Sponsored

Extreme Recon - Order

Geezpnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Does any one know if Wranglers 2021s and under are able to order the extreme package? Meaning for a used a jeep.
Thanks
Sponsored

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Does any one know if Wranglers 2021s and under are able to order the extreme package? Meaning for a used a jeep.
Thanks
Yes, as of August 2021 you could order from facotry a 2021 Rubicon or Rubicon 392 with the Xtreme Recon Package. So in theory you could find a used 2021 XR even tho it may be very very slim pickings due to the first XR's being delivered to people in September 2021.

OP
OP
Geezpnd

Geezpnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Oh wait I’m sorry! I didn’t specify. It’s for my own JLR 21 that I currently own. I was planning of building it my own, but the package seems reasonable.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
It's not really reasonable after the fact because almost no one is going to want BFG AT tires, so you'll want 35" tires of a flavor that is right for you, and there are so many aftermarket suspension set ups that you can find one that gets you a better set up for your conditions.

What about it do you like, that it's a one and done? Otherwise, what type of terrain do you wheel and choose options based on that.

E.O.D.

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
It's not really reasonable after the fact because almost no one is going to want BFG AT tires, so you'll want 35" tires of a flavor that is right for you, and there are so many aftermarket suspension set ups that you can find one that gets you a better set up for your conditions.

What about it do you like, that it's a one and done? Otherwise, what type of terrain do you wheel and choose options based on that.
I've not kept track in the forums much, since the Extreme Recon announcement on the Willys, but I'm curious if the axles are the standard width. If so, I'm curious of what they would cost.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Extreme Recon includes wide track axles, including the "heavy duty" front D44 (DJV)
Sponsored