BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM MegaCab, 2018 Jeep JL, 2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
Where can we get footage of this race?
Unfortunately there wasn't a live feed at this race so the only footage would be video posted by individuals that were there. You can search Ultra4 Metalcloak Stampede and find some footage.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is a race car that hasn't been on it's lid really a race car?

We've rolled our car a handful of times (I say we, I'm the only member of the team that has driven it to so far never go over in it, regardless of seat. Dad, Brother, and Grandma have all gone over).

Glad everyone is okay, and I hope the radiator is the only problem!
lol, I think I would have been fine with having a race car that's never been on its lid. ;)

Qurtyslyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
lol, I think I would have been fine with having a race car that's never been on its lid. ;)
You and me both. I think we've rolled ours 6 times now. Most of the time it's not too bad, but Dad and brother went over at 55 Mph once, that was a fun recovery and fix.

Gerry878

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport
Occupation
Banker
Just read this whole thread and I’m so amazed by what you have done with your JL. Thankful to have people like you who put blood sweat and tears into our platform. Cheers!!!

Sponsored

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
From their FB page:

Great weekend of racing at the Ultra4 Nationals. Hard break for our 4655 car as a driveline issue took the out of the race in the main rock pile. Our 4832 had a solid run finishing 11th place and our 4622 fought till the very end and took the 3rd place podium finish! Great job to all of our team!

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any updates?
Sorry, I've been slacking on posting updates. Here's a quick recap of our 1st season with the JL...

1- KOH: We timed out at mile marker 112 finishing 12th after stopping to help a fellow competitor that rolled over and was injured.
2- Stampede: We rolled in practice and had substantial damage. Fixed in time for the main but overheated due to a cut radiator hose that was a result of the rollover but got missed when we were trying to get the car fixed. DNF
3- Ultra4 North race 1: 1st place
4- Ultra4 North race 3: 2nd place
5- Ultra4 National Championship: 3 place.

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just read this whole thread and I’m so amazed by what you have done with your JL. Thankful to have people like you who put blood sweat and tears into our platform. Cheers!!!
Thank you for the kind words. Its a passion that can't be explained....lol

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From their FB page:

Great weekend of racing at the Ultra4 Nationals. Hard break for our 4655 car as a driveline issue took the out of the race in the main rock pile. Our 4832 had a solid run finishing 11th place and our 4622 fought till the very end and took the 3rd place podium finish! Great job to all of our team!
Yup, we took 3rd place at the Ultra4 National Championship in Reno, NV. Here's a few pics from that race.

Nationals.jpg

Nationals1.jpg

Nationals2.jpg

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Sorry, I've been slacking on posting updates. Here's a quick recap of our 1st season with the JL...

1- KOH: We timed out at mile marker 112 finishing 12th after stopping to help a fellow competitor that rolled over and was injured.
2- Stampede: We rolled in practice and had substantial damage. Fixed in time for the main but overheated due to a cut radiator hose that was a result of the rollover but got missed when we were trying to get the car fixed. DNF
3- Ultra4 North race 1: 1st place
4- Ultra4 North race 3: 2nd place
5- Ultra4 National Championship: 3 place.
Congrats on quite the recovery!

That's a busy season. Watching more and more myself, and can't imagine taking some of those lines at those speeds! Beast mode. Best of luck to your next season.

Sponsored

Qurtyslyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
What races you looking at for next year? I'd love to see it in person.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The JK was supposed to be there this year but catastrophic failure changed that....lol. The JL will be there next year though. ;)
Are you still going to have the JL at SEMA? Do you have a booth number? I'd love to swing by and check it out while I'm there

BrandonB00

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sport S, 2006 Wrangler,
I love the fact that you guys trailered the brand new Jeep home. The poor thing couldn’t even stretch its legs before you chopped it up.
Can’t wait to see the final results!!
They started out driving it but the dead spot in the steering made it too dangerous.

Awesome build!!!

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you still going to have the JL at SEMA? Do you have a booth number? I'd love to swing by and check it out while I'm there
Sorry I missed this. Actually the JL did not make it to SEMA however our JT did.

Sebuh

First Name
Sebuh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport Unlimited
Will you be at KOH 2020?
Sponsored