Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I just got the 8yr 125k, a couple grand for an insurance policy. I pay that every single year for a house that never needs insurance, and I have no option. Peace of mind and hopefully never need it.
YES! My EW was baked in with my car note/loan. Paying the balance off in 42months equates to about $79/mo. For the EW portion.

That’s less than my cell phone bill each month. So, yes, it has paid for itself many times over, especially when I was told it would cost $10k-$15k for the engine and labor.
Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Wow after 4 years? 3.6 ?

Running that thing up mountains all day or what haha
2018 3.6L Base Sport JLU (ordered in June, built in Late July)

NOPE!!! Driving it in Houston, TX! No mountains here. It’s been off-road a few times but it’s my maim driver in the city. I personally think I had faulty sensors…

I had a “quiet” coolant leak and had blown head gaskets. Coolant leaked into the block and was being burned. So this is why there was no puddle or visible leak. Coolant got inside the heads and warped them. Voila, I need a new engine at 61k miles (1k miles outside of factory PT warranty).

Jeep didn’t throw any temperature lights…no low coolat light…no engine light (although it was being burned through to the exhaust-emissions). The only light I received was ESS. By that time the warping was done. I only noticed the Jeep overheating when it idled rough.

Bad sensors I believe in combination with intense humidity/heat down here.

Last edited:

Old Dogger

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKR, 2018 JLR
Occupation
Retired High level Management.
Most of the third part warranties, aren’t worth the paper that they are wrote on. But, with all of the electronics on these vehicles as of current, I for one wouldn’t be without a extended warranty. But they are Mopar extended warranty insurance Policies, with a deductible. These our Dealers will honor.

MountainRigged

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 23' JLUR 3.0L EcoDiesel
Most of the third part warranties, aren’t worth the paper that they are wrote on. But, with all of the electronics on these vehicles as of current, I for one wouldn’t be without a extended warranty. But they are Mopar extended warranty insurance Policies, with a deductible. These our Dealers will honor.
True, those ECUs aren't cheap.

Rscx4

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
It’s the electronics to me for sure. Never would have got one in the past, 20yrs ago, but nowadays, can’t even diagnose without some special computer.

Sponsored

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
True. When my issue happened, I thought it was an isolated event. Maybe, it was just my rig? This prompted me to come back to the forums just to see. I realized, my rig isn’t the only one with blown head gaskets. Others have had blown gaskets with less mileage. There’s another thread where these issues are noted. I don’t know if there are more…but…I wouldn’t be caught without an EW.

If I ever had a doubt, after this experience, I’m thoroughly convinced. I just hope others don’t have to deal with this situation without a warranty.

Antonio

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon diesel
That $1500 figure was a covering a JL bumper to bumper for 8 years? What year Is it, And how many miles?
2022 8 yr coverage for 100 K miles, my JL is a second vehicle so it won’t see more then 10 K 12 K miles a year, purchased a few weeks after delivery from Tom with like under 1K miles on vehicle
Sponsored