Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Savvy bumpers showed up and will be sent out to powder coat.

savvybumpers.jpg
Those look great! Aluminum? Do you know if those are available to the public yet or are those a "sponsor special"? Just curious. I've been looking into aluminum options for weight savings and corrosion resistance (living in NY). Excellent build so far, stuff like this ends up teaching everyone more about the JL platform so I'm pretty excited to see this progress.
Sponsored

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RAM MegaCab, 2018 Jeep JL, 2020 Jeep Gladiator LE
Those look great! Aluminum? Do you know if those are available to the public yet or are those a "sponsor special"? Just curious. I've been looking into aluminum options for weight savings and corrosion resistance (living in NY). Excellent build so far, stuff like this ends up teaching everyone more about the JL platform so I'm pretty excited to see this progress.
Hi Scott,

Yes these bumpers are aluminum (with the exception of the winch plate and stinger) and the front should be available soon. The rear in the picture is a prototype and my guess is the production piece will be slightly different.

We are finding the JL platform to be very similar to the JK and yet very different. It has definitely been a learning experience for us building this Jeep and I hope to be able to share more information that should help everyone understand the JL better soon.

Thanks, Bill

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's the list we ended up with when we created our build plan.

BUILD LIST

Axles - Currie VXR60's (off the shelf with race prep)
Gears - Yukon 5.38 (race polished)
Lockers - Yukon Competition Grizzly front and Yukon Competition Zip rear (Yukon compressor)
Driveshafts - Adams Driveshafts 1350 front and rear
Suspension - Custom Rock Krawler / Currie / CRC long arm with 3 link front and double triangulated rear with 3" stretch. (7075 aluminum links)
Shocks - 12" front and 14" rear
Swaybars - Currie AntiRock front and rear
BumpStops - Daystar "Air" Bumps at all 4 corners with PRP limit straps
Wheels - DirtyLife Roadkill 17x9 beadlocks
Tires - AMP Tires MT 35x12.50R17
Half doors - Savvy
Armor - Savvy Offroad
aluminum front and rear bumpers. Hybrid aluminum and steel rocker armor
Under belly armor - Artec Industries full aluminum belly armor system customized to work with factory gas tank removed and accommodate the double triangulated long arm rear suspension.
Winch - Warn 9.0RC with Masterpull Superline XD synthetic rope and Factor55 Hook Link and fairlead
Roll cage - Custom BrawlerFab 1.75" DOM
Seats/Harnesses - PRP Alpha composite race seats and 5 point harnesses for both driver and co-driver
Fresh Air System - Rugged Radios M3 carbon fiber dual air pumper system
Electronics - sPOD for accessories and lighting, Tazor for calibrations and Superchips TrailCal for telemetry
Lighting - Rigid Industries custom Adapt pod system front and rear
Comunications - Rugged Radios race radio and intercom flush mounted into factory dash
GPS - Lowrance HDS7 Carbon Baja flush mounted into factory dash (replacing factory radio)
Fuel System - Pyrotect custom fuel cell with factory style fuel pump module and dual Aeromotive fuel pumps
Cooling System - Griffin aluminum radiator with separate transmission cooler/spal fan
Graphics/Wrap - Xenia Race Wraps
Fluids - Mopar
from Enumclaw CJDR

Specs
Target weight - 4000 lbs
Wheelbase - 99.8"
Width - 83" bulge to bulge
Suspension travel - 12" front and 14" rear

Sponsored

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Few more pictures from this weekend. Cage should be done by next weekend....would be sooner except I am SEMA bound and won't be back until Saturday. ;)

image1.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image2.jpeg

IMG_3407.jpg

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got more done today and will finish up the cage tomorrow. Before anyone tells me "needs more triangulation", not all the pieces are tacked in place in these pictures. I will post pictures of the finished cage tomorrow. ;)

JL11.jpg

JL12.jpg

JL13.jpg

JL14.jpg

JL15.jpg

Sponsored

Qurtyslyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
I'm less familiar with the rock racer classes, what are the rules on suspension in the class you'll be running?

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm less familiar with the rock racer classes, what are the rules on suspension in the class you'll be running?
Great question! The class that we run in (4600 Stock Class) in Ultra4 allows for 1 shock (2.65" body maximum) per corner, no coilovers or bypass shocks unless they came with them from the factory, must be same style suspension as stock so if it came with leaf springs, you must run leaf springs and a maximum of 3" (+ or -) change in wheelbase. We are also limited to a 35" tall DOT tire. Body cannot be modified with the exception of half doors or tube doors. No frame modifications. You can run custom or aftermarket bumpers. There's quite a bit more but this will give you an idea of what we must deal with.

Qurtyslyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR
Stock mounting locations for the shocks or can you move them?

OP
OP
BosRacing

BosRacing

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stock mounting locations for the shocks or can you move them?
You can move them but the lower shock mounts must be on the axles.