Extra Wires in footwell please advice

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I opened the link you sent me and it says "REMOTE START" towards the bottom of grey area and I just remembered! My Jeep Wrangler doesn't have the remote start option! Most likely it could be that! I even found an aftermarket (remote start thingy) that you can apply and the wires and connector if you look closely they resemble the connector in my original pictures, just in different colour (blue for this aftermarket) since this is aftermarket! Anyways I think I'll leave it as is, based on what the dealer has told me, probably I shouldn't have even bothered looking that far down in the footwell to begin with.

61WXlEoIHVL._AC_SL1340_.jpg
Looks like you figured it out yourself.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Marios Pieris

Marios Pieris

First Name
Marios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2-Door 2021
Looks like you figured it out yourself.
Yeah, part of owning a Jeep experience I guess haha! I'll just leave it there I guess, in case in the future I wanna put that option! Thanks for all the replies! Much appreciated!

TXWRANGLER20

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hello, so is this group of wires in picture used for something? They appear to have a plastic red/black cap at their end so I assume they weren't hooked to something right? (below light at foot area driver side near/ in front of brake pedal. My guess is they are extra wires if user needs them.

IMG_20210428_180314.jpg
If you don't have heated seats or heated steering wheel they might be for the missing module for them, also located in that location would be the power inverter for 110volt power outlet. These are two options you may not have.

kieseki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Overland
Yeah, part of owning a Jeep experience I guess haha! I'll just leave it there I guess, in case in the future I wanna put that option! Thanks for all the replies! Much appreciated!
I just saw this thread and wanted to note that my RHD Australian JL has the exact same connector in the footwell. It is also not plugged to any device, but it's probably not to do with remote start or heated seats, since I have those features (these are standard features in the Australian Overland and Rubicon models).

Based on the colour of wires and comparing to the Vehicle Theft Security System wiring diagram, it is likely the connector for an Intrusion Transceiver Module, which for whatever reason, seems to not be deployed in our particular RHD vehicles in this connector. If the connector is indeed for the module, it may perhaps be due different design rules and standards for vehicle anti-theft devices. My RHD JL still has an alarm system (I know it works because I had accidentally triggered a few times before), but not sure how different the sensors and module are delivered here compared to the US.

In any case, like you, I will leave it alone and not worry about it.

OP
OP
Marios Pieris

Marios Pieris

First Name
Marios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2-Door 2021
I just saw this thread and wanted to note that my RHD Australian JL has the exact same connector in the footwell. It is also not plugged to any device, but it's probably not to do with remote start or heated seats, since I have those features (these are standard features in the Australian Overland and Rubicon models).

Based on the colour of wires and comparing to the Vehicle Theft Security System wiring diagram, it is likely the connector for an Intrusion Transceiver Module, which for whatever reason, seems to not be deployed in our particular RHD vehicles in this connector. If the connector is indeed for the module, it may perhaps be due different design rules and standards for vehicle anti-theft devices. My RHD JL still has an alarm system (I know it works because I had accidentally triggered a few times before), but not sure how different the sensors and module are delivered here compared to the US.

In any case, like you, I will leave it alone and not worry about it.
Good to know man! Right hand drive power here in Cyprus too!
Sponsored