Sponsored

Extension cable very useful for our modifications (Tazer or others) !

skrubi12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
The extension is now available from Z Automotive and I just placed my order. A bit pricey, $37 with shipping, but convenient and I should have it in time to take Jeep in for next service and recall (claim is backup camera can stay on even when put into drive - I've had no issues).
where is this on the zautomovie site? can't seem to find it

EDIT: Disregard, I found it. https://www.zautomotive.com/product/sgw-extension-cable/
Sponsored

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
Received mine yesterday...installed it this morning.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Mine just arrived on my doorstep... ZAuto’s shipping speed is fantastic!

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Great find. I have not ordered a Tazer yet (no mods yet need it), but will definite get this cable, I hate reaching up under the dash.

Sponsored

jason0341

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0L Rubicon
Got mine last night. Just need a little double sided velcro to hold everything in place.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
Installed mine yesterday. It was just as big a pain in the ass as unplugging the original, but now everything is easily accessible.

MEHillwalker80

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S JL 2 DR 1999 Chevy Suburban K1500
Just ordered mine for use with my Jscan. $38.00 incl shipping.

Reactions: GtX

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Got mine too. Haven’t installed it yet, supposed to get the steering TSB this month (assuming they ordered the parts like they said) and will install it after that. Super fast shipping.

Scott

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Hello to all,

I asked the team at "Z Automotive" if they were thinking of offering us a cable to avoid us breaking our hands under the dashboard of our Jeeps, this for the connection of our Tazers (and other accessories that need to be connected / disconnected from the original "Security Gateway Module"!). They answered that they were thinking about it, but that it was not easy to find connectors, so only in "study".

0_Module_Security_Gateway.png

Following this answer, I put myself in the head to find this cable for my Jeep, I make you benefit from my conclusive discovery here.

Here is the cable made at my request (special order), total length 30 centimeters, and this only after some nice exchanges with Gavin. The manufacturing quality is functional, nothing negative to say, I just added a second layer of protective tape "fabric style", because I had some in stock at home and it gives a "Jeep original look".

Original
1_Origine.jpg

Slightly modified by me
2_Modif.jpg

Connectors
3_connectors.jpg

With my Tazer
4_Tazer_A.jpg

5_Tazer_B.jpg

During my exchange with the company (in this case with Gavin), I had explained that my request was only personal, but it could perhaps lead to a large number of orders, as there were several members who wanted this extension.

He understood my explanation, he trusted me and the company was willing to play along (personally, I can't afford to buy 100 or 500 cables to resell them and make a profit, I'm not in the business world at all).

For members who wish to order this cable, here is the link

I would like to make it clear that I have no interest in this business and sadly do not make any profit for those who would like to order it, I have personally paid for my cable and its shipping (and expensive because by DHL so that I can get it quickly).

Good installation to all and feel free to put a comment here :like:
This cable is great. Got mine from a fellow Jeeper who had purchased 2. Took about 5 minutes to install and 10 minutes to reprogram all my options. Thanks you guys!!

Sponsored

chewieHVT

First Name
MV
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL Sport S
This cable is great. Got mine from a fellow Jeeper who had purchased 2. Took about 5 minutes to install and 10 minutes to reprogram all my options. Thanks you guys!!
I just unplugged the mini, plugged in the cord, and that was it. Did I need to unmarry? Everything seems to be working OK.

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I just unplugged the mini, plugged in the cord, and that was it. Did I need to unmarry? Everything seems to be working OK.
I had unmarried mine as it was in the dealers shop several times so I just waited to reinstall it with the new, much improved cable.....

zb39

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ram 5500, 2018 Durango GT AWD, 2015 malibu, GMC 3500 Dump, 70 challenger convertible, 2019 2 door rubicon, manual tranny
Just got mine . To confirm, we don't have to Unmarry, we can just disconnect and reconnect everything. All live functions and the others will be good.

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Just got mine . To confirm, we don't have to Unmarry, we can just disconnect and reconnect everything. All live functions and the others will be good.
Yes
Sponsored