First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Today, I installed an external heavy duty +12 volt port for my ARB (CKMP12) 12V Portable Air Compressor. With this port, I no longer have to open the hood to connect the compressor clamps to my battery. And if needed, I can connect my battery charger or battery tender to this port to charge the battery/batteries.

Jeep Wrangler JL External Power Port for my ARB (CKMP12) 12V Portable Air Compressor 1609167138362
Sponsored

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Can I get some more details on how you did this and what plug your using? Thx.

OP
OP
calemasters

calemasters

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited, & Escalade
Occupation
Retired Mechanical Engineer
Can I get some more details on how you did this and what plug your using? Thx.

This is the male plug I attached to my ARB air compressor: Compressor plug
This is the fuse holder I attached to the +12v battery terminal Fuse holder
This is the 10 AWG wiring I used: Wiring
This is the plug (connector) I mounted in the filler panel between the bumper and the grille: Vehicle Plug
These are the heat shrink electrical ring: Rings

I used a ground terminal at the right fender for the black wire and the red wire went to the positive +12v battery terminal (through the fuse). All connections were crimped, soldered with heat shrink applied and all wiring was placed inside of automotive conduit. All wiring and components are rated at 40 amps or higher. All wiring looks OEM. Nothing looks like it was added on.

The most difficult part was 1.) finding a suitable location for the connector and 2.) routing the wiring from the connector between the bumper and grille up into the engine compartment. A helper, which I did not have, would have made life easier.

Last edited:

Scarr2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
This is the male plug I attached to my ARB air compressor: Compressor plug
This is the fuse holder I attached to the +12v battery terminal Fuse holder
This is the 10 AWG wiring I used: Wiring
This is the plug (connector) I mounted in the filler panel between the bumper and the grille: Vehicle Plug
These are the heat shrink electrical ring: Rings

I used a ground terminal at the right fender for the black wire and the red wire went to the positive +12v battery terminal (through the fuse). All connections were crimped, soldered with heat shrink applied and all wiring was placed inside of automotive conduit. All wiring and components are rated at 40 amps or higher. All wiring looks OEM. Nothing looks like it was added on.

The most difficult part was 1.) finding a suitable location for the connector and 2.) routing the wiring from the connector between the bumper and grille up into the engine compartment. A helper, which I did not have, would have made life easier.
FANTASTIC! Appreciate the detailed list. Great Mod!
Sponsored