Sponsored

Extended warranty ? Yes/No From dealer or get a Mopar warrant online?

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
Dealer is installing the mopar lift and they are calibrating for bigger tires, but nothing outside of that as far as extended warranty.
Sponsored

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
I guess you see many vehicles stranded on the road with major transmission and engine failures in your area. Lots of bad luck around those parts.
Check the cost of replacing that Uconnect radio. Engines and transmissions are not the only high dollar things that can go wrong with a Jeep.

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I might of missed it while reading through the thread but I believe the max care warranty replaces everything with Mopar parts in addition it covers a lot more stuff on the jeep. The lower warranties uses aftermarket. I myself went with maxcare and will likely renew.

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
How do modifications like bigger tires/lift/bumpers affect the extended warranty? Should you skip purchasing one if you plan to make mods like this?
You should skip purchasing them no matter what your plans are. The companies don’t offer products(warranties) that cause them to lose revenue. Warranties are a bad bet against yourself.

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
You should skip purchasing them no matter what your plans are. The companies don’t offer products(warranties) that cause them to lose revenue. Warranties are a bad bet against yourself.
You could probably say the same about health insurance, but it's still a good idea to have it. That being said, I have not gotten a warranty on my last three new vehicles because I figured I'd be trading before the warranty was up. This one is planned to be a keeper for a long time, so I'm considering it this time around.

goochman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 JKU Sahara, 2020 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Cruze Premier
We plan on keeping our 2020 10+ years like our 2009 so I pulled the trigger on a 8/125/$100 Max Care last week. I figure if I have 2 repairable issues within that time it will pay for itself - plus it includes rental cares for any repair service.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
My question is when to get it. Seems ridiculous to get it while your vehicle is still covered under the factory 3/36. I mean you literally will have dual coverage. Wouldn't it make more sense to buy a plan when you are close to 36k-miles.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I've purchased 11 new vehicles since 1990 and never purchased an extended warranty on any. I did have a couple issues covered under normal warranty periods but never a major issue. AAA member 48 years and that has been seldom used but I still re-new every year haha. I always have a vehicleor two not in warranty.

Sponsored

Dryver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe "Bridgette"
My question is when to get it. Seems ridiculous to get it while your vehicle is still covered under the factory 3/36. I mean you literally will have dual coverage. Wouldn't it make more sense to buy a plan when you are close to 36k-miles.
From my (somewhat limited) understanding, it's better to buy sooner because pricing increases the closer you get to the end of the standard warranty, and there are probably also annual increases anyway.

It's not double coverage. The extended service plan takes over after your standard warranty expires. The mileage/years stated on the extended cover plane are from date of purchase of the vehicle, not date of purchase of the plan. 80K plan, for instance, means 80K on the odometer.

Also, if you buy at the dealer, you can roll it into your financing if you can otherwise not afford it as a lump sum. Not ideal depending on interest rates, but still an option for some.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
"Insurance " is for peace of mind when keeping a unavoidably high tech vehicle past its original " bumper to bumper " warranty.
Shop rates are at or above $100 an hour. Diagnostics can be a flat $75 or more. Plus, if you don't use it, it's refundable and / or transferable. Simple Math says get it...

RoadiJeff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2.0T Recon, 2018 3.6L GC High Altitude
The cost increases somewhat after the first 12 months/12k miles and there is probably another price jump at 24 months/24k miles. If someone is going to buy it they would be better off doing so early on.

Also, there are benefits with the extended plan that can be used while it is still under the factory warranty. When we had the lifetime MaxCare on our JK they would give us a free loaner vehicle if we had to drop it off while it was still within the factory warranty period. Since it was still under the factory warranty we didn't have to pay the $100 deductible of the MaxCare.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
"Insurance " is for peace of mind when keeping a unavoidably high tech vehicle past its original " bumper to bumper " warranty.
Shop rates are at or above $100 an hour. Diagnostics can be a flat $75 or more. Plus, if you don't use it, it's refundable and / or transferable. Simple Math says get it...
simple math actually says the insurance company wins. Otherwise, they’d be out of business.

ToothMechanic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Billet JLUR

Do you carry any insurance on anything in your life?
Sponsored