Sponsored

Extension cable very useful for our modifications (Tazer or others) !

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Update: I had TSB 18-092-19 applied, today, with the extension cables installed (Tazer was unmarried and removed). No issues. The best part was that reinstalling the Tazer was an absolute cinch. 10/10 would buy again.

Many thanks to @SwissSteph and @joe@zauto
Sponsored

D90John

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
Vehicle Showcase
Update: I had TSB 18-092-19 applied, today, with the extension cables installed (Tazer was unmarried and removed). No issues. The best part was that reinstalling the Tazer was an absolute cinch. 10/10 would buy again.

Many thanks to @SwissSteph and @joe@zauto
Totally agree!!

OP
OP
SwissSteph

SwissSteph

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.swissjeepjl.com
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Rubicon - Hella Yella - 2.2 Diesel
Vehicle Showcase
I am very glad that my research and discussions with a (friendly) Chinese manufacturer can help you. :like:

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
Quick question I hope. If you unmarry the Tazer to take the vehicle in for service, does the Jeep still remember "vehicle settings" like Tire size?

If not, when you re-marry it, do these settings get restored? Do you need to reset tire size each time that happens?

Thanks

Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Quick question I hope. If you unmarry the Tazer to take the vehicle in for service, does the Jeep still remember "vehicle settings" like Tire size?

If not, when you re-marry it, do these settings get restored? Do you need to reset tire size each time that happens?

Thanks
No. No. Yes.

MacombRoger

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue
Occupation
Solution Architect
No. No. Yes.
Thanks!

Well that is sort of PITA. Have to keep a list of all mods you make and redo them each time? So once you are off warranty, can you just say F it and leave it in there? Would any service department (dealer or independent) care that its there?

39k miles, but I bought extended warranty up to 60k.

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!

Well that is sort of PITA. Have to keep a list of all mods you make and redo them each time? So once you are off warranty, can you just say F it and leave it in there? Would any service department (dealer or independent) care that its there?

39k miles, but I bought extended warranty up to 60k.
The difference on Tazer versus say JSCAN is with the Tazer mini for example if using live features it has to be plugged in all the time so going to the dealer is highly recommended to unmarry and remove but with JSCAN there is nothing to remove, even if they flash your system all it does is overwrite what JSCAN writes and you just have to redo the changes.

Tazer and JSCAN both do alot of the same things but the TAZER is more simplistic ( user friendly ) and JSCAN is like meat and potatoes and requires more user intervention.

I ran a Tazer several years back and always removed for service as I just did not want the headaches, others have reported they have left there’s in with no issues but its better to be safe.

With JSCAN there is nothing to remove unless you leave the bypass cable connected

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

Sponsored

jandersendo

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392
Can this be installed without removing the factory plastic panel?

Gmanjeeper

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLR
The difference on Tazer versus say JSCAN is with the Tazer mini for example if using live features it has to be plugged in all the time so going to the dealer is highly recommended to unmarry and remove but with JSCAN there is nothing to remove, even if they flash your system all it does is overwrite what JSCAN writes and you just have to redo the changes.

Tazer and JSCAN both do alot of the same things but the TAZER is more simplistic ( user friendly ) and JSCAN is like meat and potatoes and requires more user intervention.

I ran a Tazer several years back and always removed for service as I just did not want the headaches, others have reported they have left there’s in with no issues but its better to be safe.

With JSCAN there is nothing to remove unless you leave the bypass cable connected
At least for the foreseeable future, all I want to do is change and possibly turn off my TPMS limits. As a result, the cheapest way to go for me is to use the JSCAN app with a Bluetooth OBd2 device. As I understand this thread, I would (somehow) unplug the factory cables from the SGW module, and then plug in the extension from ZAuto into the SGW module? What plugs in to the extension, the red 12 and 8 pin connector ? And then the OBD2 then plugs into the red connector? when I then go to the dealer do I then unplug everything but the extension? What happens to the original cables (Wires) I unplugged from the factory SGW module?
Sponsored