indicated PM was the best way to get a forum member discount.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Well, I need to take that back.

Twenty minutes after posting the above, I got my response from Quadratec!

Placed an order for the winch. It is back ordered until Dec. 1. Oh well...

Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I am struggling to understand what is going on here.

i understand the supply-chain issues. I don’t understand the customer service issues. Pick the company. many are struggling on the customer service front and I am unsure as to why. I had a question for (an unnamed jeep parts/supplies company). I emailed. They normally respond in a day. 2 or 3-weeks later...... I got a response with a “sorry it took us so long.....”

I don’t understand the problem.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Perhaps working from home has killed productivity.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
I am struggling to understand what is going on here.

i understand the supply-chain issues. I don’t understand the customer service issues. Pick the company. many are struggling on the customer service front and I am unsure as to why. I had a question for (an unnamed jeep parts/supplies company). I emailed. They normally respond in a day. 2 or 3-weeks later...... I got a response with a “sorry it took us so long.....”

I don’t understand the problem.
Maybe their CSR died of COVID.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Just wanted to share an extremely poor customer experience I had with extremeterrain.com as a warning to others.

They literally agreed 100% that it was there fault but then refused to do anything at all to make it right.

I've made a fair number of orders from them and spent thousands of dollars but will never buy from them again.
Extreme Terrain is one of this forum’s sponsors. Your experience doesn’t seem normal.

@XTJake is a direct contact.

Why not reach out directly to Jake and ExtremeTerrain via a private message? See if he can sort it out for you.

You might find the PM more effective than logging in, blasting the company and then threatening to boycott them because you didn’t get what you wanted.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
I don’t understand the customer service issues
Who knows? Maybe they have 1,000’s of emails and order issues that they’re sorting thru and the influx of customer emails keeps piling on and doesn’t stop? Maybe they don’t have a full staff? Someone took PTO? Who knows?

Sponsored

OP
OP

BlizzyBlizz83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon Recon (White)
Extreme Terrain is one of this forum’s sponsors. Your experience doesn’t seem normal.

@XTJake is a direct contact.

Why not reach out directly to Jake and ExtremeTerrain via a private message? See if he can sort it out for you.

You might find the PM more effective than logging in, blasting the company and then threatening to boycott them because you didn’t get what you wanted.
For what it’s worth, we exchanged 16 emails back and forth. I asked if they would please escalate to someone more senior and was told there was no one else they would to escalate to, and repeatedly told that they would not provide a coupon or credit, despite them admitting that it was their mistake in not sending it to me. Before posting anything on here, I made it clear to them that I was going to tell my story in reviews and on forums to warn others, and they didn’t care. I also told them I was going to cancel my open order (which I did) and return another recent order, and they didn’t care about that either. So I gave them lots of chances to make it right before saying something publicly about it.

The only explanation I was given is that the $50 off $299 coupon was supposed to be sent to me and used between 10/7 and 10/14, so I should have contacted them back then to let them know that they messed up and didn’t hold up their end of the bargain by sending me the code. I was busy with work, have never tried a deal like this before, and trusted them to send it sooner or later, so I wasn’t overly concerned when it didn’t arrive right on time. When I told them I still hadn’t seen it on 10/24, they acknowledged that I followed all the rules and that it was their mistake but said since I didn’t immediately notify them, there is absolutely nothing they will do for me now.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Retail promos like that are social traps. Most retailers offer some spin on it and what makes it worse is when they tie the consumer down to redeeming an earned voucher of some sort within a short, limited time window.

In the time that you spent spending your money to all the back and forth with them to creating your JLWF account and then putting them on blast.... you’ve spent far more time, mental energy and effort on something doesn’t really deserve that much effort.

I’d encourage you not to shop at places where you don’t feel valued as a consumer and I would also recommend avoiding social traps.

Foster1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
I've posted this here before. Nothing new.

Some guy on the tacoma forums got sent 2 passenger side, side steps. On Tacoma's, the mounting holes are different on each side. The guy called extreme terrain to tell them, they said too bad. Now the guy is stuck with 2 side steps for the passenger side. What kind of company does that?

Whoever tagged someone who works there, he hasn't posted since January 2019, so I'm sure that'll get you real far if you contact him lol

neeesack

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, Granite Crystal
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I've posted this here before. Nothing new.

Some guy on the tacoma forums got sent 2 passenger side, side steps. On Tacoma's, the mounting holes are different on each side. The guy called extreme terrain to tell them, they said too bad. Now the guy is stuck with 2 side steps for the passenger side. What kind of company does that?

Whoever tagged someone who works there, he hasn't posted since January 2019, so I'm sure that'll get you real far if you contact him lol
Hm, interesting, I had a similar problem, albeit opposite experience, with some Barricade rock sliders from XT back in June/July. I received the sliders with no packaging whatsoever, so the powder coat was all scratched and rusted, and no washers for install. I reached out to them online and the service rep emailed me a return label and new set of sliders and hardware (completely packaged this time). All I had to do was duct tape the original box and head over to UPS before they could send the new sliders.
Sponsored