Marios Pieris

Marios Pieris

First Name
Marios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2-Door 2021
Ok so I've called the dealer and they told me it is something normal. They were a bit surprised to be honest, that a customer called them for something so specific/technical, here in Cyprus Jeep culture/jeep modification/ car DIY is not as widespread as overseas especially for a new car. When I asked "is it used for something extra like putting on lights and stuff", he was like "don't attach any lights cause you'll lose the warranty!" :CWL: Thanks for all the responses

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Ok so I've called the dealer and they told me it is something normal. They were a bit surprised to be honest, that a customer called them for something so specific/technical, here in Cyprus Jeep culture/jeep modification/ car DIY is not as widespread as overseas especially for a new car. When I asked "is it used for something extra like putting on lights and stuff", he was like "don't attach any lights cause you'll lose the warranty!" :CWL: Thanks for all the responses
So what did he say it was for?

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I'm not sure that I'd believe that. First, that's not what the wiring harness for adding lights or aux accessories looks like (there is no connector on it, they are just bare wires covered with insulation). Second, adding lights voids the warranty? Ridiculous. The manual tells you where/how to do that and it's not at a connector like that.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

trailer brake wiring?

Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
yup and everyone was trying to debunk it. but thats the trailer brake harness for mopar
No it's not, the trailer brake harness is 4 wires not 6 like in the picture the OP posted.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure that I'd believe that. First, that's not what the wiring harness for adding lights or aux accessories looks like (there is no connector on it, they are just bare wires covered with insulation). Second, adding lights voids the warranty? Ridiculous. The manual tells you where/how to do that and it's not at a connector like that.
The dealer isn't saying connecting lights will void the warranty. He is saying if you connect lights to THAT harness you will void the warranty. Sounds like the dealer knows what it is but hasn't told the OP what it's for, just to not connect anything to it.

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
The dealer isn't saying connecting lights will void the warranty. He is saying if you connect lights to THAT harness you will void the warranty. Sounds like the dealer knows what it is but hasn't told the OP what it's for, just to not connect anything to it.
You're right, I re-read the OP and the dealer is definitely withholding information. I read it a little differently the first time.

OP: Don't attach anything to those wires, the dealer knows what it is and is not telling you. They are not for attaching lights or other accessories.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Marios Pieris

Marios Pieris

First Name
Marios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You're right, I re-read the OP and the dealer is definitely withholding information. I read it a little differently the first time.

OP: Don't attach anything to those wires, the dealer knows what it is and is not telling you. They are not for attaching lights or other accessories.
From what I can tell I think it is probably for them to attach something similar to the OBD I guess when the car is going for service and stuff cause they didn't tell me. He just said that its normal so I wouldn't mess with it. From his tone I understood that he must ve been like "why would you even ask me about that thing its technical/nothing you should care about." Anyway the car doesn't show me anything in the dash screens etc and everything is working fine.. Thanks for the responses

Last edited:

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

From what I can tell I think it is probably for them to attach something similar to the OBD I guess when the car is going for service and stuff cause they didn't tell me. He just said that its normal so I wouldn't mess with it. From his tone I understood that he must ve been like "why would you even ask me about that thing its technical/nothing you should care about." Anyway the car doesn't show me anything in the dash screens etc and everything is working fine.. Thanks for the responses

check the color coding of the wires. i assume that its white with a grey stripe, white with a blue stripe, solid white, white with violet strip, a solid black and a solid red. if so that the security plug for anti theft module transducer

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/VEHICLE-THEFT-SECURITY-SYSTEM.pdf

OP
OP
Marios Pieris

Marios Pieris

First Name
Marios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
check the color coding of the wires. i assume that its white with a grey stripe, white with a blue stripe, solid white, white with violet strip, a solid black and a solid red. if so that the security plug for anti theft module transducer

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/JL-Wiring-Diagrams/VEHICLE-THEFT-SECURITY-SYSTEM.pdf
I opened the link you sent me and it says "REMOTE START" towards the bottom of grey area and I just remembered! My Jeep Wrangler doesn't have the remote start option! Most likely it could be that! I even found an aftermarket (remote start thingy) that you can apply and the wires and connector if you look closely they resemble the connector in my original pictures, just in different colour (blue for this aftermarket) since this is aftermarket! Anyways I think I'll leave it as is, based on what the dealer has told me, probably I shouldn't have even bothered looking that far down in the footwell to begin with.

Jeep Wrangler JL Extra Wires in footwell please advice 61WXlEoIHVL._AC_SL1340_

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Clubs

i did the same as you when i got my wrangler. found a GPS tracking device up under the driver foot well. they did a hack job on the OB2 sensor to install it. Iremoved the tracker and fixed the wires on the sensor. crazy what you find when you look hard enough

OP
OP
Marios Pieris

Marios Pieris

First Name
Marios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i did the same as you when i got my wrangler. found a GPS tracking device up under the driver foot well. they did a hack job on the OB2 sensor to install it. Iremoved the tracker and fixed the wires on the sensor. crazy what you find when you look hard enough
So I guess I just leave it there right? Since it is meant for something I didn't option.. I knew it, had this feeling from the start, cause the wires were to short to attach to anything, so they just left it there hanging since remote start option wasn't optioned on my car instead of tidying the wires a bit.. Typical jeep things I guess.. You know I come from a decade of owing Mercedes Benz and this is why I was wondering from the start, but I am getting used to these kinds of things.. Indeed it's a Jeep thing!
Sponsored