ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
@Chrysler-Factory-Warranty

What happened to the 10-year/100k+ Mopar Maximum Care extended warranties? Bought one back in 2018 for less than $2k and was hoping to do the same for another Wrangler, but it appears that 8-year/100k+ is the maximum now. As someone that keeps their vehicles for a decade plus, that's kinda shitty.
I'm jealous that the gassers can get an unlimited mileage warranty, but the diesels don't... :/ ( I think only the 3.6)
Sponsored

Hennessey17

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport
Sell it and order a new one.

With the way used car prices are, you might even make some money.

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I'm jealous that the gassers can get an unlimited mileage warranty, but the diesels don't... :/ ( I think only the 3.6)
Just to clarify, I was typing 100k+ since there's also 125k options. Don't recall seeing any unlimited mileage options for the Mopar extended warranties. Think at one time they had unlimited, though.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Just to clarify, I was typing 100k+ since there's also 125k options. Don't recall seeing any unlimited mileage options for the Mopar extended warranties. Think at one time they had unlimited, though.
I have one of the Mopar unlimited mileage warranties from 2018. I'm glad I did as it paid for a lot after the 36K/3 year mark. Way more than the cost of the warranty. Not proud that it paid for itself, but it prevents me from being pissed to pay when there is stupid crap like having to get an entire axle when just the actuator goes bad (probably a $40 part if they had the part separately). I've read so much on this forum where JLs are failing right after the 36K/3 year warranty so seems like it will continue to pay for itself.

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Reactions: AFD

Sponsored

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
If you drive over 125K mi (average 17.8K mi/yr) in 7 years, then it'd be worth it over the 8 yr/125K mi option

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I saw it here:
https://www.chrysler-factory-warranty.com/get-coverage/

7yrs, unlimited, $3645. Gas engines only
Huh, I didn't see that option on the other site. Personally, I'd still rather have at least 10-year 100k coverage vs 7-year unlimited or 8-year 125k. At best you're only getting 5 years tacked on to the existing 3-year bumper-to-bumper warranty, which kinda sucks for that price imo.

ECP

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Huh, I didn't see that option on the other site. Personally, I'd still rather have at least 10-year 100k coverage vs 7-year unlimited or 8-year 125k. At best you're only getting 5 years tacked on to the existing 3-year bumper-to-bumper warranty, which kinda sucks for that price imo.
Yea.. I didn't see it on the others. I had to dig for that...
I drive like crazy (8k miles in 3 months, but I probably do over 20k year). If I could do unlimited, I would. As it is now, I'll probably pass since the diesel powertrain is 8/100

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
I'm in a similar situation. My credit union offers a bumper to bumper for the following with $0 deductible:

8 Year / 125k miles = $1,734.00

8 Year / 100k miles = $1,686.00

8 Year / 75k miles = $1,614.00

7 Year / 125k miles = $1,686.00

7 Year / 105k miles = $1,646.00

7 Year / 75k miles = $1,587.00

6 Year / 125k miles = $1,649.00

6 Year / 100k miles = $1,616.00

6 Year / 75k miles = $1,567.00

Will not cover after market parts though, makes sense. Will allow up to 8" lift and 35" wheels. I plan on a 2.5" with 35s so I'm good. I'm thinking about an 8 year 125k mile. Dealer offered me a 7 year 100k mile for $3900 lol

Sponsored

DogsRule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JL
Now, I'm typing this slow cause some of you, like me, can't read fast. But I'm putting this down only as a reference. No complaints here.

I've a 2018 (2 yrs, 9 month old) JL. Purchased recently as a CPO with high 72k miles. CPO comes (now) with a 3mo/3k mile Maximum Care and then stretches a Powertrain Ltd Warranty to 7 years after In-service date, (Eg: 4/1/2019 to 4/1/2026) or to 100k miles.

I know this is rolled into the CPO price. But I wanted MaxCare.

