Sponsored

Extreme Terrain

Quatloo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 willys diesel in snazzberry
Beware extreme terain. When E T says they have something in stock it is not necessarily true. After 14 days of items not being shipped i called. Was told the order was originally set to ship directly from Bilstein. Because no one a E T follows up on orders it was not caught when Bilstein didn't ship. If i hadn't called it would never have been discovered. I thought at the very least they would correct the problem quickly. But that was not the case, in fact the couldn't even guarantee it would ship this week. Everybody has their own experience, just saying be weary of shipping dates.
Sponsored

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I really don't like dropshipping. I can see how it saves money, and those savings are probably passed down to me in some way. However I always feel a little ripped off. Why am I paying for a middle man who is just passing the order on to someone else rather than just eliminating the middle man altogether?

With that said, extreme terrain has been very good to me in the past. Everyone has their own stories, but I feel the people at ET are very thoughtful and helpful. I do not know anything about why or how your order got lost in the process but I would believe that they will do everything they can to get it sorted for you.

fat_head

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Had a similar experience with Quadratec. Ordered the part and paid for 2 day shipping. I'm not sure if the item officially said in stock or not, but it did say it ships from a third party. Took 8 days to ship it.

That really chafes my ass when I pay for expedited shipping and it takes 8 days to ship.

bigfishbobby

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Rubicon, 2021 Willys
I just want the $400+ dollars of mine that they have to be returned to me. 10 business days from the time they receive the product back just to process a refund back to a credit card is a bit long if you ask me.

Sponsored

Ten North Prez

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR, Toyota 4th Gen V8 4 Runner
Had the same thing happen last year with another Vendor because Bilstein dropped the ball. Might not be on Extreme Terrain although I agree if they sold it you shouldn't be the one to tell them it never shipped.

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
There are LOTS of dudes running ā€œoff road partsā€ businesses online who are really just sitting in their pajamas playing middle man for drop-shipping. Itā€™s very easy to do, with low startup costs.

Some of these guys are great and will hustle for the customer and provide honest information and add some value.

And some of them are just winging it with a website and some drop shipping contracts but no real knowledge of whatā€™s going on.

As always, caveat emptor.

C.Sco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 4xe Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Had a similar experience with Quadratec. Ordered the part and paid for 2 day shipping. I'm not sure if the item officially said in stock or not, but it did say it ships from a third party. Took 8 days to ship it.

That really chafes my ass when I pay for expedited shipping and it takes 8 days to ship.
Same - 2 weeks ago I placed an order for around 8 items with Quadratec, and out of those, 3 items shipped immediately with tracking numbers, 1 shipped about a week later and just arrived yesterday. And the other 4 items? Nobody has any idea where they are. Seems to be especially problematic with Mopar parts, which I think mostly get drop shipped by various Jeep dealerships around the country.

mrtm1970

First Name
Marshall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Had no problems from Extreme Terrain, Northridge 4X4, Morris 4X4, 4 Wheel Parts.

ONLY issue (MY OWN FAULT for not completely reading the return policy before ordering) is the Northridge 4X4 return policy. If you are not completely sure if you are going to use/install an item and might return it, DO NOT purchase it unless you know FOR SURE! I LOVE Northridge 4X4 and their prices, but I bit myself in the butt by purchasing some things I ended up not using/installing and returning it saw not cost prohibited...BUT I still ended up ordering from Northridge 4X4 what I did want for $300 less than Retail.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I'm waiting for a drop ship item as I type this post. The product listing did include mention of a 30 day lead time, so I won't make any inquiries until at least Day 31, if necessary. That's fair.

The order concerns a non-critical, non-Jeep-related item. That, and the price variance between my selected vendor and the [few] others, is why I decided to take a chance with drop shipping, which is something I usually avoid.

Sponsored

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
Crazy enough, the reason why I ended up ordering my step/rail from Extreme Terrain was after reading on this site about the "ghost town" like way Quadratec was operating at times since last year.

I haven't ordered anything from them or any other middle man sites since, but these types of posts aren't making me jump to order again šŸ˜‘

JP29

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport
I get the drop shipping woes. But haven't had any problems with XT. Frankly, their open box offerings are often a great way to get a steal on stuff I've wanted for ages - I just ordered some Oracle fogs from them at half off.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Iā€™ve ordered a bunch from ET, but not recently. Iā€˜ve had very good experiences with them. My issues have been my fault or FedEx.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I've had the same issues with other vendors and have had to make all of the contacts in order to find out the products were no longer available, from the manufacturer. Had I not gone directly to the manufacturer I would have been left wondering for months...yep, months. The vendor didn't even contact the manufacturer to know if the items on their website were currently in production (meaning produced at all). So the vendor was advertising, and selling, items the manufacturer no longer made. That was cool.

Quadratec

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.quadratec.com
Vehicle(s)
CJ, YJ, XJ, TJ, JK, JL

Hello!

I am very sorry for the inconvenience and delay you experienced with your order. Unfortunately, when items are shipped 3rd party we do not have control over how quickly it leaves the vendor's warehouse. Any time frame on the product page is based on the turnaround time that the manufacturer provides to us. These are estimates and are subject to change, which is why it often says "usually ships in..." or "expected to ship.."
When you pay for expedited shipping, this changes the time the item is in transit, not the processing time before shipment. Again, I am very sorry for the trouble you endured. If this has not been resolved for you, feel free to send me a message with the order number and I can take a look. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Thank you,
Rebecca
Sponsored