Extra Wires in footwell please advice

Marios Pieris

First Name
Marios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon 2-Door 2021
Hello, so is this group of wires in picture used for something? They appear to have a plastic red/black cap at their end so I assume they weren't hooked to something right? (below light at foot area driver side near/ in front of brake pedal. My guess is they are extra wires if user needs them.

IMG_20210428_180314.jpg
Sponsored

Kanonn

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK Unlimited Rubicon 2014
...and they don't connect to the power on your door?

OP
OP
Marios Pieris

Marios Pieris

First Name
Marios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...and they don't connect to the power on your door?
They are very shory really i thinkbthey must be aux wires to attach extra stuff and they are there for ease of access. My jl is Rubicon fully loaded with 4 aux switches available too

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
That doesn’t look like something I have in my driver footwell. The auxiliary connections are under the passenger footwell and they don’t have a connector on them.

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Post more photos and at a closer distance and see how far up you can trace the harness.​

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
That doesn’t look like something I have in my driver footwell. The auxiliary connections are under the passenger footwell and they don’t have a connector on them. Is your Jeep Right hand drive or is the photo just mirrored?
Ohhhh, sorry, my reading comprehension fails me. If it's under the driver's foot-well, that's might be something else, someone found the dealer GPS tracker device under there. Can't tell by the photos.

@Marios Pieris

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/need-help-removing-gps-tracker-add-on.54014/

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ohhhh, sorry, my reading comprehension fails me. If it's under the driver's foot-well, that's might be something else, someone found the dealer GPS tracker device under there. Can't tell by the photos.

@Marios Pieris

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/need-help-removing-gps-tracker-add-on.54014/
Yes it is more than likely a dealer installed device as it doesn’t look factory to me and I’m pretty familiar with the footwell areas of the JL considering how often I’ve been down there lol

OP
OP
Marios Pieris

Marios Pieris

First Name
Marios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes it is more than likely a dealer installed device as it doesn’t look factory to me and I’m pretty familiar with the footwell areas of the JL considering how often I’ve been down there lol
IMG_20210428_221958.jpg

IMG_20210428_221939.jpg

IMG_20210428_221923.jpg

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Thanks for the photos
The red top is only so the wires don’t fall out from the back of the connector, it’s sort of a lock, it isn’t a cover to prevent it from being connected. That red top and the Tesa tape makes it seem like this is a factory connector that is not connected either intentionally or unintentionally. It’s a 6-wire connector right? I’m going to take a look in my jeep in the morning and see if I have that connector and what it connects to, if anything, and report back.

OP
OP
Marios Pieris

Marios Pieris

First Name
Marios
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the photos
The red top is only so the wires don’t fall out from the back of the connector, it’s sort of a lock, it isn’t a cover to prevent it from being connected. That red top and the Tesa tape makes it seem like this is a factory connector that is not connected either intentionally or unintentionally. It’s a 6-wire connector right? I’m going to take a look in my jeep in the morning and see if I have that connector and what it connects to, if anything, and report back.
Yes it is 6 wires if im not mistaken, by the looks of it I don't think it is meant to connect somewhere. I tried touching a bit the area with my hands and couldn't feel something with like "6 needles" where this red thing with "6 holes" (each for 1 wire I guess) could attach to. But please do let me know I'm getting a bit worried.. the car didn't show up any message or anything I only noticed the wire hanging there while cleaning the car... Thanks a lot

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Yes it is 6 wires if im not mistaken, by the looks of it I don't think it is meant to connect somewhere. I tried touching a bit the area with my hands and couldn't feel something with like "6 needles" where this red thing with "6 holes" (each for 1 wire I guess) could attach to. But please do let me know I'm getting a bit worried.. the car didn't show up any message or anything I only noticed the wire hanging there while cleaning the car... Thanks a lot
Now that I'm looking at your location, is your Rubicon an oversea export model?
Sponsored