What I bought from Tom is an "CPO Upgrade". My 3 month MaxCare runs out next week, and all I'd have is the PLW for 4 years or 30k miles till I hit the 7/100 mark. I wanted to run with MaxCare and could choose the usual 7yr/100mi/$100 deduct, or more time with 8/100/$100, or with mile miles 7/125/$100. Ranges from $1250-1350. I'm sure if available, a $200 deduct would be cheaper. I chose more miles cause I have kids in Moab and Appalachia. So as an upgrade to get MaxCare for 4 more years and another 50k miles I thought it was reasonable. Return the policy in 60 days no charge. thereafter prorated, and some nice little perks. And after 40 years of Jeeps, the novelty of wrenching on my days off is wearing thin at 8 degrees F. I've already had them replace the steering gear, seatback handles, and power mirror in just the CPO 3 month time already. So FYI, HTH.

Gmot123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Billet Silver
Now, I'm typing this slow cause some of you, like me, can't read fast. But I'm putting this down only as a reference. No complaints here.

I've a 2018 (2 yrs, 9 month old) JL. Purchased recently as a CPO with high 72k miles. CPO comes (now) with a 3mo/3k mile Maximum Care and then stretches a Powertrain Ltd Warranty to 7 years after In-service date, (Eg: 4/1/2019 to 4/1/2026) or to 100k miles.

I know this is rolled into the CPO price. But I wanted MaxCare.

What I bought from Tom is an "CPO Upgrade". My 3 month MaxCare runs out next week, and all I'd have is the PLW for 4 years or 30k miles till I hit the 7/100 mark. I wanted to run with MaxCare and could choose the usual 7yr/100mi/$100 deduct, or more time with 8/100/$100, or with mile miles 7/125/$100. Ranges from $1250-1350. I'm sure if available, a $200 deduct would be cheaper. I chose more miles cause I have kids in Moab and Appalachia. So as an upgrade to get MaxCare for 4 more years and another 50k miles I thought it was reasonable. Return the policy in 60 days no charge. thereafter prorated, and some nice little perks. And after 40 years of Jeeps, the novelty of wrenching on my days off is wearing thin at 8 degrees F. I've already had them replace the steering gear, seatback handles, and power mirror in just the CPO 3 month time already. So FYI, HTH.
Tom is great to deal with. I am with you, in that a Mopar MaxCare extended warranty has a low enough cost that it is worth it for peace of mind. I paid under $1k for my Wrangler MaxCare extended warranty. These are not like those third-party $4k extended warranties where you’ll have a fight over every repair.

Jeepsmashin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I'd say get the warranty if your

Going to be modifying it mildly and going with mopar as aftermarket parts

Servicing it at the dealer

Keeping it long term

In the long run it'll pay for it self and with how much everything would cost to fix, im sure the price of a transmission, unconnect system, ect is $$$$$

Reasons why I wouldn't have got the mopar lifetime warranty

I'd consider selling my jeep right now because I can get more money for it because of how the market is but I won't because I already have the mopar lifetime time warranty.

I have to go to the dealer for some services and to install my mopar lift, most of my experiences have sucked, been a big headache and expensive. I dread going to the dealer.

I dont have the freedom to mod my jeep the way I want or if I want to go a more extreme route. Like if I wanted to lift more than 3.5 inches 37+ tires, bigger axles, supercharge, upgrade the drivetrain, engine upgrades ect

If you don't get the warranty just save $50 a month to help pay for anything that could break and once I reached $3k I'd continue to save $50 a month and use it for maintenance while maintaining 3k.

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
You realize you could have also typed:

"I just found out the oil pan seal ruptured in my JLUR because the Jeep dealerships are STILL putting in 6 quarts of oil instead of 5. I didn't have to use the extended warranty I bought because the dealerships are paying for their own mistakes."

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
This is a common question:
  • Analytical types say that the numbers hardly ever work out for the purchaser. Logic: how long can a provider stay in business paying out more than they take in.
  • Risk adverse types like the peace of mind. Logic: I'd rather write a big check up front to avoid sleepless nights.
I agree with the analysts. Extended warranties are the biggest money-makers in retail. They prey on fear of the unknown. The irony is that the people purchasing them tend to be unable to absorb a major financial hit. Unfortunately the only for-sure financial hit comes on day one. Imagine being in a place where you actually "root" for something to go wrong with your Jeep in order to validate your extended warranty purchase.
This is the most succinct and best way to put it.

I will, however, throw one wrinkle in the premise you explain. I don't get the extended warranty AND I "root" for something to go wrong with the Jeep. Why?

AFTERMARKET UPGRADES!
Sponsored