• Total voters

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
For what its worth I think it is interesting that in every comparison video I've seen it is always a Jeep on 33's against a Bronco on 35s. Seems to me the Bronco is somewhat dependent on the SAS package to be competitive in its market -- probably not but it seems that way. That said, I'd say the SAS is a more 'valuable' upgrade to the Bronco than XR is to a Jeep. Jeep seems quite capable without it.
You are 100% correct. The Bronco must have the SAS package to meet the Wrangler on 33s Off-road specs. The Xtreme Recon blows that notion out of the water for Ford.

displayname

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
My JL Sahara with mopar headlocks and 2inch fox lift (basically Willy extreme recon specs) compared to a Sasquatch package bronco

Jeep Wrangler JL Extreme Recon Willys vs Sasquatch 335E59BE-0DDB-486D-8CAD-D5D9FECE4B06

Jeep Wrangler JL Extreme Recon Willys vs Sasquatch 335E59BE-0DDB-486D-8CAD-D5D9FECE4B06

These are great comparison pics! It's funny to me that next to each other, especially from the back, I start to think maybe the Bronco isn't really that much bigger. But whenever I see one in the wild my first thought is "that thing looks massive, and almost like a pain to drive."

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
For what its worth I think it is interesting that in every comparison video I've seen it is always a Jeep on 33's against a Bronco on 35s. Seems to me the Bronco is somewhat dependent on the SAS package to be competitive in its market -- probably not but it seems that way. That said, I'd say the SAS is a more 'valuable' upgrade to the Bronco than XR is to a Jeep. Jeep seems quite capable without it.
I fully agree with you. Without the sasquatch package, the bronco is a 4runner with a more rugged offroad look. And of course all trims need lockers, because it masks the lack of articulation when compared to the Jeep it was designed to compete against.

Many people like a certain rugged look nowadays, but don't want to lose the car like ride that they are used to from their previous cars and suvs. The Bronco was designed for that segment of the marketplace. They added some functional tidbits to give it enhanced capabilities over all the other suvs with the same suspension, but it's not on the same level as a Wrangler. The canned drive modes with their digital graphics of snow and mud are another indication of what type of buyer is being targeted.

Last edited:

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
I fully agree with you. Without the sasquatch package, the bronco is a Hyundai Sante Fe with a more rugged offroad look.
Disagree here. In terms of capability, a nonSquatch Bronco is basically a 4Runner. Solid rear. Independent front. Body-on-frame. Available rear locker. That’s all 4Runner. Even the sway bar disco is quite comparable to Toyota’s KDSS. Xterra and FJ had basically the same setup.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Disagree here. In terms of capability, a nonSquatch Bronco is basically a 4Runner. Solid rear. Independent front. Body-on-frame. Available rear locker. That’s all 4Runner. Even the sway bar disco is quite comparable to Toyota’s KDSS. Xterra and FJ had basically the same setup.
Yeah, I was just sneaking a little jab in with the Santa fe mention. I didn't think it was enough to discount the rest of the post. I'll change it to 4runner to not taint the main points that I feel are sound.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It did very well. Once the Bronco stops being vaporware, it’ll provide some solid competition for Jeep.
As much competition as Toyota already does anyway. If Toyota added a front locker option to the TRD Pro they would be in a dead heat with Bronco…

Outrun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392XR
I haven't even had my 392XR for a week and already I have hordes of people who want to have sex with me. Can't say the same for Sasquatch.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't even had my 392XR for a week and already I have hordes of people who want to have sex with me. Can't say the same for Sasquatch.
Bronco fans want to have sex with Sasquatch... 😫

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
The Bronco did well. I think the driver of the Bronco was a lot smoother in the way he drove over the rocks. I would attribute that to skill, experience, and a capable vehicle. I still like the Jeep more, but the Bronco in capable hands can go places.

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are a lot of capable vehicles out there, there is no question about it. They just aren’t straight axle that’s all. That is a huge difference in aggressive off road. You can put a lift and big tires on anything and pound it through the trails but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s good at at it or capable. We have a young fella in our group with a lift and big tires on Jeep Compass and you’d be surprised where he follows us.

Zandcwhite

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
Comparing base 4dr Bronco with Sasquatch to the Willy's xr isn't even close. The jeep does 0-60 in 6.6 seconds with the v6 and 4.56 gears, the 4cyl Bronco takes 8.5s to get there. Sure on a bumpy road the ifs will ride a little better, but I'll take the vehicle that's nearly 2s quicker for daily driving every time. As others have said, the Ford needs lockers for anything more difficult than a fire road as it will always have 1 or 2 tires in the air. The fit and finish is better in the Jeep as well. The Bronco hard tops squeak and rattle, the soft tops literally separate in the wind, pretty inconvenient if it's raining or snowing.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Comparing base 4dr Bronco with Sasquatch to the Willy's xr isn't even close. The jeep does 0-60 in 6.6 seconds with the v6 and 4.56 gears, the 4cyl Bronco takes 8.5s to get there. Sure on a bumpy road the ifs will ride a little better, but I'll take the vehicle that's nearly 2s quicker for daily driving every time. As others have said, the Ford needs lockers for anything more difficult than a fire road as it will always have 1 or 2 tires in the air. The fit and finish is better in the Jeep as well. The Bronco hard tops squeak and rattle, the soft tops literally separate in the wind, pretty inconvenient if it's raining or snowing.
For the record I was comparing the Bronco 2 door with 2.7 twin turbo V6 and Sasquatch package with the Willys Xtreme Recon 2.0T 4 door. To be exact. I probably should have clarified that.

The 4 door Bronco is fugly to me but the 2 door is really nice IMO. The proportions are perfect and has a great muscular stance. I would think the 2 door Bronco with Sasquatch would be pretty dam capable 🤔
Sponsored