Sponsored

Extreme Recon 35" Tire Package for 2-Door Rubicon?

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2-Door
Does anybody have any info on whether or not Jeep will be offering the Extreme Recon 35" tire package on the 2-door Rubicon? I would order one in a heartbeat if they offered that package in a 2-door.
Sponsored

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Hi,

Only rumor I have read was a manual transmission offering, which would be a nice option.

Regards,
Jim

At Risk Ute

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
milehightrails.com
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜94 YJ, ā€˜21 JLR, ā€˜22 JLUR XR, ā€˜23 392 XR
Occupation
Retired Navy
Same. This past summerā€™s press release said so along with the manual, but those are low priorities.

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
Remember that our 2drs are only a fraction of sales. Lots of folks driving Jeeps today wouldnā€™t even consider one if 4dr models werenā€™t available. I ā€œhopeā€ Jeep will push the 2dr, but wouldnā€™t bet on it.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
Why not just buy the tires from Costco or Discount Tire or Tire Rack? What do you like about the tire package? I'm not trying to argue, but understand. I see posts like this and wonder what the draw is. If I were buying tires, I certainly wouldn't pick those tires, but I always see people asking questions like this and it makes me wonder if there is something driving that decision that I'm just not thinking of. The Extreme Recon for example is a small lift and 35" tires, right? The rest is already available on a Rubicon.

I ordered a Rubicon with manual trans and 4.88 gearing. I'll pick up a set of 35" tires that perform better than the KO2s and it costs less...at least I think it gets me the same package (but better gearing and a manual two-door) for less money.

Sponsored

Jmos4

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Challenger Scat Pack M6/2007 Ram 2500 G56
Why not just buy the tires from Costco or Discount Tire or Tire Rack? What do you like about the tire package? I'm not trying to argue, but understand. I see posts like this and wonder what the draw is. If I were buying tires, I certainly wouldn't pick those tires, but I always see people asking questions like this and it makes me wonder if there is something driving that decision that I'm just not thinking of. The Extreme Recon for example is a small lift and 35" tires, right? The rest is already available on a Rubicon.

I ordered a Rubicon with manual trans and 4.88 gearing. I'll pick up a set of 35" tires that perform better than the KO2s and it costs less...at least I think it gets me the same package (but better gearing and a manual two-door) for less money.
Hi,

I too have a 22 JLUR 6mt 4.88's on order, but believe I read the XR's have different skid plates, and cast iron steering knuckles also the package is like a lot of the is cheaper with the few extras, like tire reinforcement, rims if you're after the beadlock capable rims, the fender flare splats, and the extra 1.5" lift, as for me not planning on a lift anytime soon, but 35's are on my radar.

Regards,
Jim

OP
OP
Mabar

Mabar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon, 2-Door

The Extreme Recon package comes from the factory with a lot more than just 35" tires.

Xtreme Recon 35-Inch Tire Package
$3,995
  • 110-MPH Vehicle Max Speed Calibration - I don't care about that
  • 17-Inch x 8.0-Inch Beadlock-Capable Wheel - Nice, but I probably won't use beadlocks
  • 35-Inch Tire Suspension - Small lift is just what I want
  • 4.56 Rear Axle Ratio - Perfect axle ratio (for me) for 35" tires
  • Anti-Lock 4-Wheel Disc Performance Brakes - Are these the same brakes that come on the regular Rubicon? I am not sure
  • 3rd Generation Heavy-Duty DanaĀ® 44 Front Axle
  • GVW Rating - 6,100 Pounds
  • LT315/70R17C 113/110S Tires - I love the BFG KO2 AT tires. Perfect for my style of driving and off-roading
  • Hinge-Gate Reinforcement by MoparĀ® - Not as strong as most aftermarket units, but fine for me
  • Jack Spacer by MoparĀ®
  • Tire Relocation Kit by MoparĀ®
  • Wheel-Flare Extensions
Plus, I would prefer the 35" tire package straight from the factory, without having to worry about wheel spacers, tire rubbing, death wobble, maybe a dealer telling me I voided the warranty with an aftermarket lift, etc.

I hope Jeep makes it available on 2-door models, but I am not holding my breath.

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Does anybody have any info on whether or not Jeep will be offering the Extreme Recon 35" tire package on the 2-door Rubicon? I would order one in a heartbeat if they offered that package in a 2-door.

It's already on the option list for the 4 door Rubicon V6. or 4T. I don't see it as an option for the 2 dr Rubicon right now.
Sponsored